The OC Candidates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, Nebraska's offense was elite while Frost was there?
I’d compare it to Manny at UM though. Let’s call a spade a spade, Manny was the best DC UM has had in since early 2000s. Yet when he became HC our defense became dreadful for multiple years (UNC just scored again). Yet at Penn State this year? Great defense. Some just can’t juggle running a big time program and tending to one side of the ball. Biting off more then they can chew.

Advertisement
Scott Frost ain’t like that on the trail. At least, not on the MC and DVD level.
Idk man, he pulls talent to a below 500 Nebraska team each year. Not to mention those QBs he had at Oregon and UCF. Better talent evaluator than most - but not on Cristobal or Coley level for sure

1. Nebraska didn’t rank behind Miami in any offensive categories. At least not kinda important ones like points and yards.

2. Frost was fired after Week 3. In the first 3 games, Nebraska scored 28, 38, and 42 points.

3. Miami scored more than 28 points 3 times all season. They scored 38 or more zero times in 2022.
I would add that 2022 is pretty much irrelevant because he took a step back and let Whipple run his offense.

However, he routinely went against much tougher defenses than we face on a yearly basis (Iowa, Northwestern, Minnesota, etc.). Getting the chance to solely be an OC and focus on play-calling has me excited (if it’s him). What he did with Mariota at Oregon was phenomenal as well. Identified Herbert and brought him to Oregon. He can really adapt to his personnel.

He coached WRs at Oregon from 2009-2012, so I’m not sure if he’ll be doing that here or sticking with QB.

Advertisement
I would simply ask why people assume they are up for the same job.

It's just sad how reactionary things can get.

Could be smokescreen. Could be backup plan. Could be separate jobs.

How much credibility do you think that Dan and UM would be risking to make job offers to, and negotiate contracts with, two separate guys for the same exact job at the same exact time?
Say Word Lol GIF by Desus & Mero

I’d compare it to Manny at UM though. Let’s call a spade a spade, Manny was the best DC UM has had in since early 2000s. Yet when he became HC our defense became dreadful for multiple years (UNC just scored again). Yet at Penn State this year? Great defense. Some just can’t juggle running a big time program and tending to one side of the ball. Biting off more then they can chew.
That's fair. For the record, I'd love for Mario to hire Frost and for Frost to bring Oregon/UCF offense here. But his time at Nebraska scares me.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Frost

2018:

30 ppg

456.2 yd/Pg

2019:

28 Ppg

415 yd/Pg

2020:

23.4 Ppg

391.5 yd/Pg

2021:

27.9 ppg

447 yd/Pg

This is not inspiring and the he didn’t have the players crowd, neither do we at miami.
Difference being we dont have the players YET. Nebraska never will. We have the recruiting base to get the right kinds of players for his system. He tried at Nebraska but many transferred out after a season or two because they didnt want to be in Nebraska.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back