The OC Candidates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if it's Frost, I shouldn't be concerned about Nebraska ranking behind Miami in nearly every single offensive category?

1. Nebraska didn’t rank behind Miami in any offensive categories. At least not kinda important ones like points and yards.

2. Frost was fired after Week 3. In the first 3 games, Nebraska scored 28, 38, and 42 points.

3. Miami scored more than 28 points 3 times all season. They scored 38 or more zero times in 2022.

Advertisement
so candle and frost are both in negotiations?

I would simply ask why people assume they are up for the same job.

It's just sad how reactionary things can get.

Could be smokescreen. Could be backup plan. Could be separate jobs.

How much credibility do you think that Dan and UM would be risking to make job offers to, and negotiate contracts with, two separate guys for the same exact job at the same exact time?

Advertisement
1. Nebraska didn’t rank behind Miami in any offensive categories. At least not kinda important ones like points and yards.

2. Frost was fired after Week 3. In the first 3 games, Nebraska scored 28, 38, and 42 points.

3. Miami scored more than 28 points 3 times all season. They scored 38 or more zero times in 2022.
Mostly true. Miami scored 70+ vs Bethune week 1. Ran it up.

E67B9ED0-27AE-4601-9C03-5414456FB111.jpeg.jpg

I would simply ask why people assume they are up for the same job.

It's just sad how reactionary things can get.

Could be smokescreen. Could be backup plan. Could be separate jobs.

How much credibility do you think that Dan and UM would be risking to make job offers to, and negotiate contracts with, two separate guys for the same exact job at the same exact time?
So you are saying Candle as OC and Frost as CO-OC QB coach....I'm off to twitter to...

I've said to much.

Advertisement
is Frost's entire 5 yr tenure at Nebraska relevant?
Of course , if he was killing it he wouldn’t be an available OC candidate

Lot of reasons as to why Nebraska went south, I don’t think any of those reasons were due to his inability to lead an elite offense

I’d be more than okay with Casey Thompson following Frost. He would be more than a nice bridge between TVD and Jacurri. Also would be great insurance should TVD get hurt this year.

In 2018 at Nebraska, their offense was ranked in the 50s, in 2019, they averaged 28 ppg (72nd), in 2020 (COVID) 23.1, 2021 27.9 ppg,

Nebraska's three games last year when Frost was there.....vs Northwestern, North Dakota, and Georgia Southern

Nebraska in 2021: they scored more than 28 points vs Michigan (29), Northwestern (56), Fordham (52).

In 2019: scored over 28 points twice

2018: half of their games were under 28 points

Advertisement
Of course , if he was killing it he wouldn’t be an available OC candidate

Lot of reasons as to why Nebraska went south, I don’t think any of those reasons were due to his inability to lead an elite offense
So, Nebraska's offense was elite while Frost was there?

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back