The OC Candidates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Kevin Hart Whatever GIF

Know what concerns me about the snail pace of this, how long is it gonna take the players to grasp the new playbook? How can they go into spring practice without even theoretical knowledge of the concepts? It dont seem like Cristobal factors that. Its not just about fans gratification for me. These things concern me when u consider how out of sync everything was this past season, at no point did we look like a cohesive unit, except on special teams....maybe.

Advertisement
Know what concerns me about the snail pace of this, how long is it gonna take the players to grasp the new playbook? How can they go into spring practice without even theoretical knowledge of the concepts? It dont seem like Cristobal factors that. Its not just about fans gratification for me. These things concern me when u consider how out of sync everything was this past season, at no point did we look like a cohesive unit, except on special teams....maybe.

At least they don't have much to wipe clean from their minds from Gatass's playbook.........

Branson Deen is your upgrade? Or the 5'11 guy?
Both I think more than off-set Jackson in the slightest who was a bit overblown on these boards. High-motor guys that instead of project-ability, have stats to back it up. Deen is underrated; but it’s still not enough to satisfy anyone (and it shouldn’t). We need 1-2 more guys.

Secondary I’d also argue our #1 and #2 are better than last year - Stevenson was better than both, but Brown + Roberts > Stevenson and Ivey. Again, that’s not saying too much in the grand scheme of things and we need 1-2 more guys.

Safety is a bit of a disaster right now. If we go into 2023 with James Williams walzing into the #2 spot without a challenge, we failed.

I thought the same thing when we assembled the staff but were playing only 2 LBs most of the time as are most teams. Many of those teams are running a 3/4 base were the OLB coach handles OLB and DEs. I think it’s also a function of getting the most elite recruiters on your staff for some of those teams. Either way I do think you need 2 DB coaches with todays game.
Ahh. I had assumed that the OLB coach handled that "striker" position as well which I understood to be a hybrid safety/linebacker. But yeah if we only have 2 LBs then 2 DB coaches makes the most sense.

Advertisement
I was there to do some work last year and needed something from Home Depot. Had to drive like 40 minutes to Port Charlotte just to go to Home Depot lol.

Absolutely true. There's not much in that part of inland Florida. Maybe Sebring or Lake Wales, which are on US 27. But US 17 is pretty slim.

my grandad developed a good chunk of the punta gorda side of charlotte harbor in the 70s/80s. Fisherman's Village, Emerald Pointe, office buildings along marion etc. I usually presume people I talk to have no idea what charlotte harbor or punta gorda even is so its funny to run in to a bunch of people talking about the area in detail and the home depot in PC etc in this thread lol.

You may have missed @SWFLHurricane and I reminiscing about Fort Myers/Cape Coral/Naples. I also have a sister and an aunt who live in Sarasota.

Nice areas, still not nearly as built up as the rest of coastal Florida. But getting there.

Advertisement
my grandad developed a good chunk of the punta gorda side of charlotte harbor in the 70s/80s. Fisherman's Village, Emerald Pointe, office buildings along marion etc. I usually presume people I talk to have no idea what charlotte harbor or punta gorda even is so its funny to run in to a bunch of people talking about the area in detail and the home depot in PC etc in this thread lol.
I know exactly where it is.

Advertisement
The fact that Mario is known to be the first in the building and doesn’t leave til after midnight and it takes this long to make staff changes is concerning. I say this with all respect but maybe Mario has some lose bolts up there lol

You may have missed @SWFLHurricane and I reminiscing about Fort Myers/Cape Coral/Naples. I also have a sister and an aunt who live in Sarasota.

Nice areas, still not nearly as built up as the rest of coastal Florida. But getting there.
I Love the area....I also Love the area/s known as Bone Valley, which encompasses areas of Hardee, Manatee, Hillsborough and Polk counties. Termed "Bone Valley" because of the plethora of Extinct Mega Fauna, and fossils found there. People can't imagine what has been found in those areas throughout the yrs from the Phosphate Mine draglines... I bet I've found $50,000 worth of stuff there over the last 23yrs hunting those areas....and that's being conservative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back