The OC Candidates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Advertisement
I wouldn’t mind Frosty McVay, he’s not necessarily my personal cup of tea but he is significantly better than Gattless & he at the very least understands the importance of having a viable passing attack in today’s game.

There’s a lot of other options I think would work here, but I wouldn’t expect for Frost to be here for longer than a season anyway, so for a stop-gap hire Frost would be solid.
I would be surprised if any OC or DC Mario hires last longer than 2-3 years.

Some Twitter like stalking. Could mean nothing. Who knows. Hopefully it would just be as wr coach

7D3B5B27-189C-4D6C-900C-F6C228567A90.jpeg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Nothing I said is inaccurate.

It absolutely was inaccurate. And who knows whether it was intended or not, you are not clear or accurate in your posts.

You said that Mario has "shown a propensity for familiarity when hiring". That's not true. He did not show that propensity at FIU. He did not show that propensity at Oregon (he inherited his first staff from Taggart). You then cite a few guys he brought from Oregon to Miami, and I pointed out that nearly every head coach brings some of his staff along. So this "propensity" that you are blaming on Mario is actually pretty standard in the industry.

Then you lump in Ponce (who Mario had not worked with for a decade, since the FIU days) and Feld (the S&C Coach).

Then you talk about Arroyo "running the type of offense that Mario likes", even though both Mario and Arroyo were Taggart hires.

And, again, you are making a big deal out of this with absolutely no proof that Arroyo is being considered or will be offered a job. But just because you want to **** on Mario.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Brought McClendon, Mirabal, Salave'a..hired Ponce and Steele. 'Net new'..lol!

Guy said he thought Mario would hire Arroyo because he'd be a 'familiar' hire. You may not agree, or the poster may not be part of your click, or maybe he shouldn't have included Field, but his reasoning is not 'unreasonable'. But you keep on with your 'net-new' self.

More proof that you are a dishonest dealer and are trying to use every bad fact to **** on Mario.

First, McClendon left Miami on January 30th. Ponce was not hired until February 9th. So even though they were never on the same staff, you're going to double-count, because it makes Mario look worse.

Same way you are counting Steele, who was on the same coaching staff with Mario FOR ONE YEAR. Opposite side of the ball, too. Sooooo familiar...

But keep white-knighting for @JimmyJohnsonsHair , it's appropriate, you are both going to use selective arguments to try to make Mario look bad, even when he does the same thing (bringing three on-field assistant coaches with him) that every other lateral-moving head coach does.

But, yeah, it's baaaaad when Mario does it. And shows a "propensity for familiarity when hiring", even though that's the first time he's done that in 12 years as a head coach.

Who on it? And why is it top secret when Gattis been already fired?

The list was pretty guarded last year too.

Why does "firing Gattis" suddenly mean all the OC candidates become public knowledge?

I'd even hazard a guess that it's more likely than not that the name will be someone who hasn't been mentioned 1000 times already on this board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back