The OC Candidates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mullen turned down the Bama job
633DFF61-FDAE-4352-8C0E-C7CB886EF4C6.png

I don’t know the specifics of Mullen’s contract and buyout, but the bulk of the money was paid out to him already. So him waiting until now or next year isn’t super relevant

Advertisement
I don't see it with Kliff Kingsbury. I mean he was underwhelming at Texas Tech and the Cardinals. Once is coincidence twice is a pattern.

To be fair, his offenses ranked top 20 his whole time at TTU. But to win more than 5 games once while having Patrick Mahomes.
View attachment 227125
He always came across as fairly predictable in what he does. His offense is not going to keep your defense off balance. He’s going do what he does well… live by it and die by it.

People scheme to bend but don’t break against him and so far that’s worked.

When you swing for the fences you strike out a lot. That's not to say one shouldn't be applauded for effort, but you'll have to excuse me if a 'pleasing' short-list does nothing for me. I gather there were several swing & misses in last year's OC effort (from the short-list). Results matter. Gattis was a major fail. Another chance to do better. Hyping the process accomplishes nothing.

He always came across as fairly predictable in what he does. His offense is not going to keep your defense off balance. He’s going do what he does well… live by it and die by it.

People scheme to bend but don’t break against him and so far that’s worked.
Agreed. That's kind what I saw. Especially at the Cardinals.

I wish we could combine Kyle Shannahan and Joe Brady. I love Kyle Shannahan innovation in the run game. It's a pipe dream, I would even take a poor man's version of it.

Advertisement
If you knew the short list you’d be pleased
I would love a dm of the short list. And what does that mean? List that Mario is targeting? Does that mean those people are open to the job?

Will accept a lifetime ban if I mention any of the targets on this board after the dm 🙏🏼 I just want something to be excited about.

Advertisement
Brought McClendon, Mirabal, Salave'a..hired Ponce and Steele. 'Net new'..lol!

Guy said he thought Mario would hire Arroyo because he'd be a 'familiar' hire. You may not agree, or the poster may not be part of your click, or maybe he shouldn't have included Field, but his reasoning is not 'unreasonable'. But you keep on with your 'net-new' self.
Feld was at Bama and Oregon. And he worked under Cochran who Mario clearly has an appreciation for re the schtick

Advertisement
Thank you! Very informative. I don’t know how well that would work with Miami offensive personnel. But it’s definitely an option based offense. Run heavy.
THIS. THAT OPTION OFFENSE IS JUST NOT AN OPTION. WE WANT A MOBILE QB, BUT THE OPTION BEING A STAPLE. NAH IM GOOD.

Advertisement
Feld was at Bama and Oregon. And he worked under Cochran who Mario clearly has an appreciation for re the schtick
Yeah, I called him 'Field' instead of 'Feld' too; but included him in the statement because a poster got lambasted by a couple of other posters for including Feld with other on-field staffers Cristobal brought over from Oregon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back