The OC Candidates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My top choices ATM: Sean Lewis. Zach Kittley. Pull a CU and hire away Tyson Helton from WKU. Could we concoct a Joe Brady+David Yost combo..? Jeff Grimes.

Advertisement
Ludwig would be nice, and he is exactly what Mario wants in terms of philosophy. I think Utah is an image of their HC and the culture he has created there but Ludwig run's an efficient offense and has a great feel for the game. I have a hard time seeing him come here though, he is from UT and has it made there. JMO though.

He did leave once before…..

Advertisement
Guys I Would Be Excited About
Kevin Johns
Warren Ruggiero
Brian Johnson
Shea Tierney
Sean Lewis (poach him from Deion)
Dan Mullen
Seth Littrell

Guys I Would Be Fine With
Tim Cramsey
Andy Ludwig
Clint Trickett
Jeff Grimes
Scott Frost (would be my #1 target to bring on as an analyst for a year or two and promote to OC if he cleans up his image...typical Saban move)

Guys I Would Be Disappointed With
Marcus Arroyo
Rob Chudzinski
Tee Martin

Last edited:
Ludwig would be nice, and he is exactly what Mario wants in terms of philosophy. I think Utah is an image of their HC and the culture he has created there but Ludwig run's an efficient offense and has a great feel for the game. I have a hard time seeing him come here though, he is from UT and has it made there. JMO though.
I’ve been pounding the table for him since the season ended.

That would be Kevin Decker.
People don’t learn. He was running Heupels system and it’s Huepels offense. Tennessee won’t miss a beat. You hire someone who stands on their own two feet not a glorified position coach with a title running the HC system. Mario needs a proven independent OC who runs his own system not an Eric Bienemy, Gattis and this dude riding coat tails

Advertisement
Kevin Johns
Warren Ruggiero
Brian Johnson
Shea Tierney
Dan Mullen

Tim Cramsey
Andy Ludwig
Clint Trickett
Jeff Grimes
Scott Frost (would be my #1 target to bring on as an analyst for a year or two and promote to OC if he cleans up his image...typical Saban move)
that i
Marcus Arroyo
Rob Chudzinski
Tee Martin
That's a fair list.

Honestly go get me some no-name guy from a LCE list that is doing some innovated stuff.

Advertisement
Greg Roman would be an amazing hire.
Anywhere that guy goes his offense have been pretty good and he incorporate a lot of different running elements, which is his focus.
Like if Mario can pull that one off, I think that be the best hire possible. He just isn't a big CFB guy, so recruiting might be the challenge on that end.
Greg Roman has no clue how to coordinate a modern passing game… hard pass.

Whoever it is, I feel that it will be more than Mario doing the evaluating because of the importance of getting the hire right.. Zo and Rad I figure will play a bigger role than last year simply because things were still in transition. I don't care how long it takes really. Just get it right this time.

Advertisement
Kevin Johns
Warren Ruggiero
Brian Johnson
Shea Tierney
Dan Mullen

Tim Cramsey
Andy Ludwig
Clint Trickett
Jeff Grimes

Marcus Arroyo
Rob Chudzinski
Tee Martin
That would be massive. A great offensive mind and a big fat **** you to Fraud Prime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back