The OC Candidates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He had a pocket qb before in Logan woodside he lit diaz defense up when we played them. Also the issue with Mario hasn’t been attempts it’s more so the style of passing game he has had
Yeah looking at who he's had at QB since Woodside explains a lot too. He's had a lot of issues at QB that forced his hand when it comes to play calling.

I don't think he plays Mario style bro ball at all.

Advertisement
I just want to know who the QB or WR coach is.

Definitely don't want that ******* who used to be at Plant. Nothing against Beard, but no thanks.

Advertisement
Would be the smart move if at all possible, imo. Let Frost be the WRC and you get to work w/ him for 1-3 years, hopefully. If Candle does the job expected, you then have firsthand knowledge of your next OC if things go as planned.
Obviously I would take him on staff in any capacity. However if he doesn’t come as OC I don’t think he would come as a position coach but as an analyst while he collects his Nebraska buyout.

The key part of this sentence is “ it’s not about attempts “. I want creativity , spacing and route concepts from the twenty first century.
I'm wondering about who he'll bring with him. Nothing against against Beard, but I think we could do better.

Who do you like at WR coach or QB coach if Candle were to take WR?

Yeah looking at who he's had at QB since Woodside explains a lot too. He's had a lot of issues at QB that forced his hand when it comes to play calling.

I don't think he plays Mario style bro ball at all.

Well thank god Mario has a strong track record of identifying QB talent. So that should balance out Candle’s lack of ability to do so.

Advertisement
Well thank god Mario has a strong track record of identifying QB talent. So that should balance out Candle’s lack of ability to do so.
Yeah he would definitely make recruiting interesting.

Here I'm concerned about that low ranked kid from Arizona being the guy, because he only completes 47% of his passes or runs on every play. But that's exactly the type of guy Candle has been playing.

Advertisement
Another way to put it is Mario is a serious and dedicated workaholic that expects his staff to put everything they have into the program and Mullen is a clown who doesn't like to work hard.

I think Mullen and Mario would be a disastrous fit. Yes, Mullen is a bright offensive coach. But at what cost? I can't even picture Mario and Mullen sitting at a conference table together for more than 30 seconds before it goes wrong.

Culture matters. Personality matters. How do you expect your kids and staff to work like Alabama when the circus shows up to work each day and "doesn't feel like recruiting" while everyone else is grinding? Talk about a recipe for staff problems. Mario cares. Mario is dedicated. Mullen is a goofball. He ****ed away one of the best gigs in sports because he was lazy. Personally, I think it's the worst idea possible. This isn't EA Sports, this is a real life pressure-cooker.

dan mullen dancing GIF by Florida Gators
View attachment 228092

View attachment 228094 View attachment 228095 View attachment 228097

View attachment 228098

I wouldn’t mind having Mullet as an OC but I think he’s probably better suited for the NFL. This way his team can start a new ritual where the rookies haze the head coach. Taping him to the goal post while drawing ***** on his face and dumping Gatorade coolers on him. Preferably at the end of a rookie minicamp so they can leave him there until the start of camp.

You've got an entire world of OC's to choose from and Candle is your pick? I'm sorry, that's underwhelming.
Candle (if he is indeed the guy) would be a solid choice, IMO. I’d prefer Mullen, Littrell, or Frost but after worrying about Mario hiring some of the names being thrown around on social media (Arroyo, Nussmeier, Coley, Peetz, etc) I’d be quite relieved with Candle.

Advertisement
Candle and Beard are good, and an upgrade, but Seth Littrell is a stronger choice. Weird to me that his name is totally absent from the convo. Maybe he said go **** yourself behind the sences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back