The OC Candidates Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Yeah.

He played WR as a player, and he's been coaching offense since 1987. He's a really sharp dude and a pro. This guy just wants to coach ball.

My only thing is he's been essentially a West Coast and PNW guy his whole life. Born in Utah, played in Utah and Oregon, has had 2 different stints as the OC at Utah, and even the times he's left it's been to Oregon, he was Cal's OC and QB coach for 2 years, Fresno, etc. He did spend a few years at Vandy, but immediately went back to Utah when he left there. So I'm not sure how willing he is to move all the way to Miami. But he is a professional coach, basically the anti-Gattis. IMO a dude like this comes in and is all business.

Also developed a ton of NFL talent from kids who were not highly recruited. I'm sure everyone remembers Tyler Huntley and Zack Moss, who of course both weren't good enough to play here, but they're collecting NFL checks. Huntley blew up his senior year under Ludwig and has played himself into the NFL as a UDFA. Also coached James White his senior year and Melvin Gordon his Jr and Sr year. Was David Carr's OC the year he was a Heisman finalist. Dude has been pretty good just about everywhere he's ever been, coaching **** good QBs and Running Backs.

I agree 1000% about everything you’ve mentioned. His son just graduated from Utah in the last year and is now a GA at Baylor

Madison WI and Nashville (Vandy) is the farthest east he’s coached.

Utah just bumped him from $925k to $1.25m in Dec 2022

If Mario doesn’t snag him now, Ludwig will likely stay out west. But I think bumping him to near $2mm and Mario letting him be the HC of the offense would in theory be the pinnacle of his career

From my research his youngest kid is a junior at Utah, for whatever that’s worth

Advertisement
Advertisement
Buzz Lightyear. Space Ranger. How do you get to space? Spaceships. Spaceships fly from where? Cape Canaveral. Where’s Cape Canaveral? Near Orlando. Space themed uniforms worn by who? UCF. Who coached at UCF?…Scott Frost. Next OC. Follow the signs. 🚀🌌🔭🛰️
Always Sunny Reaction GIF

Advertisement
Tim Allen voiced Buzz in the original movies.

Your future OC, Tim Cramsey - OC, Memphis Tigers

In his first season at Memphis in 2022, Cramsey helped guide the Tigers to a 38-10 victory over Utah State in the SERVPRO First Responder Bowl. Memphis finished the season ranked fifth in the nation in fewest penalties (53), 21st in passing offense (279.2) and 22nd in scoring offense (35.3).

Florida International Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks (2012)

That was Mario's last year at FIU. He knows him

Advertisement
Buzz Lightyear's partner is Jessie. Jessie is a cowgirl. A cowgirl is the female version of a cowboy. Oklahoma State University's mascot is the cowboys. Mike Gundy is their coach. Dana Holgorsen was once his Offensive Coordinator and partner. It's Dana Holgorsen!

People mulling over a confusing tweet …. Mullen.

Buzz Lightyear was voiced by Tim Allen...

Tim Allen was in Wild Hogs with William H Macy...

William H Macy was in Mr. Holland’s Opus with Richard Dreyfuss...

Richard Dreyfuss was in Red with John Malkovich...

John Malkovich was in Savage Salvation with Robert De Niro...

& Robert De Niro was in Sleepers with Kevin Bacon.

Next OC = Kevin Bacon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back