Official The OC Candidates Thread 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gaby trying to get any tidbit of info from Hecht

036096D0-A9CC-4EA2-B1FE-8764454E1BF4.gif

Advertisement
Supposed beef between Washington bros and Jalen Brown. Brown was about to commit to Miami.

Kirkland telling everyone he was committing to Miami but the staph didn’t give him the green light and left him in the dark

Some mystery visitors

Can’t remember much else
Not sure why they'd be ****ed about Kirkland's situation getting out. Every school that got eyes on him shut it down immediately. Honestly no clue why Texas took him.. they must have never seen him in person.

When I was on a visit with some kids, one being an OLineman (Johnathan Cline) and sitting in meeting rooms with Mirabal and Pata and walking around with the group of OL kids, Kirkland comes in and sits down and pulls out a jumbo box of little debby honey buns out of his backpack and tore into about 4 of them in 30 minutes. The kid can barely breathe walking across campus. I think he hit 400 pounds. Presumably chronic knee, ankle, and foot issues developing already based on what I heard.

Florida, Michigan State, Miami, etc. backed off when he made his final rounds to each campus.

At this point I would prefer Mario handle the OC hire like the Royal Rumble.

Zagacki on the mic. Miami Ohio takes the field. Here’s the countdown clock 3…2…1. Glass shatters. BY GAWD THATS SCOTT FROSTS MUSIC. Ole Frosty coming out of the smoke with a couple beers in hand. Electric.
1676389326770.gif

Not sure why they'd be ****ed about Kirkland's situation getting out. Every school that got eyes on him shut it down immediately. Honestly no clue why Texas took him.. they must have never seen him in person.

When I was on a visit with some kids, one being an OLineman (Johnathan Cline) and sitting in meeting rooms with Mirabal and Pata and walking around with the group of OL kids, Kirkland comes in and sits down and pulls out a jumbo box of little debby honey buns out of his backpack and tore into about 4 of them in 30 minutes. The kid can barely breathe walking across campus. I think he hit 400 pounds. Presumably chronic knee, ankle, and foot issues developing already based on what I heard.

Florida, Michigan State, Miami, etc. backed off when he made his final rounds to each campus.

He doesn’twatch out he’s going to get a premature case of type two diabetes. Did he seriously eat four little Debbies out of a jumbo pack from his backpack. Holy ****. At the very least he’s starting to develop insulin resistance. That is not good.

Advertisement
Ludwig’s was apparently around $2m plus the OL coach is like $1m. Candle’s is much lower.

Plus you have to gros it up for fed & state income tax.

If it's true that Ludwig PLUS the OC was nearing $4M, you are going to hit $6M with fed and state tax gross-up. Essentially, add another nearly 50% (35% fed tax, state tax, plus the gross-up factor).

On the other side, though, ND had to have collected some cash from Alabama for the OC buyout...

That's actually sad as ****

Advertisement
He probably has no interest in UM. I’m sure Notre Dame is seen as a bigger job and better opportunity by most. They’ll attract coaches we’d never get.

Plus, religion/lifestyle. ND definitely the gentler atmosphere for a Mormon.

FWIW Ferman had some interesting comments in his daily morning podcast. Seems he is thinking the announcement is imminent- mentioned being on OC watch.

He also implied that the process of interviewing has been used as a bit of a teaching tool for the rest of the staff. The candidates have had to present their planned offense and then react to certain situations presented to them. I found that really interesting given there have really been so few leaks. You’d think if these candidates were involved with multiple staff members more would get out.
Interesting if true 👍🏽

Advertisement
He doesn’twatch out he’s going to get a premature case of type two diabetes. Did he seriously eat four little Debbies out of a jumbo pack from his backpack. Holy ****. At the very least he’s starting to develop insulin resistance. That is not good.
Not trying to derail the thread but yep 100% he ate at least 4 of them and I saw him throw the box away outside the IPF. So he ate the whole thing in 1 day. It was a sight to see.

We were walking around campus and we were near the pool and he told Ed Pata to get him a golf cart because his knee was bothering him. DVD pulled up a few minutes later and he kicked off 2 DBs off the cart and made them walk back so he could get in. Those 2 kids were talking about his little debby's and making fun of him saying he put on 50 pounds since last time they saw him.

I hope he gets a wake up call just for his health outside of football but bro having a box of honey buns in your backpack is ***** hilarious man

Advertisement

Lmao I’m sorry not to be mean but this visual is hilarious 😂😂😂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back