Official The OC Candidates Thread 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Applewhite wouldn't be that bad. It's a C- hire but that's mainly due to name. The biggest thing I want to know is what happened to the guy? He goes 8-4 as HC the year Deriq King has 50TDs while Houston has one of the most explosive offenses in college football and gets fired, after that the best job he could get for the next couple of years is OC at South Alabama? Definitely seems like something happened behind the scenes
I honestly don’t think it’s that bad of hire either...we are not winning a championship in the next 2 years but applewhite can give us a top 30ish offense and help us win 9-10 games and help Mario evaluate some good Qbs…just my opinion

Advertisement
Idk what the issues with Gattis you’re referring are if you mean off-field or whatever.

The career suicide comment was related to strictly on-field perception and being a terrible hire for what Miami should be getting.
Gotcha! I misunderstood (or assumed). Thanks for the clarification!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Applewhite would be a deeply unserious hire. Mario needs to follow the same process he did with the DC hire. Three points:

1) Up and-coming coach who is actually *pursued* by multiple schools.
2) Solid coaching stats/record with their unit.
3) Hasn't been fired at a big time job before.
Bbbuttt Applewhite was on Saban's first staff at Bama. So he must be the goods if Saban had him for a lone season.
Amirite?

Like it or not, it is. Radar graphs are done on a scale where the maximum value is 100, that usually means percentage. Points per game went from 50 to over 90. Is that compared to the conference, FCS, all Division 1?

You can assume improvement because it's unlikely they're comparing the worst teams, but exactly how impressive can't be determined.

Reactions: ben
Advertisement
Applewhite wouldn't be that bad. It's a C- hire but that's mainly due to name. The biggest thing I want to know is what happened to the guy? He goes 8-4 as HC the year Deriq King has 50TDs while Houston has one of the most explosive offenses in college football and gets fired, after that the best job he could get for the next couple of years is OC at South Alabama? Definitely seems like something happened behind the scenes
If it’s Applewhite after all this time it’s an F- hire due to the process on how he got there. Doesn’t mean Apllewhite can’t do better than we anticipate and work himself up to a C or better in the future but right now it sucks diarrhea ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back