Official The OC Candidates Thread 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
No smoke. Just a conversation about what mattered more at LSU in 2019. Brady or the future NFL stars at WR and QB
Go ask the current NFL stars at WR and QB and they will tell you it was Joe Brady. Brady literally worked with Burrow to help design parts of the offense, bringing those Saints elements to the team. Coach E was just the filter on gameday...a check on playcalling...and it worked wonderfully and was one of the most ridiculous offenses in college football history (probably THE most ridiculous offense). Players were open everywhere, every play.

I had plenty of posts on this, with articles to show my work. Brady was the architect.

...and now he works with Ken Dorsey.

(perhaps not directed at you) How in the **** would Joe Brady be a poor hire? If it ends up like ****, like it did in Carolina, its probably not going to be Joe Brady's fault.

Advertisement
I don’t get how some people can discredit what he did there. Especially looking at their offenses all the way back to Les Miles. It was literally a joke around cfb. No matter how talented they were it was meh , caveman ball. Then Brady arrived.
This. If they can’t see the difference…. then I really don’t know what else to say to them. They’re trying not to see the difference. Just let them have the argument at that point, and agree to disagree. 🤷🏾‍♂️

Go ask the current NFL stars at WR and QB and they will tell you it was Joe Brady. Brady literally worked with Burrow to help design parts of the offense, bringing those Saints elements to the team. Coach E was just the filter on gameday...a check on playcalling...and it worked wonderfully and was one of the most ridiculous offenses in college football history (probably THE most ridiculous offense). Players were open everywhere, every play.

I had plenty of posts on this, with articles to show my work. Brady was the architect.

...and now he works with Ken Dorsey.

(perhaps not directed at you) How in the **** would Joe Brady be a poor hire? If it ends up like ****, like it did in Carolina, its probably not going to be Joe Brady's fault.
It wasn't a question of whether Joe Brady did a good/great job. I don't believe he turned Burrow, Chase and Jefferson into great players just because they weren't great the year before in a scheme that no LSU players thrive in. He had the benefit of working with great players and they created something historic.

It would be like saying Ed Reed and Dan Morgan should be thanking the gods above that Greg Schiano came along and without him they'd be screwed.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I don’t get how some people can discredit what he did there. Especially looking at their offenses all the way back to Les Miles. It was literally a joke around cfb. No matter how talented they were it was meh , caveman ball. Then Brady arrived.
Not even the 2018 Miami Hurricanes could make Burrow into a superstar. Pretty sure he had pedestrian numbers. I think Brosette ran all over us and every pass George Jefferson caught he turned into a big play. Certainly none of the numbers we saw his heisman year. I recall our stellar tackling on display that evening.

Dude was older than some NFL qb’s. It’s not like it was a true Fr year versus a sophomore. There was one drastic change from the previous year. Brady. The second he left Orgeron went back to being a huge dufus and the O was meh.

TrumpyCane has to disagree

Even with all the talent lost and starting Myles Brennan, Max Johnson, and TJ Finley they were averaging over 400 YPG and 32 PPG

The problem in 2020 was the defense was atrocious, 99th in PPG and was giving up 492 yards a game

Advertisement
Ain’t it funny how Steve Ensminger’s name never comes up by any team for any OC search the last 4 years...

Like not once ever lol
Showtime Recording GIF by CBS

Someone mentioned Brady at lsu and how he turned it around in one year.

The thread turned into the hot chick that walked in the club and is getting all the attention from dudes she would never Fcck.
And don’t forget we did this same thing last year 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back