Official The OC Candidates Thread 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
@TpaBayFlyFisher introduced the concept to me based on something they have on the WEZ called Biden’s Basement. O took it to the Maude’s and Admins here and a bunch of us worked on it. I actually think it’s been going in the direction of @UrineDaloop ’s fan portal for the better.
Hey @MadCane, I’m not exactly a popular person on that site but I’ll take a good idea and give credit where do.

Dude was older than some NFL qb’s. It’s not like it was a true Fr year versus a sophomore. There was one drastic change from the previous year. Brady. The second he left Orgeron went back to being a huge dufus and the O was meh.
LSU only returned 49 scholarship guys from that title team. The QBs were Myles Brennan and Max Johnson. Chase sat out the whole year. It wasn't just Brady's departure. That was a completely new team. Unless Joe Brady is drawing up plays for the Bengals when no one is paying attention, Joe Burrow and Chase have proven they will make any competent coaching look good.

Brady did an awesome job but he did have a to of unbelievable talent on that roster... Joe Burrow went to the NFL and became literally a Top 3 QB and his 2 WRs are All Pro Caliber WRs. I would love to bring in Joe Brady though
Bro we legit played them the year before in Dallas and joe burrow looked like every other bum to play at LSU the past decade plus

Brady made that team… they legit have reverted back to the normal selves unable to stop tripping on themselves (sound familiar?) relative to talent

He might not have been the OC by title but his concepts and scheme propelled them to one of the best teams ever

Advertisement
I'm half kidding above. I'm on record saying I don't give a flying F how long the hire takes....as long as he hits a home run.

The concern here is that he took his sweet a$$ time last year and hired one of the worst OC's in the history of this program.

I'm going to continue drinking heavily today.

Absolutely. Timing isn’t nearly as important as the hire. The angst around timing is mostly fan frustration but we also have a LOT of work to do and Mario needs good coordinators to excel here.

One of hottest name in the NFL cannot be a serious candidate for an OC job in college, if Mario spoke to him I bet the discussion were very short.

It is clear since weeks Johnson is going to be an NFL OC in Philly or somewhere else.
Correct, and last year with Dorsey was different because he is a Cane legend, and even then the second he was in line for the OC spot in Buffalo it was a wrap.

Hey @MadCane, I’m not exactly a popular person on that site but I’ll take a good idea and give credit where do.

Is it basically going back to a CIS/WEZ split, where if you or the thread ****ed around it got sent to that part of the board?

Is it basically going back to a CIS/WEZ split, where if you or the thread ****ed around it got sent to that part of the board?
I don’t think so. For me purgatory is for either reform, cooling off or potentially to disappear without a permaban. The most WEZ-like **** here goes on in Town Hall and Off Topic, the first of which I’d definitely close but either way, there are limits here - even on those forums - whereas I think WEZ lets Darwin determine things.

We’re not looking to replicate that. Our OT board exists to get off topic stuff off the sports boards. Our Town Hall board exists to get politics off of all the other boards.

Advertisement
LSU only returned 49 scholarship guys from that title team. The QBs were Myles Brennan and Max Johnson. Chase sat out the whole year. It wasn't just Brady's departure. That was a completely new team. Unless Joe Brady is drawing up plays for the Bengals when no one is paying attention, Joe Burrow and Chase have proven they will make any competent coaching look good.
What about the decade before Brady?

Nah, it has to do with anything that doesn't fit the tezzie world view. Not sure that's something to be proud to emulate here.

Whatever. All I did was "yawn".

Advertisement
What about the decade before Joe Burrow?
What about 20****ing18 when Burrow played and looked like he was doing something other than football after his college career was over?

Like, the amount of turnover on offense from 2018 to 2019 was next to nonexistent and people act as if everyone knew that the 2019 LSU Tigers became the offensive juggernaut they were.

Just stop it, come on now...

Correct, and last year with Dorsey was different because he is a Cane legend, and even then the second he was in line for the OC spot in Buffalo it was a wrap.

Exactly, the pull Miami and Mario had (has) with Dorsey is very different and it makes his situation a particular one.

Nah, it has to do with anything that doesn't fit the tezzie world view. Not sure that's something to be proud to emulate here.

Whatever. All I did was "yawn".
I certainly don’t support or emulate their views but I will take their process of a punishment board and create one here that works for CIS. That’s not ideological in the slightest.

Advertisement
What about 20****ing18 when Burrow played and looked like he was doing something other than football after his college career was over?
I don’t get how some people can discredit what he did there. Especially looking at their offenses all the way back to Les Miles. It was literally a joke around cfb. No matter how talented they were it was meh , caveman ball. Then Brady arrived.

I don’t get how some people can discredit what he did there. Especially looking at their offenses all the way back to Les Miles. It was literally a joke around cfb. No matter how talented they were it was meh , caveman ball. Then Brady arrived.
Anyone who wouldn't be over the moon with a Brady hiring needs to stop huffing paint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back