Official The OC Candidates Thread 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
por favor, cajones means big boxes ("caja" means box, the "on" means large and the "es" means plural).

you mean COJONES as in big ballz. am i correct?

btw, thank you for your military service.
You're totally correct on the literal translation.

Cajon in Argentina is specifically a casket. I know it at least some countries it is a speaker box. @No_Fly_Zone

Cajones in Argentina are dresser drawers.

Advertisement
I’m not sure about this Kingsbury story, but somebody tell me what happened with him in Arizona this past season.

I mean, I know Kyler Murray was injured for a great portion of the season, so obviously, that would have an impact, and I never did watch the HBO AZ Cards in-season special, I’ve been meaning to get around to it, but what caused him to fall flat on his face this year?
I mean, kliff has been a little bit distracted if you know what I mean. I would never come to work if I was him.

8 hours old. We’ve already dry heaved ourselves into a coma over it. Likely not close to accurate. Not that I blame you for posting it.
Just got back from the Panthers game, I should have put a disclaimer on it like FYIAP type thing.

What was the decision I have to adopt?

Advertisement
@nystateofmind found a girl
season 1 premiere GIF by Jersey Shore Family Vacation

I’ve actually been in a committed relationship with a wonderful individual named Ryan for several months!

(They use they/them pronouns)

:)

I’m not sure about this Kingsbury story, but somebody tell me what happened with him in Arizona this past season.

I mean, I know Kyler Murray was injured for a great portion of the season, so obviously, that would have an impact, and I never did watch the HBO AZ Cards in-season special, I’ve been meaning to get around to it, but what caused him to fall flat on his face this year?
Well him and Murray didn’t get along and he just isn’t a good coach

Advertisement
Since the playoffs era started in 2014, can anyone tell me of the 32 teams (duplicates included), how many ran the kind of balls-to-the-wall offense/air-raid type of approach that many posters want as the philosophy of our next OC?

I am not asking rhetorically, because I haven’t done the research.

It’s a legitimate question.
It’s not about running a balls to the wall Air Raid type Offense, it’s about running an offense that puts your personnel in the best position to maximize their skillset which will put up points & puts your team in the best position to win.

The style of Offenses Miami has run since the Playoff era has pretty much been garbage & hasn’t resulted in anything except losses when it mattered most & constant anemic non-productivity that ends up in somebody getting fired.

We’ve run one Offense outside of the “Miami norm” over the last 2 decades, but other than that we haven’t had any good producing Offenses that were worth a sh*t.

We certainly didn’t run a High-Octane Offense last year & it definitely didn’t get us any closer to the playoffs than any other time, so whatever barometer we’re supposed to be judging by it wouldn’t be in our favor in either direction.

There have been teams like the Clemson teams, LSU, OH ST, Oklahoma, TCU & even the 2017 & 2020 Bama teams that have made the playoffs while having a High-Octane Offense.

If the goal is to be like the Notre Dame playoff teams, or Michigan, or Cincinnati, or UGA etc, where you just have an Elite Defense with a great run game & still can win gams despite mediocre QB play, then I guess it could work, but on the road to that destination is about 5-6 years of turbulence rife with questionable head-scratching decisions & losses & even at the absolute best in that scenario it still doesn’t guarantee much coming to fruition because really the only team that has won a Natty with that method is UGA, while everyone else in the same category has suffered the same fate.

It’s a matter of trying to build to become an outlier or trying to use a method that has worked with more varied outcomes. Very few teams are good enough to be Playoff caliber without having a good QB & good Offense in general, if the goal is to be like one of those teams it’s going to be much harder to replicate that success because it requires ELITE recruiting & not just good or really good, but like Top 3-5 type ELITE.

Ultimately, the Offense will be what’s it’s going to be, it just boils down to how far people are willing to continue to move the goalposts & what the exact expectations & standards will be.

It’s not about running a balls to the wall Air Raid type Offense, it’s about running an offense that puts your personnel in the best position to maximize their skillset which will put up points & puts your team in the best position to win.

The style of Offenses Miami has run since the Playoff era has pretty much been garbage & hasn’t resulted in anything except losses when it mattered most & constant anemic non-productivity that ends up in somebody getting fired.

We’ve run one Offense outside of the “Miami norm” over the last 2 decades, but other than that we haven’t had any good producing Offenses that were worth a sh*t.

We certainly didn’t run a High-Octane Offense last year & it definitely didn’t get us any closer to the playoffs than any other time, so whatever barometer we’re supposed to be judging by it wouldn’t be in our favor in either direction.

There have been teams like the Clemson teams, LSU, OH ST, Oklahoma, TCU & even the 2017 & 2020 Bama teams that have made the playoffs while having a High-Octane Offense.

If the goal is to be like the Notre Dame playoff teams, or Michigan, or Cincinnati, or UGA etc, where you just have an Elite Defense with a great run game & still can win gams despite mediocre QB play, then I guess it could work, but on the road to that destination is about 5-6 years of turbulence rife with questionable head-scratching decisions & losses & even at the absolute best in that scenario it still doesn’t guarantee much coming to fruition because really the only team that has won a Natty with that method is UGA, while everyone else in the same category has suffered the same fate.

It’s a matter of trying to build to become an outlier or trying to use a method that has worked with more varied outcomes. Very few teams are good enough to be Playoff caliber without having a good QB & good Offense in general, if the goal is to be like one of those teams it’s going to be much harder to replicate that success because it requires ELITE recruiting & not just good or really good, but like Top 3-5 type ELITE.

Ultimately, the Offense will be what’s it’s going to be, it just boils down to how far people are willing to continue to move the goalposts & what the exact expectations & standards will be.

So, Oklahoma. 😉

Advertisement

amen-anchorman.gif

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back