Official The OC Candidates Thread 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
What’s the latest rumor?
1676172342717.jpeg

I’m not sure about this Kingsbury story, but somebody tell me what happened with him in Arizona this past season.

I mean, I know Kyler Murray was injured for a great portion of the season, so obviously, that would have an impact, and I never did watch the HBO AZ Cards in-season special, I’ve been meaning to get around to it, but what caused him to fall flat on his face this year?

Advertisement
Since the playoffs era started in 2014, can anyone tell me of the 32 teams (duplicates included), how many ran the kind of balls-to-the-wall offense/air-raid type of approach that many posters want as the philosophy of our next OC?

I am not asking rhetorically, because I haven’t done the research.

It’s a legitimate question.
2017 Oklahoma

I’m not sure about this Kingsbury story, but somebody tell me what happened with him in Arizona this past season.

I mean, I know Kyler Murray was injured for a great portion of the season, so obviously, that would have an impact, and I never did watch the HBO AZ Cards in-season special, I’ve been meaning to get around to it, but what caused him to fall flat on his face this year?
He had an interview last year where Kyler said he didn't watch a lot of film because he sees so much on the field. That could be the cause of his lack of development from last year to now. Teams adjust and he hasn't been watching enough film to keep up with the nuances and changes defenses have made against him.

Edit: This is still my partially ignorant hypothesis.

Advertisement
At this point I think Mario is slowly treking by foot to Wyoming to find his OC brother. Pray for him. The road is filled with clickers

Sad Pedro Pascal GIF by HBO

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement

The team is not very good but also they had a ruthlessly hard schedule. They lost a lot of close games despite the problems they had with injuries and just having an aging team in a lot of spots

Having Hopkins out for all that time and coming back when it’s too late, Conner is on the way down etc

Check their game results and you can see they only really got beat up by SF and KC they played a lot of tough games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back