Official The OC Candidates Thread 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Lake just put out an update 5 mins ago:

- confirmed Streeter interviewed this week. Didn’t specify for what role, but he did interview

- confirmed Coley interviewed this week. Same as above.

- confirmed Shannon Dawson is interviewing this weekend

- buzz around Nuss is dwindling

- feeling is Candle will stay at Toledo, but it’s not totally dead yet

- there are more names he knows of but doesn’t have the green light to publish. He also believes more interviews will take place this weekend. Says he struggles to put a timeline on it but really believes someone is hired by Monday/Tuesday at the latest

Thanks for sharing

David Lake contradicts himself multiple times in that piece.

I would agree that a week from today, but likely sooner, is a realistic deadline

Thanks for sharing

David Lake contradicts himself multiple times in that piece.

I would agree that a week from today, but likely sooner, is a realistic deadline
You Can Do It Love GIF by Acorn TV

Lake just put out an update 5 mins ago:

- confirmed Streeter interviewed this week. Didn’t specify for what role, but he did interview

- confirmed Coley interviewed this week. Same as above.

- confirmed Shannon Dawson is interviewing this weekend

- buzz around Nuss is dwindling

- feeling is Candle will stay at Toledo, but it’s not totally dead yet

- there are more names he knows of but doesn’t have the green light to publish. He also believes more interviews will take place this weekend. Says he struggles to put a timeline on it but really believes someone is hired by Monday/Tuesday at the latest

Streeter as a QB coach I am all in on but there’s no way Mario is going to hire him as playcaller, IMO. In this scenario, I could see it being Coley as OC/WR and Streeter as QB. I would still say Littrell and Streeter would be a A++++ combo but I don’t think Mario is shuffling Smith or Field off field so I just don’t think it happens.

Advertisement
As of 6:25 cst on Friday Feb 10th

My prediction is Brian Johnson and Coley at WR coach

Also, I don’t have any reliable Intel to support this, but if there was a second option, I’d say someone that no media members have mentioned

Also, I don’t have any reliable Intel to support this, but if there was a second option, I’d say someone that no media members have mentioned
Would be pretty excited if this turns out to be the case. Would just need a recruiter at LB coach and maybe an Addae/DVD swap and we would be ready for year 2.

Advertisement

Would be totally fine with that. There are multiple NFL fanbases who want him as their OC.

asking an honest question. what is the purpose of closing the thread if there isn't really any news to report? the user experience isn't really affected and the site generates probably more traffic with the derail. as soon as any news breaks, it will get back on topic.

no derail from me!
Would a better question be why have thread titles to begin with ?? Regardless of the title they all devolve to the same stuff in every other thread anyway... Same names, same complaints... wash, rinse , repeat.... no???.....I'll say again, I applaud the mods for what they put up with.... I couldn't do it... Andrew would've fired me a long time ago... LOL!!!

Advertisement
I'll never forget that day. You could tell Sapp was just completely wiped out in the 4th quarter. He did everything he could to win the game on his own but just came up short.
Yeah, Sapp was as dominant as any DL in the history of college football for the first 3 qtrs of that game. He owned that game! Bruh was unblockable. He just ran outta gas.

I'd be VERY shocked if one of the hottest names in the NFL circles decides to take a demotion and come to Miami to be the OC.

Brian Johnson is unrealistic IMHO.

The only NFL guys you can get right now are the ones that nobody wants (as OC or HC), i.e. young assistants or old retreads and I wouldn't be pleased with that.

Advertisement
I'd be VERY shocked if one of the hottest names in the NFL circles decides to take a demotion and come to Miami to be the OC.

Brian Johnson is unrealistic IMHO.

The only NFL guys you can get right now are the ones that nobody wants (as OC or HC), i.e. young assistants or old retreads.
Literally makes no sense. Guy is in line for a NFL OC gig. His QB is a meal ticket.

Yeah, Sapp was as dominant as any DL in the history of college football for the first 3 qtrs of that game. He owned that game! Bruh was unblockable. He just ran outta gas.
Take this convo someplace else. ****, man.

BTW: I agree.

Streeter as a QB coach I am all in on but there’s no way Mario is going to hire him as playcaller, IMO. In this scenario, I could see it being Coley as OC/WR and Streeter as QB. I would still say Littrell and Streeter would be a A++++ combo but I don’t think Mario is shuffling Smith or Field off field so I just don’t think it happens.
Soooo uhhh.... in this scenario, if I'm reading this right.....U got Coley calling plays?! Coley? Man listen, if that happens, we'll be in the streets marching like them bruhs in Soweto. This can't happen!!!
Season 1 Episode 24 GIF by Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back