The O with Perry (for one game)

Advertisement
I think many fans are frustrated with the lack of patience in the pocket that DK showed last week. The pass rush was minimal and DK flushed himself out of the pocket and into harms way more often than not. Now it is very fair to lay blame on OC for not working levels and portions of the field (seems and crossing routes) and it is fair to say DK has some happy feet in the pocket right now.

I believe that the lack of reps over the summer and the mental toll of getting back into the fire plays a role. I do not remember DK flushing himself out of the pocket last year the way he did last week. Hopefully he regains his pocket presence.

Spot on.

I agree with all of this.

Advertisement
This fan base is nauseating..even in the face of facts. Perry could hold Kings jock when it comes to playing the QB position
Perry was coming into his own though.

Joe Brady turned a guy who couldn’t complete 50% of his passes against us into a Heisman winner and number 1 overall pick a year later.

Lashlee was better for N’Kosi than Enos and Richt, but he still has his short comings. So few coordinators understand how controlling rhythm builds confidence. Showing your qb the fronts of receivers jerseys quickly and consistently builds his rhythm and confidence. No matter how often the bubble fails we run it because we are committed to it. We would get more out of our offense if we did that with the drop back short passing game. The middle of the field can’t be a no fly zone or good defenses will tear you to pieces.

N’kosi matured late but we could have gotten better play out of him earlier. He is playing very well at FAU. I’m proud of him. King can be very successful to, but we haven’t adjusted to him well enough. Hopefully it’s not too late. It only takes adding a handful of plays to the offense and building on it weekly. **** I would even throw in some run and shoot concepts and footwork without the option routes just to see if it helps King.

King against Oklahoma State

10/13
113 yards

And we driving inside Oklahoma 10 when King got hurt
Context friend , we were down 21-0 to start the game. So let’s not act like he was balling hard lol. You aren’t down 21-0 if the qb/offense was cooking. I don’t care about stats , I care about scores.

King started the Bama game 18/19
There’s nothing impressive in passing 18/19 for under 5 yards per attempt. I’m not sure if some of this is rust coming back from his injury, or maybe just defenses game planning for King’s limits as a passer (similar to what happened to Rosier in year 2).

Advertisement
There’s nothing impressive in passing 18/19 for under 5 yards per attempt. I’m not sure if some of this is rust coming back from his injury, or maybe just defenses game planning for King’s limits as a passer (similar to what happened to Rosier in year 2).

Rosier couldn’t complete 18 of 19 playing catch with no defense on the field.

Context friend , we were down 21-0 to start the game. So let’s not act like he was balling hard lol. You aren’t down 21-0 if the qb/offense was cooking. I don’t care about stats , I care about scores.

I watched the game my friend, we were down 21-0 because defense was horrific and once again Lashlee decided to run his zone reads on 3rd and shorts and proceeded to get stuffed

Saying that score was 21-7 and we were on the 6 when King got hurt

First play Roman shows is what I stay harping on here about. It’s as simple of an rpo read you’ll ever have. A HS kid can see this in prev snap , there’s nothing to read here. It’s a layup , cb clears and leaves a bubble that could be a huge play. King does this way too much with rpo’s and zone reads. So why are we even doing it ? It seems like he’s not making a read , his mind is made up before the snap. Which would explain him giving on zone reads when the read says keep and vice versa.

If your qb isn’t capable of then why keep running it ? Or if it’s a big part of the playbook just move on to one of the kids. You have to do one or the other.

Last edited:
Advertisement
More empty stats. They were mostly all short throws or quick throws , he should’ve been 18-19.
Exactly. I could have made every single one of those throws. We need someone that can make the throws that keep drives going and puts points on the board, not just complete passes that stall drives because they don't move the chains.

Exactly. I could have made every single one of those throws. We need someone that can make the throws that keep drives going and puts points on the board, not just complete passes that stall drives because they don't move the chains.
That’s the “ Alex Smith “ stat line . Check downs land not pushing the ball down field. Of course your comp % is good.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back