the next 2 recruiting classes will define UM...

5XNC

Senior
who knows how long cristobal and coley will be at UM. cristobal possibly not too long. Al has assembled an all star staff of recruiters. given what we have next year (to take a page from newberg's article) and how we close out this year, may define the next decade. the timing couldn't be perfect. some luck and genius? both. i mean, who would know cristobal would be available? no one. coley? he was. but, it all has unfolded perfectly and credit Al for being humble enough to bring them on board and know we could literally shut down south florida for the next 3 years. win games and develop talent and UM is poised for a talent infusion and run at the top not seen since 99-2002.
if we get cristobal and coley for at least 3 years, look out.

Advertisement
I hope Cristobal, Golden, Coley, are together here for a minimum of 5 years. By then end of the 5 years Miami would just be dripping with ring 6 and ring 7

I completely agree.

These next 2 classes will solidify Miami as a national power once again.

I hope Cristobal, Golden, Coley, are together here for a minimum of 5 years. By then end of the 5 years Miami would just be dripping with ring 6 and ring 7

You're reaching heavily. Outside of a completely random scenario, Coley won't be here for the 2015 season.

I agree that last year's class, and the next two, can form the foundation for elite on-field results, which, like a self-perpetuating catalyst, help tremendously with recruiting and so on. Miami is tough to stop when we get on a role and erect the local fence around SoFla. I'll also say, if the stadium renovations go through, it will be huge in terms of enhancing our home field advantage, which we haven't had since we left the OB.

Advertisement

You're reaching heavily. Outside of a completely random scenario, Coley won't be here for the 2015 season.

This. I don't even see Cristobal being around more than a single season. Once you're the boss somewhere, the only time you take a demotion is if you are biding time for the next stab at being the boss again or just plain tired of the responsibility. TRUST me, if the right DECENT gig is offered to him, he is GONE!

lu, i don't agree with that. where's coley going that quickly? he needs time to show he's a play caller. i see mario gone to another hc job a lot quicker.

Unfortunately, I don't think they will be here for more than two years max, so load up while they're here. Hopefully starting to win again will make up for losing them.

Unless our offense just completely go ape sh*t and averages 50 pts a game this year, I dont see Coley leaving after 1 yr. I think him and Mario are here for a minimum of 2 years. I would venture out to say that Al asked Mario for a minimum 2 yr commitment

Advertisement
Dont forget our Canes play in the ACC. There is enough talent to get to a BCS bowl this upcoming season and seasons after.

i don't think Al would make mario give a commitment of 2 years. i'm sure he'd love it, but, if he gets an offer for 1.5 mill somewhere, you can't make the guy stay.
that being said, i think we keep mario for at least 2 years.

lu, i don't agree with that. where's coley going that quickly? he needs time to show he's a play caller. i see mario gone to another hc job a lot quicker.

He's not a future professional playcaller. He's an organizer and a future CEO. He'll go to a mid-level-type program to be a college football head coach. He's on a totally different track than someone like Jedd Fisch, for example.

2 years and gone. Hopefully, far enough away from us. Hopefully, to a middling SEC school.

Agree, but I think it depends on how long Jimbo lasts at FSU. My guess is that Coley is after Jimbo's job. Great for us short-term, may be negative in the long-run.

First, by Coley leaving it further weakened Jimbo's already pathetic public image. Second, if Coley does do very well as an OC at Miami, he would have 1) proved himself as a capable OC at UM (something he needs to be a CEO of a major program), 2) added to his SFL recruiting relationships by being down in Miami full-time, and 3) have beaten Jimbo on the field. I am not worried about him leaving (which likely means he has done well for us), but I am worried about #2 -- he will eventually go back to Tally (his alma mater) with even more recruiting prowess.

Advertisement
We thought 08 was a "perfect storm' for recruiting.

2014 makes it look like a slight drizzle.

The most important part is that the 2012 class will be becoming upperclassmen leaders which have been few and far between for us, while supplementing them with some ridiculous underclassmen. Oh, we are going to do some things.

Agree, but I think it depends on how long Jimbo lasts at FSU. My guess is that Coley is after Jimbo's job. Great for us short-term, may be negative in the long-run.

First, by Coley leaving it further weakened Jimbo's already pathetic public image. Second, if Coley does do very well as an OC at Miami, he would have 1) proved himself as a capable OC at UM (something he needs to be a CEO of a major program), 2) added to his SFL recruiting relationships by being down in Miami full-time, and 3) have beaten Jimbo on the field. I am not worried about him leaving (which likely means he has done well for us), but I am worried about #2 -- he will eventually go back to Tally (his alma mater) with even more recruiting prowess.

If FSU follows up Jimbo's presumed demise with another pseudo-OC, they're even more ridiculous than any of us could hope. Schools like FSU and even Miami (w/out the resources) need to hire proven CEOs who have succeeded at building programs. Even if they're plucked from the MAC or other mid-level conferences, they need to cut their teeth somewhere else. Now, there may be few exceptions to this, but I don't see a way for FSU's scenario (Jimbo would have failed) to net otherwise.

i'm all on board. We need to find more dominating defensive tackles and ensure that we have a QB capable of winning a national title game. Those are the only two things that can stop us.

Advertisement

The longevity for position coaches and playcallers in college seems to be in the 2-3 year range before they get snatched up by another oppty. It's the sign of the times in CFB.

If FSU follows up Jimbo's presumed demise with another pseudo-OC, they're even more ridiculous than any of us could hope. Schools like FSU and even Miami (w/out the resources) need to hire proven CEOs who have succeeded at building programs. Even if they're plucked from the MAC or other mid-level conferences, they need to cut their teeth somewhere else. Now, there may be few exceptions to this, but I don't see a way for FSU's scenario (Jimbo would have failed) to net otherwise.

Don't mean to sound like a groupie, but I agree. Look at how our super OC/DC hires have done for us. CEO's are suppose to provide management structure, leadership, bring in capable helpers, and promote public image -- main responsibilities. Unfortunately, the boards of higher education institutions are not always made up of seasoned business folks and end up pick poor choices. Here is to hope that F$U does ***** up again, but not with Coley.

If Golden continues on this path, the foundation in place will be unbreakable (as opposed to the previous regimes). THAT, combined with on field success, will ensure the program remains top tier irrespective of the assitants on the staff. The foundation crumbled under Coker, and that is why Miami has been in this situation for the past decade.

The longevity for position coaches and playcallers in college seems to be in the 2-3 year range before they get snatched up by another oppty. It's the sign of the times in CFB.
As long as golden stays(which he obviously wil) and they don't all leave at once (like FSwho) we'll be fine with the foundation that were seething in the past year or so and the next year or so

Advertisement
Back