the next 2 recruiting classes will define UM...

lu, i don't agree with that. where's coley going that quickly? he needs time to show he's a play caller. i see mario gone to another hc job a lot quicker.

The longevity for position coaches and playcallers in college seems to be in the 2-3 year range before they get snatched up by another oppty. It's the sign of the times in CFB.
As long as golden stays(which he obviously wil) and they don't all leave at once (like FSwho) we'll be fine with the foundation that were seething in the past year or so and the next year or so

I could see Golden leaving in 3 years and Cristobal taking over. If there's a situation where Golden is going to make a jump to the pros, I'd really like that transition.

Advertisement
who knows how long cristobal and coley will be at UM. cristobal possibly not too long. Al has assembled an all star staff of recruiters. given what we have next year (to take a page from newberg's article) and how we close out this year, may define the next decade. the timing couldn't be perfect. some luck and genius? both. i mean, who would know cristobal would be available? no one. coley? he was. but, it all has unfolded perfectly and credit Al for being humble enough to bring them on board and know we could literally shut down south florida for the next 3 years. win games and develop talent and UM is poised for a talent infusion and run at the top not seen since 99-2002.
if we get cristobal and coley for at least 3 years, look out.

Add 2003 and we should of been in the title game with that great defense smh That Tennesee game still bothers me

lu, i can't disagree with that. i don't get these people talking about golden being here for 10 years. if he has success and wants to stay in the college game? possibly. if he wants the pros. obviously not.

On Cristobal and Coley you guys are forgetting that this is HOME for them. They are FROM MIAMI and love it here, Cristobal especially hes a um alumni that didnt want to leave FIU for Pitt...let that sink in.....dude and his fam aint in a rush just to take a gig..he actually can by time here and end up the ceo after golden.

Coley is from Miami, im sure he loves it here....hes a minimum of 3 year guy here imo. His wife is a hometown dade county girl to. **** the only time coley left fla is to ga at LSU for a year...furthest away he has been is to Tally, and the whole time his home was in coconut grove.

Advertisement
Lotta predictions of premature evacuation by Coley and Cristobal.

Coley went from HS to non-OC OC, and all the sudden he's a proven organizer? So far, he's a recruiter.

Also i dont think Golden wants the NFL. Doesnt seem like him to me at all. Doesnt play to his strengths, either.

Coley went from HS to non-OC OC, and all the sudden he's a proven organizer? So far, he's a recruiter.

Also i dont think Golden wants the NFL. Doesnt seem like him to me at all. Doesnt play to his strengths, either.

Both of them turned down head coaching opportunities to come here. They are both highly coveted.

Here is the only thing I don't like. Just like i feel that we are trolling FSU right now with the Coley hire, and are going to know their offense, the strengths and their weaknesses, I hope we are not getting trolled by Coley. If he is waiting for Jimbo to get canned and then go after is job, he would then know everything about us and how we operate.

Am I playing way too much chess here?

I'm just thinking how old I'll be in 2 years uuugggghhhh.Lol dudes haven't even coached a game with us and you guys are planning their departure.Buzz kill this thread is.

Advertisement
2012 Was good on paper and have produced good results so far. time will tell if they are great.

2013 is looking like it will be good as well.

if we do what we have to do in 2014 recruiting wise, by we should be serious NC contenders in 2015 when 2012 become seniors.

for 2013, we win 9-10 games unless Golden goes full ******

He's an organizer by nature. No one said proven. You added that word. Let's say he's not shy about his ambition or what he plans to do.

Here is the only thing I don't like. Just like i feel that we are trolling FSU right now with the Coley hire, and are going to know their offense, the strengths and their weaknesses, I hope we are not getting trolled by Coley. If he is waiting for Jimbo to get canned and then go after is job, he would then know everything about us and how we operate.

Am I playing way too much chess here?

Very much so. Like someone else mentioned, very little chance FSU goes with someone unproven as a HC, like Coley, if and when Jimbo gets the boot. Even if by some chance he did get hired, so what? It's not like other teams don't know the plays we run. Change the calls/hand signals and you're good to go. Strengths and weaknesses, any coach can figure that out by just watching some tape. And who knows what our team might look like by then. Maybe D'Onofrio moves on by then. ****, maybe even Golden moves on.

Did it play to Jimmy's strengths? I tend to agree with you, however, guys like Pete Carroll who are high energy program builders/great recruiters have gone to the NFL just because it's the next logical step.

I hope he stays here for a long, long time.

Advertisement

Both of them turned down head coaching opportunities to come here. They are both highly coveted.

Cristiobal didn't turn down a head job. In his interview with WQAM he said he interviewed for 1 (TEMPLE) and inquired on others. He didn't get offered the Temple job.

Cristiobal didn't turn down a head job. In his interview with WQAM he said he interviewed for 1 (TEMPLE) and inquired on others. He didn't get offered the Temple job.

True, but he did turn down Rutgers and Pittsburgh last year

True, but he didn't turn them down to come here. :)

Advertisement

I think that's unlikely. He may have turned down their interest, but likely not a real job offer. He would have had to go through hoops to get one. Maybe he would have, but the claims that they just threw the job at him seem fanciful.

Did it play to Jimmy's strengths? [/]I tend to agree with you, however, guys like Pete Carroll who are high energy program builders/great recruiters have gone to the NFL just because it's the next logical step.

I hope he stays here for a long, long time.

Yes. Golden and Jimmy are different.

I think with the recruiters we have now on staff well start reloading every year again instead of rebuilding, regardless how long they're here, it'll be long enough to get back to dominance. Get sofla on lock, coach em up and it's over.

Coley was looking around at HC gigs and OC gigs this year...I can foresee a scenario where he's here two years and bounces to a collegiate HC job at a lower tier school. After FIU fired Mario for reasons unknown to anyone with a brain...Coley should have been the guy they targeted.

Advertisement
Back