The New Miami -new unis

I'm saying there is really no argument for us to wear throwback uniforms except nostalgia for the old heads. Everything about the team should reflect the city of Miami from top to bottom. Trying to relive the past doesn't work. Like Manny said, this is TNM.

It's not "trying to relive the past," at all, and I don't get how you don't see that. All of the major, successful programs have been wearing the same unis forever. NO ONE CARES.

The unis look great. Messing with them gave us unis with bra-straps across the back and wings on the shoulders.

There's absolutely no reason to touch them. Let it go.

Advertisement
Im fine with the current unis, i would like to see adidas add 2-3 new alts for next season including an 01 canes home throwback

It's not "trying to relive the past," at all, and I don't get how you don't see that. All of the major, successful programs have been wearing the same unis forever. NO ONE CARES.

The unis look great. Messing with them gave us unis with bra-straps across the back and wings on the shoulders.

There's absolutely no reason to touch them. Let it go.

I gave u a reason to change them. It would be different if we always have wore the throwbacks but we haven't, that was Mark Richt. Under Nike we were one of the more innovative schools when it came to uniforms so it's not our tradition to look like the 80s. If anything it's the opposite.

Somebody should chronicle the changes in UM's football uniforms from let's say 1983 all the way to the present. It would be cool to be able to see the evolution of our football uniform over the last 35 years or so. If someone could set that up the mods could tack it to the top. I think it would make for a cool reference.

Agreed. Lord knows we have had some unbelievable units but also some real trash versions. But I’d still too would love to see them from circa 1979 - Present, including if there’s any word on what we’ll be wearing this season.

Advertisement
I gave u a reason to change them. It would be different if we always have wore the throwbacks but we haven't, that was Mark Richt. Under Nike we were one of the more innovative schools when it came to uniforms so it's not our tradition to look like the 80s. If anything it's the opposite.

Here's three reasons not to change them. These are all horrendous. LMAO at "innovative." These look awful.

1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG

Advertisement
If by fact, you mean not fact, because we've worn traditional unis for years, including RIGHT NOW.

Over here talking about opinions and outright making up "facts."

2 years we have worn throwbacks. All the other years were new desings. 2 of the 30 years of us wearing throwbacks? The fact is, that's not a tradition.

Say it with me: MIAMI DOESN'T HAVE TO BE OREGON. How is that marketing plan working for Oregon? It doesn't, because when push comes to shove, Oregon has NOTHING to sell recruits on besides "Look at all these uniforms, and we have Nike money". USC consistently stomps a mud hole in Oregon, same with Stanford and neither program is reinventing their uniforms every week. To quote former Darrell Royal "Uniforms are work clothes". Period.

Miami had a distinctive look BEFORE Nike starting giving them pure horses**t. Outside of the 2000-2003 template, Miami received pure and unadulterated garbage from Nike. Remember the years upon years of ProCombat nonsense? Out of the 5-6 years of those uniforms maybe ONE set was any good. That's pretty pathetic. Richt understood that Miami's uniforms were fine the way they were before, with the occasional special look. Never mind the fact that retro chic is a design philosophy that has gained a ton of traction over the last 15 years. Look at how many teams are starting to retreat back from the stupid excesses of this generation.

Say it with me: MIAMI DOESN'T HAVE TO BE OREGON. How is that marketing plan working for Oregon? It doesn't, because when push comes to shove, Oregon has NOTHING to sell recruits on besides "Look at all these uniforms, and we have Nike money". USC consistently stomps a mud hole in Oregon, same with Stanford and neither program is reinventing their uniforms every week. To quote former Darrell Royal "Uniforms are work clothes". Period.

Miami had a distinctive look BEFORE Nike starting giving them pure horses**t. Outside of the 2000-2003 template, Miami received pure and unadulterated garbage from Nike. Remember the years upon years of ProCombat nonsense? Out of the 5-6 years of those uniforms maybe ONE set was any good. That's pretty pathetic. Richt understood that Miami's uniforms were fine the way they were before, with the occasional special look. Never mind the fact that retro chic is a design philosophy that has gained a ton of traction over the last 15 years. Look at how many teams are starting to retreat back from the stupid excesses of this generation.

Like I said, we've never been a school to wear traditional uniforms. How our uniforms look is only an opinion. Us being a school that usually doesn't wear throwbacks is a FACT.

Our uniforms should reflect the city which is flashy. Where has trying to relive the past got us? Manny said this is TNM, and by the looks of things since he took over, he means EVERYTHING.

Like I said, we've never been a school to wear traditional uniforms. How our uniforms look is only an opinion. Us being a school that usually doesn't wear throwbacks is a FACT.

Our uniforms should reflect the city which is flashy. Where has trying to relive the past got us? Manny said this is TNM, and by the looks of things since he took over, he means EVERYTHING.

Let me guess, you have little understanding of how sports marketing works, and WHY teams tend to stick with a look once it becomes iconic. Guess what, the Raiders aren't going to move away from the silver and black, just because they moved to Vegas. When you have a distinctive look, you stay with it. Miami, up until the "Retro" template bounced from look to look, mostly because the program itself didn't have an identity. Once Miami hit on a look that was recognizable as uniquely Miami, the school tried to stick with it. That is until Nike started trying to make Miami their laboratory for crap.

When you see that so called retro template run out of the smoke, you know that's MIAMI. It can be no one else. When Miami ran out of the tunnel in those other looks, you could debate whether it was Miami, FAMU or anyone else. With the retro template, you know it's Miami, like you know blue pinstripes on a baseball uniform, it's the Yankees. Silver helmets with a navy blue star is the Cowboys. That's why that retro template resonates with people, it's something that no one can really fully copy, it's like the smoke, it's a Miami phenomenon. There's a reason why people flip out when the mere mention of changing the helmet comes up. It's a look that screams Miami football. That's the point of a uniform, you want to be recognizable. Oregon suffers from that, because their identity is that they don't have one. They are the "Trendy school that you never know what the **** they are going to wear", and that's not something that screams "Built to last".

Advertisement
Let me guess, you have little understanding of how sports marketing works, and WHY teams tend to stick with a look once it becomes iconic. Guess what, the Raiders aren't going to move away from the silver and black, just because they moved to Vegas. When you have a distinctive look, you stay with it. Miami, up until the "Retro" template bounced from look to look, mostly because the program itself didn't have an identity. Once Miami hit on a look that was recognizable as uniquely Miami, the school tried to stick with it. That is until Nike started trying to make Miami their laboratory for crap.

When you see that so called retro template run out of the smoke, you know that's MIAMI. It can be no one else. When Miami ran out of the tunnel in those other looks, you could debate whether it was Miami, FAMU or anyone else. With the retro template, you know it's Miami, like you know blue pinstripes on a baseball uniform, it's the Yankees. Silver helmets with a navy blue star is the Cowboys. That's why that retro template resonates with people, it's something that no one can really fully copy, it's like the smoke, it's a Miami phenomenon. There's a reason why people flip out when the mere mention of changing the helmet comes up. It's a look that screams Miami football. That's the point of a uniform, you want to be recognizable. Oregon suffers from that, because their identity is that they don't have one. They are the "Trendy school that you never know what the **** they are going to wear", and that's not something that screams "Built to last".

LMAO now you're talking just to talk. There are zero valid points in your argument.

Miami was one of the first schools to be innovative with uniforms, that's fact. We were Oregon before Oregon became a thing, that's fact. We were know, are know now, and always will be known as a flashy school, that's fact.

Nothing about our uniforms reflect the city of Miami. All it does is give the old heads nostalgia of the 80s. Manny will have TNM back to wearing more modern uniforms, u can bet on that.

Kids who pick a school for fashionable modern uniforms aren’t TNM. Psst, it is code for mean aggressive players. Really 80s Miami. Let’s stick with the 80s uni.

LMAO now you're talking just to talk. There are zero valid points in your argument.

Miami was one of the first schools to be innovative with uniforms, that's fact. We were Oregon before Oregon became a thing, that's fact. We were know, are know now, and always will be known as a flashy school, that's fact.

Nothing about our uniforms reflect the city of Miami. All it does is give the old heads nostalgia of the 80s. Manny will have TNM back to wearing more modern uniforms, u can bet on that.

Miami was a brand for Nike to try garbage on. Hooray. Miami also had a **** good look BEFORE Nike started doing stupid crap. You forget that Miami was winning games and being flashy with the ON FIELD PRODUCT. You know what made Miami an IT program? Being one of the first major programs to implement and run a pro style passing game, that emphasized speed over sheer bulk. That was what made Miami attractive, not some bull**** Nike marketing fluff. Miami became known as a speed program, as the high flying, frenetic program, because of the talent on the field and how it was utilized.

Advertisement
Need the stripes on the pants to match with the stripes on the helmets.

Looking at our old jerseys, imsnd it appears the stripe sequence on the helmet and pants are exact. Don’t appear to match

Miami was a brand for Nike to try garbage on. Hooray. Miami also had a **** good look BEFORE Nike started doing stupid crap. You forget that Miami was winning games and being flashy with the ON FIELD PRODUCT. You know what made Miami an IT program? Being one of the first major programs to implement and run a pro style passing game, that emphasized speed over sheer bulk. That was what made Miami attractive, not some bull**** Nike marketing fluff. Miami became known as a speed program, as the high flying, frenetic program, because of the talent on the field and how it was utilized.

Thanks, u just proved my point. Miami valued speed over bulk? When u think of speed in cars u think of new Ferrari and Lambos, flashy. When u think of bulk in cars u think old school American muscle cars, traditional.

Nothing about the traditional throwbacks we wear now fits the program. We are heading in a new direction. We are not trying to bring back the old Miami, this is The New Miami. U can bet Manny is going to change everything Richt did including the uniforms. U have to let go of the past.

Oh and also, to think Nike didn't help with marketing let's me know u don't know what you're talking about. We were one of the first schools to get a contract with them. Nike helped The U to be the well known brand and logo that it is today.

Advertisement
Back