The New Miami -new unis

love the current design. no need to change it
hurricanes.jpg

Helmet and pants should match

Advertisement
Somebody should chronicle the changes in UM's football uniforms from let's say 1983 all the way to the present. It would be cool to be able to see the evolution of our football uniform over the last 35 years or so. If someone could set that up the mods could tack it to the top. I think it would make for a cool reference.

Hooray, another stupid uniform thread. By the way, the stripes on the helmet, and the stripes on the pants have always been different from each other. There was nothing wrong with it 30 years ago, there's nothing wrong with that now. I just don't get some of you. You whined about the modern looking template, the school listens and goes back to the classic look. People still whine.

I think in 2021, to celebrate 20 years since our last title, we should wear the '01 Unis. that'd be cool imo. Every year though we should run our traditional orange over white & white over orange... stormtrooper... all green.... Miami Nights and maybe 1 more special uni. Basically exactly what we did in 2018.

Advertisement
We will get new unis and we can save all that 80s swag we wear now for a day when we choose to wear alternates. A lot of old heads on here have nostalgia from the jerseys we have now and refuse to let go of their childhood. That's where the down votes are coming from I've learned.
I think these would be 🔥🔥🔥🔥 esp being able to swag out with diff colors and arm sleeves etc now with DiazView attachment 77855View attachment 77856

Some teams just keep it traditional. Fly uniforms don’t win titles. Oregon has won how many titles?
Miami
Penn State
Bama
Texas
OU
They keep it traditional with the uniforms

Miami is unlike any of those schools. All of those are in small towns, all have longer historic football programs. Does anything about the city of Miami seem traditional? Our uniforms should reflect the city. Flashy lifestyle.

Hooray, another stupid uniform thread. By the way, the stripes on the helmet, and the stripes on the pants have always been different from each other. There was nothing wrong with it 30 years ago, there's nothing wrong with that now. I just don't get some of you. You whined about the modern looking template, the school listens and goes back to the classic look. People still whine.

Head coaches have the final decision on our uniforms. Mark Richt took the whole program back to the 80s, including our unis. The way we look on the field should reflect the city of Miami, flashy. People have got to stop living in the past.

Head coaches have the final decision on our uniforms. Mark Richt took the whole program back to the 80s, including our unis. The way we look on the field should reflect the city of Miami, flashy. People have got to stop living in the past.

If the play is flashy, no one cares if the uniform is.

And we have the Turnover Chain.

Advertisement
If the play is flashy, no one cares if the uniform is.

And we have the Turnover Chain.

Exactly. There is more arguments for us to have new uniforms than not. Miami is nothing like the traditional football schools (Bama, OU, Penn St.). We have football tradition, but are considered apart of the new school.

Advertisement
Miami is unlike any of those schools. All of those are in small towns, all have longer historic football programs. Does anything about the city of Miami seem traditional? Our uniforms should reflect the city. Flashy lifestyle.

LA is not a small town. LA is probably the flashiest city in the world. USC doesn't wear cornball uniforms.

Advertisement
Exactly. There is more arguments for us to have new uniforms than not. Miami is nothing like the traditional football schools (Bama, OU, Penn St.). We have football tradition, but are considered apart of the new school.

That is not at all what I was saying.

That is not at all what I was saying.

I'm saying there is really no argument for us to wear throwback uniforms except nostalgia for the old heads. Everything about the team should reflect the city of Miami from top to bottom. Trying to relive the past doesn't work. Like Manny said, this is TNM.

Advertisement
Back