The new Brandon Inniss Thread

Serious question as I've watched zero film on Innis.

What's his floor and ceiling in college?

Floor is the ceiling

Michael Jordan Shrug GIF by The Ringer

Advertisement
Advertisement
Yes but at least the Kliff Kingsbury and Kyler Murray dynamic looks strong…
And he is at great risk of being fired for failure to coach the rest of the team. For the vast majority of all college coaches that make the switch they fail.

I think the NFL won’t hire an another college coach for awhile, since the Rhule experiment just failed miserably.
A smart owner wouldn’t judge Day by Rhule’s results.

My concern about Day is he inherited an elite program. OC for Urban, then promoted when Urban left. To his credit, he has maintained the program since he took over. Perhaps he made the Buckeye‘s have been even better.

He was a QB coach in the NFL for two seasons, at Philadelphia and San Francisco, under Chip Kelly. So, he’s not unfamiliar how the NFL operates.

A smart owner gets a lot of opinions from ‘football people‘ and goes from there.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Day gets paid more than a lot of NFL HC's, way easier gig, an is a position of almost certain success. why would he ever leave?
Competition. They want to matchup with the best and see where they stand. Some of these guys are wired different. Just like the coaches who people say they won’t work again because they received a big buyout yet they come back to coaching.

Advertisement
What happened to all the the talk from D$ and others this summer about Samson being at the top of the board
I always thought it was said that they considered a him top of the board and a top 5 prospect in the entire class. That can still be true even if they have Innis higher.

Competition. They want to matchup with the best and see where they stand. Some of these guys are wired different. Just like the coaches who people say they won’t work again because they received a big buyout yet they come back to coaching.
yeah I mean I guess it was a rhetorical question.

Day hasn't won a title yet so I think he would be deemed a failure until that happened as his two predecessor's did so I think he'll stay at least until that happens

Advertisement
Day gets paid more than a lot of NFL HC's, way easier gig, an is a position of almost certain success. why would he ever leave?
There's diminishing returns at that tier of pay, and I'm not sure Day is the type that enjoys easy in the long haul.

He’s right there as well . I started to post him to but I didn’t think it was being this technical , but it is Cis. Innis is getting as much attention or more than anyone.
I saw your previous answer and understand what you’re saying and why Innis would be at the top of the board.

Advertisement
Back