The new Brandon Inniss Thread

I can't hate on his reasoning here. That being said I hope Hartline gets a OC job elsewhere lol. #ImAHater #FTaint
Not discrediting Hartline at all but OSU will just reload at recruiting

There’s always another guy waiting in the wings at places like that it’s why I was questioning our fans thinking hiring Hartline as our OC would magically solve all the problems

But he is a beast no doubt about that

Advertisement
Not discrediting Hartline at all but OSU will just reload at recruiting

There’s always another guy waiting in the wings at places like that it’s why I was questioning our fans thinking hiring Hartline as our OC would magically solve all the problems

But he is a beast no doubt about that
I always liked Hartline when he was a Dolphin. He seems like a great recruiter and developer - surely someone is in the pipeline but losing him would absolutely hurt.

Who said triple? It was bigger than Taint's offer, but it wasn't triple.
It was decisively better. Not triple but definitely close to double. He chose to play somewhere that‘s shown to care about offense and who develops guys over money. He’s thinking of 4-5 years down the road versus now.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I always liked Hartline when he was a Dolphin. He seems like a great recruiter and developer - surely someone is in the pipeline but losing him would absolutely hurt.
Agreed and I don’t want to make this convo black and white of course. Both things can be true it can hurt and they will be fine.

It was decisively better. Not triple but definitely double. He chose to play somewhere that‘s shown to care about offense and develops guys over money. He’s thinking of 4-5 years down the road versus now.

Yes, but that other poster almost tricked me into disclosing the numbers...thanks for the assist...

:LOL:

Advertisement
I hope he paid for an insurance policy in case of a career ending injury in college.
This. I admire guys who bet on themselves. And i completely understand why a receiver would look at our situation skeptically. But not everyone makes it.

An injury, your coach leaves, etc and now you are looking at different scenario. Eventually there will be a player (likely multiple players) who wish they had accepted life changing money at the time. A bird in the hand, so to speak.

It was decisively better. Not triple but definitely close to double. He chose to play somewhere that‘s shown to care about offense and who develops guys over money. He’s thinking of 4-5 years down the road versus now.

How WR recruiting and development has gone over the past 12months is enough to fire Gattis, let alone the dogsh!t playcalling

Advertisement
Mario has to take note of this right? The offense is so boring kids can’t even be paid double to play in it

I mean… let’s say Hartline does leave, Taint still has an explosive passing attack that gets the ball to their WRs.
Exactly. I don't think Inniss is naive enough to believe Hartline is going to be there his entire college career. But Day is still the OC.

Plus he gets a free transfer anyways. Won't hurt him at all to spend a year there and then follow Hartline if he ends up at a decent P5 program or somewhere else that can maximize his talents.

Advertisement
Bird in the hand is better than 2 in the bush.

Miami has never had any big time WR’s make millions in the NFL lol.

Here is a secret when you sign the best high school WRs year after year, you tend to produce the best WR’s.

Julian Fleming-5 star #1 WR
Garrett Wilson-5 star #2 WR
Emeka Egbuka-5 star #1 WR
Jaxon Smith-Ngigba-5 star
Jameson Williams-High 4 star top 100 player
Marvin Harrison Jr.-4 star top 100 player

Like when you recruit like that you are going to have studs at the WR position, and you will produce NFL draft picks.

Our current highest rated WR on roster is Jacolby George #29th rated WR 4 star in his class.

See a difference?

Now the issue is you want to have an offense they want to play in, so that is the issue moving forward. Miami needs the infrastructure of a big time program in place, and talent will come, wins will come, tweaks IMO to offense will come, and you could see high rated WR's sign here.

Exactly. I don't think Inniss is naive enough to believe Hartline is going to be there his entire college career. But Day is still the OC.

Plus he gets a free transfer anyways. Won't hurt him at all to spend a year there and then follow Hartline if he ends up at a decent P5 program or somewhere else that can maximize his talents.
Yes kids that age are that naïve (and dumb).

Hartline will be there max one more year, Day is giving up play calling duties, and wasting a transfer isn't a smart strategy.

I mean… let’s say Hartline does leave, Taint still has an explosive passing attack that gets the ball to their WRs.
A lot of teams have explosive offenses…. And we’ll see how the offense looks going forward as Ryan day says he’s stepping back from the OC play calling duties

Advertisement
Back