The new Brandon Inniss Thread

Bird in the hand is better than 2 in the bush.

Miami has never had any big time WR’s make millions in the NFL lol.

Here is a secret when you sign the best high school WRs year after year, you tend to produce the best WR’s.

Julian Fleming-5 star #1 WR
Garrett Wilson-5 star #2 WR
Emeka Egbuka-5 star #1 WR
Jaxon Smith-Ngigba-5 star
Jameson Williams-High 4 star top 100 player
Marvin Harrison Jr.-4 star top 100 player

Like when you recruit like that you are going to have studs at the WR position, and you will produce NFL draft picks.

Our current highest rated WR on roster is Jacolby George #29th rated WR 4 star in his class.

See a difference?

Now the issue is you want to have an offense they want to play in, so that is the issue moving forward. Miami needs the infrastructure of a big time program in place, and talent will come, wins will come, tweaks IMO to offense will come, and you could see high rated WR's sign here.

Did you really just say "Miami has NEVER HAD ANY BIG TIME WR MAKE MILLIONS IN THE NFL"?

If you wanted to say recently, then sure but uhhhh

Andre Johnson: $106,022,099
Reggie Wayne $64,315,000
Santana Moss $47,914,020

**** even Travis Benjamin and Allen Hurns made over $26,000,000.

Advertisement
A lot of teams have explosive offenses…. And we’ll see how the offense looks going forward as Ryan day says he’s stepping back from the OC play calling duties
not many offer what Taint offers on offense right now plus all of this only matters as it pertains in comparison to us and we have a **** offense. Even if Inniss was to transfer, he won’t here until we get the offensive coaching figured out.

not many offer what Taint offers on offense right now plus all of this only matters as it pertains in comparison to us and we have a **** offense. Even if Inniss was to transfer, he won’t here until we get the offensive coaching figured out.
True but Im more laughing about how dedicated he is to having Hartline as his position coach. He’s adamant that his coaching is worth more than maximizing his financial potential currently…

I think it’s dumb because hartline seems to be a dude who leaves as soon as next year if a school like UCF comes calling

True but Im more laughing about how dedicated he is to having Hartline as his position coach. He’s adamant that his coaching is worth more than maximizing his financial potential currently…

I think it’s dumb because hartline seems to be a dude who leaves as soon as next year if a school like UCF comes calling
I think that’s us reading into it more than it really is. Is Hartline the primary reason he is going to Taint? Yea, but that is reasonable but it’s not the only reason. When he says that the coaching is worth that the current financial potential, that is Taint’s offensive situation in general with Hartline being the headliner. Plus it’s not like he isn’t getting money from Taint either. It maybe less but it’s nothing.

Lastly, it’s clear you are looking at this through thick orange and green glasses. So Hartline may leave, so what, who is his WR coach here? A guy potentially leaving next year is still more stable than a guy who the fans want fired right now. If the roles were reversed you would laud the kid for making a sound decision. It’s similar to OL and Mario, we landed Samson and Mauigoa because of Mario’s track record. For them it was a sound decision and we were told that they passed up higher NIL deals because of that.

Did you really just say "Miami has NEVER HAD ANY BIG TIME WR MAKE MILLIONS IN THE NFL"?

Reggie Wayne $64,315,000
Santana Moss $47,914,020

Recency bias is real. Plus with how our offense looked how can you blame him? It's not like hes getting nothing to go play there just less money but in a more potent offense to show his skillset

Advertisement
It was decisively better. Not triple but definitely close to double. He chose to play somewhere that‘s shown to care about offense and who develops guys over money. He’s thinking of 4-5 years down the road versus now.
Selfishly, I wanted him to stay home and come here; but good for the kid.
That's what we always said when the shoe was on the other foot.

Would Ryan Day leave for the NFL if they come calling ? Especially cause he’s giving up play calling duties seems like OSU is getting restlesss

Would Ryan Day leave for the NFL if they come calling ? Especially cause he’s giving up play calling duties seems like OSU is getting restlesss
If he loses to Michigan again and doesn't win a title I can see him start looking around. The pressure will only go up for him there.

Advertisement
Bird in the hand is better than 2 in the bush.

Miami has never had any big time WR’s make millions in the NFL lol.

Here is a secret when you sign the best high school WRs year after year, you tend to produce the best WR’s.

Julian Fleming-5 star #1 WR
Garrett Wilson-5 star #2 WR
Emeka Egbuka-5 star #1 WR
Jaxon Smith-Ngigba-5 star
Jameson Williams-High 4 star top 100 player
Marvin Harrison Jr.-4 star top 100 player

Like when you recruit like that you are going to have studs at the WR position, and you will produce NFL draft picks.

Our current highest rated WR on roster is Jacolby George #29th rated WR 4 star in his class.

See a difference?

Now the issue is you want to have an offense they want to play in, so that is the issue moving forward. Miami needs the infrastructure of a big time program in place, and talent will come, wins will come, tweaks IMO to offense will come, and you could see high rated WR's sign here.

Nicole Kidman Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

We should merge the last couple pages of this thread with recruits a handful of years ago. Would be funny to see everyone changing their position on kids taking the most money.

Everybody went from “taking the upfront easy money over long term money is so dumb.” When kids got illegally bought and didn’t come here.

To “I hope he doesn’t lose his coach or get hurt and miss out on all of the money he was offered in college,” when Miami’s NIL was the best and the kid still didn’t sign.

Advertisement
If he loses to Michigan again and doesn't win a title I can see him start looking around. The pressure will only go up for him there.
Ya lost to Michigan 2 years in a row. And got a chance in the playoffs lost . I think John H leaving Michigan will help his case . Cause right now John got his number

Reggie Wayne $64,315,000
Santana Moss $47,914,020

Either he was born in 2010 or he's using recent success and just forgot to add the context.

Advertisement
Recency bias is real. Plus with how our offense looked how can you blame him? It's not like hes getting nothing to go play there just less money but in a more pote

Bruh I am not blaming him at all just commenting on that one point. I do get frustrated that for years we seemed to lose kids to the obvious bag schools and now all of a sudden every time a commit does not choose us there is a story about how they turned down our bag.

Also I went and looked and the last time Michigan had a WR commit ranked higher than 110 was in 2017 when they got Donovan People-Jones. So Gattis did the same recruiting there he did here. Low 100's kids (Robby and RayRay), I was actually a little surprised Michigan has not prioritized WR more when their top rival and neighbor is plucking the elite level of recruits at that position yearly.

Bruh I am not blaming him at all just commenting on that one point. I do get frustrated that for years we seemed to lose kids to the obvious bag schools and now all of a sudden every time a commit does not choose us there is a story about how they turned down our bag.

Also I went and looked and the last time Michigan had a WR commit ranked higher than 110 was in 2017 when they got Donovan People-Jones. So Gattis did the same recruiting there he did here. Low 100's kids (Robby and RayRay), I was actually a little surprised Michigan has not prioritized WR more when their top rival and neighbor is plucking the elite level of recruits at that position yearly.
Yeah they definitely depend on the ground and pound. But yeah the narrative that kids only choose is for the bag is dumb. Even in our down years we were bringing in top 15-20 classes.

For as good as this kid is, this is the one position group in the country where you can get buried on the depth chart and never get any burn, but you start at majority of other schools in the country. The influx of yearly talent the are getting at the WR position group has been insane.

Advertisement
Back