The new Brandon Inniss Thread

Speaking of air raid, a certain coach in Arizona might be available soon.
I think we are all dreaming that we could land an NFL HC as our next OC. The Air Raid has only won one championship (OU 1999) unless we count Gus @ Auburn as an Air Raid guy. That said, I have a funny feeling the Arizona coach has adjusted his schemes to be a little more than Air Raid.

Advertisement
I think we are all dreaming that we could land an NFL HC as our next OC. The Air Raid has only won one championship (OU 1999) unless we count Gus @ Auburn as an Air Raid guy. That said, I have a funny feeling the Arizona coach has adjusted his schemes to be a little more than Air Raid.
Gus isn’t air raid at all

I don’t want an NFL coach. If Miami players have taught me anything, it’s that you have to keep schemes at the most dumbed down, basic, optimist level for them to understand and not get confused and blow assignments.

Try running an NFL playbook in Miami and disaster will follow. They will never learn it.

We need to hire one of those spread air raid guys who doesn’t have a playbook. Same with defense. We need our schemes to be some kind of backyard football that doesn’t require hard work, discipline or learning, or any kind of commitment to football.

Just keep it as simple and dumbed down as possible

The reason I say “risk” is the comparison to the school he is committed to.

Either way you're talking about money today versus tomorrow. And money today is always less risky than money tomorrow.

I understand you're comparing the chance he goes to OSU, balls out, and gets paid after 3 years, with the chance he goes to UM, gets paid, and still balls out and gets paid (again) after 3 years. But injuries (and life) happen and sometimes that big payday never comes. AR looked like a surefire NFL draft pick, but he never cashed any NFL checks. Tomorrow is never promised. On the other hand, a big NIL contract and cash payments... that's real money.

Advertisement
I don’t want an NFL coach. If Miami players have taught me anything, it’s that you have to keep schemes at the most dumbed down, basic, optimist level for them to understand and not get confused and blow assignments.

Try running an NFL playbook in Miami and disaster will follow. They will never learn it.

We need to hire one of those spread air raid guys who doesn’t have a playbook. Same with defense. We need our schemes to be some kind of backyard football that doesn’t require hard work, discipline or learning, or any kind of commitment to football.

Even with mountains of evidence supporting our teams consistently low football IQ a good portion of our fanbase will keep giving these kids a pass and massively overrating them

Done!
ae038e9e-980d-4c09-ac79-40b2277b03eb_text.gif

Advertisement

Or we could bring in players who actually have a good football IQ. Not like the idiots this program has had for a long time.

What’s funny is, if there’s anyone who knows the fate of Gattis other than Mario, it’s probably Brandon Inniss 😂.

There is a zero point zero chance that Inniss is considering flipping without knowing for certain who is coaching him next year.

Or at least WHOSE NOT !!!

Advertisement
I think this is why people like Cribby are saying Inniss is at the very top of the board and folks like LCE have been very vocal about WR play in todays game.

Here are the WRs on both rosters 3 years ago when Bama and Clemson played for a title:

Tee Higgins
Justyn Ross
Hunter Renfrow
Amari Rodgers
Jalen Waddle
Henry Ruggs
Jerry Jeudy
DeVonta Smith

Yes, we should be able to beat MTSU with what we’ve got. Absolutely. But we hired Mario to reach a ceiling. This is the talent you need to win big. Not Mike Redding and Romello Brinson.

Advertisement
Great player/prospect, but his intangibles and leadership are what UM needs most. This young man could be a generational player at UM while most likely being just another good player at OSU.
tbh, which WRs have we put out in the first round? the last one was what? Dorsett? OSU putting our WRs in round 1 yearly. we gotta stop with this crap. we dont have a track record of developing WRs in the last 15 years or so. we don't even have a WR coach for next year. I hope we land innis and pay him w.e. he wants to come here. what we need is elite first round type talent period. **** the rest. if we have good coaches, they will get these kids balling.

I think this is why people like Cribby are saying Inniss is at the very top of the board and folks like LCE have been very vocal about WR play in todays game.

Here are the WRs on both rosters 3 years ago when Bama and Clemson played for a title:

Tee Higgins
Justyn Ross
Hunter Renfrow
Amari Rodgers
Jalen Waddle
Henry Ruggs
Jerry Jeudy
DeVonta Smith

Yes, we should be able to beat MTSU with what we’ve got. Absolutely. But we hired Mario to reach a ceiling. This is the talent you need to win big. Not Mike Redding and Romello Brinson.
Brinson was a highly sought after recruit. he shined last year in limited reps. they all took a step back this year thanks to gattis. reinfrow was a walk on at Clemson lol.

Brinson was a highly sought after recruit. he shined last year in limited reps. they all took a step back this year thanks to gattis. reinfrow was a walk on at Clemson lol.
It’s a combination of things. The scheme/coaching is garbage. The talent isn’t great but I refuse to believe we don’t have top 25ish talent. Whatever, let’s say we have top 40ish talent, we still should look better than we have. It’s fine if Brinson was just a miss, but at some point, not every kid should be a miss. Was Redding overrated coming of out HS? I think so but he was still talented enough to make a play or two here and there. This should be an 8/9 win team with this talent if we had competent coaching.

It’s a combination of things. The scheme/coaching is garbage. The talent isn’t great but I refuse to believe we don’t have top 25ish talent. Whatever, let’s say we have top 40ish talent, we still should look better than we have. It’s fine if Brinson was just a miss, but at some point, not every kid should be a miss. Was Redding overrated coming of out HS? I think so but he was still talented enough to make a play or two here and there. This should be an 8/9 win team with this talent if we had competent coaching.
I agree. George Brinson all should be better than they are if they had competent coaching from their position coach and their OC (who happens to be the same). the talent isnt as bad as people are making it out to be imo. it isnt elite but its enough to win with this ****** *** schedule in a ****** *** conference in possibly the worst division in the p5. we are the worst p5 team out there.

Advertisement
Back