The NCAA is Vile

Advertisement
The problem is that almost alllll the reasons these kids give are bs. And not to be cold but this kid's is too. All the transfer was doing was cutting 2hrs from his commute to see his mom.....as he conveniently transfers TO a Power 5 program (I'd be more inclined to believe it if he was trying to go FROM Vag Tech TO Coastal Carolina) that is still 105 miles from his house.

I'm absolutely not giving the NCAA a pass here though. They are anything but consistent on sooooo many fronts and beyond hypocritical on even more.

Wished we had some honest politicians in Washington D.C. This should set off a bunch of red flags on how the ncaa operates or conducts its business.ncaa at times can be really callous in its decisions.they are supposed to help students and student athletes not try to derail them.remember back in the eighties a player got ruled ineligible and university got probation for an assistant bought the athlete a plane ticket now because one of they're parents had passed away and couldn't afford one to go home.ncaa is a ruthless dictatorship and our political leaders need to investigate them.

This is 2019. This will for sure go viral. The public pressure will force the NCAA to reverse it's decision, just wait on it. Twitter is undefeated.

Advertisement
The problem is that almost alllll the reasons these kids give are bs. And not to be cold but this kid's is too. All the transfer was doing was cutting 2hrs from his commute to see his mom.....as he conveniently transfers TO a Power 5 program (I'd be more inclined to believe it if he was trying to go FROM Vag Tech TO Coastal Carolina) that is still 105 miles from his house.

I'm absolutely not giving the NCAA a pass here though. They are anything but consistent on sooooo many fronts and beyond hypocritical on even more.

I almost took this stance, but once I read the article i realized it's not the right stance to take.

I almost took this stance, but once I read the article i realized it's not the right stance to take.

I'm jaded, brother. And I'm not even saying the NCAA shouldn't have approved it. You don't rule the dice p-r wise on something like this even IF you side with my initial analysis.

I'm jaded, brother. And I'm not even saying the NCAA shouldn't have approved it. You don't rule the dice p-r wise on something like this even IF you side with my initial analysis.

I agree, u don't roll the dice on something like this. This will end in a reversal though. It does go to show that connections and money speak the NCAA language.

Advertisement
I agree, u don't roll the dice on something like this. This will end in a reversal though. It does go to show that connections and money speak the NCAA language.

I agree. Bad publicity is the only thing that can combat seeming lack of $ on the kid's front and Vag Tech's non-SEC status on the power front.

My original point was that this kid is from Statesville, NC. That's really like 125+ miles from Blacksburg but I'm splitting hairs. Coastal Carolina is like 200 miles even from Statesville. Sooooo the NCAA might* have some ground to stand on IF they were remotely a historically honorable and fair outfit.

That said, once the kid proved that his mom actually had a brain tumor then you just rubberstamp the waiver. But these are cretins and frauds in power.

I agree. Bad publicity is the only thing that can combat seeming lack of $ on the kid's front and Vag Tech's non-SEC status on the power front.

My original point was that this kid is from Statesville, NC. That's really like 125+ miles from Blacksburg but I'm splitting hairs. Coastal Carolina is like 200 miles even from Statesville. Sooooo the NCAA might* have some ground to stand on IF they were remotely a historically honorable and fair outfit.

That said, once the kid proved that his mom actually had a brain tumor then you just rubberstamp the waiver. But these are cretins and frauds in power.

Yeah if the NCAA goes by the book the ruling they made is completely fair. From what I understood in the article. the kid could have applied for a waiver and stated that the coach that recruited him left as his reason to transfer. I'm not sure if he has to stay with the family medical reason or could possibly take the alternate route. This is going to be interesting to watch and see how it unfolds. The article said the NCAA will rule on the appeal within a week.

Advertisement
Calling Emmert the Devil would be an injustice to the Prince of Darkness. Just unbelievable the way he and his cronies go about their decision process. I bet they thought this would somehow curb the Portal they invented.

Wished we had some honest politicians in Washington D.C. This should set off a bunch of red flags on how the ncaa operates or conducts its business.ncaa at times can be really callous in its decisions.they are supposed to help students and student athletes not try to derail them.remember back in the eighties a player got ruled ineligible and university got probation for an assistant bought the athlete a plane ticket now because one of they're parents had passed away and couldn't afford one to go home.ncaa is a ruthless dictatorship and our political leaders need to investigate them.
Congress is even more corrupt than the NCAA.

Advertisement
The NCAA is an abomination. The kid should've just taken the automatic waiver though. Why would he leave it to chance if it was on the table he could qualify because of his coaches resignation? Unless I'm reading incorrectly.

Advertisement
Back