The national Media Loses their Collective Minds...

**** TOOK ME A WHILE TO READ THAT LONG MUTHA****A.U.CKA …… TO ALL OUR FANS SOMETHING I’VE THOUGHT FOR A LONG TIME ABOUT WHY THE REST OF THE COUNTRY HATES OUR SCHOOL SO BAD..

WE’RE THE ONLY SCHOOL THAT HAS BLACKS AND HISPANICS AND OTHER MINORITIES AS THE MAJORITY OF ITS FAN BASE. WE HAVE WHITE FANS OF COURSE ( Y’ALL EVER NEED THAT GOOD DM ME )

ITS LIKE A BLACK KID AND HISPANIC KID BOTH WITH GOLD TEEF JUST WALKED IN THE PARTY SOUTHERN REDNECK AND MIDWEST WEST COAST ALL WHITE PARTY WEARING BLACK AND BROWN IYKYK AND THEY DON’T WANT US THERE BUT THEY GOTTA LET US IN CAUSE THEY GOTTA…

IF I’M THAT KID UM FINA ACT HOW I FEEL DON’T GIVE NO FOCKS ABOUT HOW YOU BYTCH *** NYGGAS FEEL ABOUT MY SWAG YOU DON’T LIKE ME NO MATTER HOW I COME TO THE PARTY THE FACT THAT I’M EVEN HERE MAKES YOU UPSET SOOOOO F.U.CK YA BYTCH LEMME TURN UP THE VOLUME ON THIS SAUCE!!!!

And just like that poof the canes were back….

T-BULLET HERE FOR ALL THE FU.C.KERY
We disrupted the "Good ole boys" tradition back in the 80's with all the kids from the inner city. They hated us then, threw terms at us like: "convicts", "thugs", and we turned it into "Swagger". They still won't forgive us for it. Oh well. Go Canes.

Advertisement
1639057052334.gif

So let me understand.
UM is considered to be in the wrong by some in the national media for using university money on a university program? How stupid. All of the money belongs to the university and it can choose to spend its lawfully earned money anyway it chooses. Imagine the uproar if athletics turns a profit and some of the profit is used to fund non-athletic programs. Oh yeah, no one would care because that is not a story.

If UM is wrong then please tell me how the following are right, and why no one seems to care about:
1. Texas universities using state oil money to fund athletic programs. Certainly this money would be better served being returned to the taxpayers of the state, and if it must be distributed to the universities, there must be better uses than athletics.
2. A non-profit organization in Texas using its money for NIL payments to linemen at Univ of Texas. Frankly, I am unsure if this is even legal for a non-profit, and if so, whether the donors to the non-profit can still claim a deduction.
3. Any state university using tax dollars to pay for athletic programs.

They don't like Miami, so let's find a way to make it sound unethical. Their morals are subject to change depending on the school being discussed.

grew up in the middle of nowhere, Illinois and been a Canes fan for decades. went to school in WPB, partly so I could go to the OB and watch the Canes play in person. now live in LA and people can’t wrap their heads around why I love the Canes so much. it’s just a Canes thing.

Advertisement
Great article.

I went to the University of Miami in the mid 60s, graduating in 1966. The students at the school -- and its fans attending UM games -- were nothing back then if not "traditional." I don't recall seeing more than one or two Black students on campus back then in my 3+ years there. There were hardly any Hispanics and those smallish numbers tended to be wealthy kids from South America, not recent emigres from Cuba.

There were no Black players on our football or basketball teams. Zero, until 1968, when there was finally one. I don't recall much other than a White presence among our local fans at the OB. Confederate flags were waved in the student section by frat guys to the strains of "Dixie," played by the Band of the Hour. (Ironic because most of those frat guys were not from the South -- well, maybe the south shore of Long Island).

Had the South Florida/UM culture and demographics not changed, who knows where we might be today in terms of a Conference affiliation. We rejected signing minority players out of HS in the 60s because "that would affect our ability to schedule SEC teams." Almost as if we were angling to get an SEC invite, maybe? In the end, things worked out well for us.

Advertisement
Back