The Moves Of A Desperate Man (Navarro 'The Atlantic' Article)

16-13 since the start of the 2019 season—2-5 in last seven games (wins coming against Central Connecticut State and a late field goal to top Appalachian State)—Manny Diaz is NOW "shaking things up", per Manny Navarro's blurb in The Atlantic:

Without citing names of a few older places on Miami's roster who are upset about having their playing time or role reduced, it's safe to say Manny Diaz is expecting some departures through the transfer portal in the week's ahead. "Last week was sort of the you're in or you're out week," Diaz said. "Going forward we can't have sad guys in the locker room. That energy just brings everybody down."

I mean where does one even begin with this spin job—getting ahead of the fact that players are disgruntled and leaving for a bevy of reasons—but trying to shape the narrative like he's drawing some line in the dirt and telling guys to get all in, or all out.

Have a hard time believing guys in the locker room are "sad". ****ed off, frustrated, disgruntled, jaded, etc.—but not "sad". Stop it.
Well damnit, they should match up with the sad people in the fanbase! Going forward, we tryin to get yo *** up out the locker room. Your energy has brought this U down. :mad: Signed,
Sad FAN

Advertisement
The only third year and up player I’ll be upset if he transfers is Zion. Need to keep the 1st year and 2nd year classes here.

Lisp and Slide was singing another tune this off-season. “They felt something special in last year’s team and they didn’t want to leave it,” said Diaz. “So let’s run this thing back, and let’s really show the world who we are.”
They sure are showing the world who they are. Thanks, Danny!!!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm a sad wittle boy
Sad Am Fine GIF by MOODMAN

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back