The Moves Of A Desperate Man (Navarro 'The Atlantic' Article)

Advertisement
I hate being a fan of this program. Despite being a worse coach than Golden or Shannon (maybe he is or maybe it’s just my patience worn out from the rest) but I feel like he’s gonna politic his way into more time when it’s blatantly obvious he’s toast.

Advertisement
This is what I'm talking about - he's going to **** around, play the more talented underclassmen and win enough games to save his job.

Fire the ****** before that happens.
Yes to everything except your last point. Manny will make necessary changes but he is 5 games too late and that has already cost him his job. Not to mention that a bunch of freshmen, no matter how talented, will not turn this season around. It's too late.

Golden left some nice veteran pieces that Richt benefited from for a year or 2. Can manny now and the next coach can completely mold and get rolling with James Williams, Taylor, the young QBs, RBs, and WRs, and Arroyo. They’ll pair them with their 2nd year recruiting boost and be rolling for good.

Once I knew a surgeon who.......when things go wrong while operating and he couldn't control bleeding, he starts throwing instruments, cussing, blaming the lighting, the fat patient, the surgical tech and everything else for the trouble he is having.
except of course his poor technique and lack of surgical skills. That's Manny for you.

Manny does his recruiting off the 247 pages.
Golden left some nice veteran pieces that Richt benefited from for a year or 2. Can manny now and the next coach can completely mold and get rolling with James Williams, Taylor, the young QBs, RBs, and WRs, and Arroyo. They’ll pair them with their 2nd year recruiting boost and be rolling for good.

Manny does his recruiting off the 247 pages.

Advertisement
16-13 since the start of the 2019 season—2-5 in last seven games (wins coming against Central Connecticut State and a late field goal to top Appalachian State)—Manny Diaz is NOW "shaking things up", per Manny Navarro's blurb in The Atlantic:

Without citing names of a few older places on Miami's roster who are upset about having their playing time or role reduced, it's safe to say Manny Diaz is expecting some departures through the transfer portal in the week's ahead. "Last week was sort of the you're in or you're out week," Diaz said. "Going forward we can't have sad guys in the locker room. That energy just brings everybody down."

I mean where does one even begin with this spin job—getting ahead of the fact that players are disgruntled and leaving for a bevy of reasons—but trying to shape the narrative like he's drawing some line in the dirt and telling guys to get all in, or all out.

Have a hard time believing guys in the locker room are "sad". ****ed off, frustrated, disgruntled, jaded, etc.—but not "sad". Stop it.
Manny can do a solid like his predecessor and leave so we don’t have a max exodus of young talent

Ya know, there's a few guys I don't need to see on the field anymore and they're all upperclassmen. I'll just wait and see who hits the portal to decide if I'm upset or not. As for Manny, this aint the place to figure out how to be a coach. He should have been playing the best players the whole time. I don't need to see his *** on the field anymore either. Him, and the idiot who gave him the job with no experience can both **** off. Hit the portal Manny, and take Blake with you.

Advertisement
nolan north retro replay GIF

This upcoming recruiting class is looking unbelievably bad. 59th-Jesus Christ. I expect the class ranking will eventually rise to at least 35th, but still.

That always seems to be the case when coaches are finished at Miami. Shannon had two recruiting commits at the time he was fired. Richt signed an unbelievably bad class in December 2018. (Which Diaz to his credit somewhat salvaged the following February.)

Last edited:
Advertisement
I hate being a fan of this program. Despite being a worse coach than Golden or Shannon (maybe he is or maybe it’s just my patience worn out from the rest) but I feel like he’s gonna politic his way into more time when it’s blatantly obvious he’s toast.
He need to win the Coastal to do that. That would be a pretty decent coaching job if he can accomplish that after our start.

The whole thing is ridiculous.

Exactly the word I was looking for. Ridiculous.

Just shows how little control Manny has of this team if he can’t even do the most BASIC **** a coach is supposed to do - decide who goes in on what play - without losing half the team to the portal.

He’s done. They need to push him out.

I think Manny is worse than Golden, and possibly even worse than Shannon. I tend to consider Shannon somewhat worse than Golden because I think Miami football was easier to turn around at that point. Shannon took over after what at that point was a pretty temporary decline under Coker-every coach since Shannon has taken over after a far longer decline.

Advertisement
Back