The most important factor in this game...

Advertisement
What games are yall watching?

Vs UF - 214yds passing
Vs UNC - 309yds passing
Vs CMU - 250yds passing
Vs Va Tech - 469yds passing
Vs UVA - 182yds passing
Vs GTech - 200yds passing
Vs Pitt - 154yds passing

Idk how much College Football yall watch but, one 400+ yard & one 300+ yard performance is NOT a good Passing offense by any standard.

Maybe yall are so used to us not passing at a high level that you think a game or two above average is good, but compared to dozens of other teams in both the P5 & G5, our Passing Offense is pedestrian.
You’re misunderstanding me. I’m not saying our pass offense is good, bro. I’m saying we pass way more than run. It doesn’t equate to a lot of yards because Enos isn’t great, our offensive line sucks, and our quarterback play hasn’t been consistent....but we do pass a lot.

Really???

Which games you talking about? Other than UNC & Va Tech, this offense has been ****** all season long.
Wasn’t elite but we moved the offense better vs uf and put up more points than we did vs lesser competition like ga tech, Pitt and va tech. Unc was the best game we have played offensively in terms of both aspects clicking passing and running wise

Advertisement
Great post, OP. **** blows donkeys. Our offense is an embarrassment. And the #1 knock (among plenty) on Manny to this point is that he continues to defend our crap, garbage offense.

If the D performs like they did in the second half of the FSU game last year, I believe our offense can do just enough to eek out a win, but expecting much more than that is a fool's errand.

People can think whatever they want, but it's clear at this point, we should have hired the guy that FSU did to be our OC.

You’re misunderstanding me. I’m not saying our pass offense is good, bro. I’m saying we pass way more than run. It doesn’t equate to a lot of yards because Enos isn’t great, our offensive line sucks, and our quarterback play hasn’t been consistent....but we do pass a lot.
We do pass more than we run, we're ranked 36th in passing attempts with 272 (FSU is 29th at 295), but our yards per attempt & efficiency are way down.

We don't run much because when we do run it usually gets blown up in the backfield because we're always running some long developing outside zone where the backside rusher goes completely untouched & walks into the backfield lol.

We should actually pass more as an offense, we're just not efficient enough & play too much from under center, we should throwing out the Gun going tempo with RPO/Spread concepts.

Last edited:

Vs UF - 214yds passing
Vs UNC - 309yds passing
Vs CMU - 250yds passing
Vs UVA - 182yds passing
Vs Pitt - 154yds passing

Idk how much College Football yall watch but, one 400+ yard & one 300+ yard performance is NOT a good Passing offense by any standard.

Maybe yall are so used to us not passing at a high level that you think a game or two above average is good, but compared to dozens of other teams in both the P5 & G5, our Passing Offense is pedestrian.
All I know Is our passing offense dramatically decreased the last 3 games,let’s see what Jarren does at the helm again because he was off to a good start

We do pass more than we run, we're ranked 36th in passing attempts with 272 (FSU is 29th at 295), but our yards per attempt & efficiency are way down.

We don't run much because when we do run it usually gets blown up in the backfield because we're always running some long developing outside zone where the backside blocker goes completely untouched & walks into the backfield lol.

We should actually pass more as an offense, we're just not efficient enough & play too much from under center, we should throwing out the Gun going tempo with RPO/Spread concepts.
No argument from me here. I completely agree!

Advertisement
Great post, OP. **** blows donkeys. Our offense is an embarrassment. And the #1 knock (among plenty) on Manny to this point is that he continues to defend our crap, garbage offense.

If the D performs like they did in the second half of the FSU game last year, I believe our offense can do just enough to eek out a win, but expecting much more than that is a fool's errand.

People can think whatever they want, but it's clear at this point, we should have hired the guy that FSU did to be our OC.
Before n’kosi Perry started the last 3 games(uva, ga tech, Pitt) enos offense was outpacing briles in a Number of categories actually. Our offense production has dramatically decreased in that time frame too. Let’s see what Jarren does when he is the guy again.
41856FFA-27C8-45B8-BB08-488944106888.jpeg

Our run defense is rated above Clemson’s iirc
We’ve suffered the two weeks w Pinckney out.

I disagree a bit w OP and while I do think defense MUST shut down Akers,

This game will be decided by our OC.
Oh you & I are in agreement on that, I just already know he's gonna call a bad game & the offense will play super safe conservative ball.

The reason why I said the Defense is gonna have to win us this game is because the Offense can't carry the load on their shoulders, they don't score enough & they don't challenge Defenses enough in order to make anybody fear them.

Every DC we face knows, load the box, sit on everything short & bum rush the Tackles & you'll shut us down.

Teams are able to gameplan for FSU defense and we’re allergic to studying tape (or the very worst ever at doing it) so I expect us to struggle mightily on O.

Like most spread based attacks their goal is to isolate playmakers into as many 1v1 as possible. We leave slots open and are very slow to recover in zone. I expect the D to look bad as well. Good thing they suck too I guess

Advertisement
I don't think those 2 games are indicative of how this offense performs on a regular basis.

FSU's Defense is awful against the Pass, which means you can guarantee Enos is gonna try to run the ball the majority of the game. He doesn't really believe in a pass heavy attack.

This offense doesn't carve teams up enough for anybody to be confident they're going to do it in rivalry game on the road.
I actually disagree with that part. I don't think he runs the ball enough. We haven't had a rb with 20 carries in a game this year. Dallas hasn't had over 14 carries. Cam had 18 vs gt and 16 last week. But before those 2 games the most cam had in a game was 10.

Last edited:
I mean, yea, brother...thats basically the game right there.

If they can stop this jabroni, then they can grind out a win, potentially.

Hope last week's performance on the OL was a step in the right direction, too. Everything we do right can be offset by this OL problem if FSU can tee off.

our "top 15" D shows up and we have a chance.....even IF they do show up, its still a coin flip game with our offense.
gonna be a wild game regardless...hopefully just not UF game type wild.

Advertisement
I don't think those 2 games are indicative of how this offense performs on a regular basis.

FSU's Defense is awful against the Pass, which means you can guarantee Enos is gonna try to run the ball the majority of the game. He doesn't really believe in a pass heavy attack.

This offense doesn't carve teams up enough for anybody to be confident they're going to do it in rivalry game on the road.
VT's and FSU's pass defense are identical and we had 420 plus passing yards on them.

Vs UF - 214yds passing
Vs UNC - 309yds passing
Vs CMU - 250yds passing
Vs UVA - 182yds passing
Vs Pitt - 154yds passing

Virginia has the 13th ranked pass defense in the nation. GT, Pitt, Fla have nearly identical pass defenses. In only one we went for over 200 yards. I wonder if that's a coincidence?

Having Jarren back at QB is a boost. The coaching staff choosing Perry over him is horrifying.

Exactly what I’ve been saying, LCE. I can’t see this defense being effective against Akers, Terry, McShytty, and even Hornifacquit. Hornifacquit diced up a better defense a couple years ago with Wisconsin slugs.

The teams that have handled FSU this year have done it with explosive offense and forcing turnovers and benefiting from mental errors. You go in there with the 3 and Out Express, and you run the risk of catching a drubbing.

Advertisement
Back