The most important factor in this game...

Memnon

Dejazmach
Premium

The most important factor in this game for us IMO will be tackling.

Cam Akers LEADS all of FBS in Broken Tackles & we have had an issue with our tackling all season long, including a horrendous 29 missed tackles in the GTech debacle. We simply cannot afford to have a repeat performance of that game vs a much more talented & highly motivated FSU team.

Their Offense has been the only thing that has kept them alive this season, they average 29.4 ppg & 417yds of total yards per game, plus Cam Akers is 10th in the nation in rushing with 917yds & 12TD's at 5.3ypc. UVA & Clemson were the only 2 games in which he was shut down.

I have ZERO expectations for our Offenses this game, their Defense is complete trash but can be disruptive on the interior with Marvin Wilson, which means Donaldson & Clark are going to have a long day... And of course Zion, is gonna Zion.

The only way we win this game IMO is if our Defense plays it's best game & shuts them down, the only advantage we have is our DL vs their OL, other than that I don't see many advantages for us. I hope Rousseau, Hill, Ford, Garvin, Nesta & Bethel all play their absolute best game & wreak havoc all day, otherwise we'll struggle mightily dealing with this Offense. Simply put, on Defense we have to bring immense pressure & we must wrap up & TACKLE.

Defense is gonna have to put this game on their back forcing turnovers & getting in the backfield all game, because I know our Offense is going to be playing super conservative safe ball & not attacking FSU's garbage Defense in the same way that everybody else has. Bryan Harsin/Zak Hill layed out the perfect blueprint to dice them up, but I do not under circumstances whatsoever expect Enos to use any of that.

Boise St with a True Freshman QB & an offense full of 3-star Moutain West players put up 621yds (407yds through the air) on FSU's Defense. Louisiana Monroe put up 419yds total on FSU, LOUISIANA MONROE... NOT LSU, LOUISIANA MONROE FROM THE SUN BELT (How many 4/5-star you think they got???). UVA put up 415yds total on FSU with 295yds through the air. Even Louisville put up 410yds (286yds through the air) on FSU & Wake Forest put 424yds (308yds through the air), Clemson also carved'em up but no need to include them because they're in another stratosphere.

The point is, just about every team they've played has figured out a way to put up big yards on their terrible Defense, so you know what Enos is gonna do? The exact opposite lol.

Advertisement
Advertisement
One thing I'll give Manny some credit for is hes usually been pretty good at shutting down or limiting the other teams best offensive player (not counting Qb of course).

It's the nobodies that burn us (ex: Keene in the VT game).

Akers is a stud, tho and will be a handful. Have to take him down on initial contact.

I'd also key in on his ball control. Hes lost three fumbles this year.

Getting people to the ball and gang tackling is the key. Akers is good but getting 2-3 people to the ball is the key. Get as many hits on him early as possible even on play fakes. Light him up. Break down his body so he's easier to tackle late in the game. Sound fundamentals. Maintain gap control and make him bounce it outside then rally to the ball and gang tackle him. He's at his best when he can go up the middle to the second level untouched. If we allow that we're dead.

We carved up UNC's and VT's defenses, shouldn't be surprised to see us carve up FSU. Just finish the ******* drives, offense.
I don't think those 2 games are indicative of how this offense performs on a regular basis.

FSU's Defense is awful against the Pass, which means you can guarantee Enos is gonna try to run the ball the majority of the game. He doesn't really believe in a pass heavy attack.

This offense doesn't carve teams up enough for anybody to be confident they're going to do it in rivalry game on the road.

Advertisement
I don't think those 2 games are indicative of how this offense performs on a regular basis.

FSU's Defense is awful against the Pass, which means you can guarantee Enos is gonna try to run the ball the majority of the game. He doesn't really believe in a pass heavy attack.

This offense doesn't carve teams up enough for anybody to be confident they're going to do it in rivalry game on the road.

disagree, he’s abandoned the run in plenty of games when it needed to be. With that being said we need to be aggressive and really attack their defense this weekend. The offense did move the ball well majority of the time in those first 5 games in the season but experienced a dramatic drop off the last 3 games. Hopefully with Jarren back as the starter it lights a spark again.

What do you mean, bro? All we do is fricken pass. It’s mostly play action, of course, but most people have complained about us not leaning on the run game more.

I don’t think us not passing is going to be a problem; instead, it’s going to be the pass plays/protections/formations Enos calls that will determine how we perform.

With that said, he’ll probably call a **** game, as per usual.

disagree, he’s abandoned the run in plenty of games when it needed to be. With that being said we need to be aggressive and really attack their defense this weekend. The offense did move the ball well majority of the time in those first 5 games in the season but experienced a dramatic drop off the last 3 games. Hopefully with Jarren back as the starter it lights a spark again.
You beat me to it, bro. We had the same thoughts.

Advertisement
What do you mean, bro? All we do is fricken pass. It’s mostly play action, of course, but most people have complained about us not leaning on the run game more.

I don’t think us not passing is going to be a problem; instead, it’s going to be the pass plays/protections/formations Enos calls that will determine how we perform.

I’m mostly concerned about enos in his redzone playcalling. He made a joke in the va tech game about a spaceship abducting Perry on a few plays vs va tech, well they do that every time with enos in the redzone when he’s calling plays lol. We are going to have to score tds this game, not rely on field goals

Advertisement
This is gonna be Enos final nail in the coffin. When we lose to this defense and can’t move the ball everybody will run out of excuses. Hopefully the next O coped we hire is not as stubborn as this dude

What games are yall watching?

Vs UF - 214yds passing
Vs UNC - 309yds passing
Vs CMU - 250yds passing
Vs Va Tech - 469yds passing
Vs UVA - 182yds passing
Vs GTech - 200yds passing
Vs Pitt - 154yds passing

Idk how much College Football yall watch but, one 400+ yard & one 300+ yard performance is NOT a good Passing offense by any standard.

Maybe yall are so used to us not passing at a high level that you think a game or two above average is good, but compared to dozens of other teams in both the P5 & G5, our Passing Offense is pedestrian.

Really???

Which games you talking about? Other than UNC & Va Tech, this offense has been ****** all season long.

Advertisement
Back