The most frustrating part

I’m sorry but there’s no way Lance Guidry or any other defensive coach is teaching James Williams to run in a straight line past the quarterback on a blitz. I’m not trying to trash any kid that is out there because there is no way I could do what they do but that was not the sign of someone who is locked in and prepared.
It’s football **** happens but our DC stayed in man and Louisville ran rub and mesh concepts. That’s why our players were a step behind.

Advertisement
This is one of the reasons I’m giving Mario another offseason and year 3 before I judge him. Who else is he going to play at this point? The depth really isn’t there yet where injuries can be overcome.

Im really hoping Mario goes heavy in the portal for the entire defensive backfield. Depth needs to be built up there.
You realize the roster is Mario's job right? Mario was supposed to be this ace recruiter.

You guys are hilarious.

Just think frustration is mounting to the point of wanting some answers from Coarch. And guess what? They're not forthcoming. Not any time in the near future, anyway. I have and will continue to label him as 'well insulated'. He has the contract and give zero effs about defending or taking accountability for his absolute masterclass in coarching the past two seasons. TEFLON DON.
And might I suggest an interpreter at the press conferences to help meathead 'understand' the questions that relate directly to his substandard performance.

Advertisement
As others have posted, we are moving toward my favorite part of the year. September through November haven’t been all that fun for a long time but the offseason is always full of hype and hope.

Assuming both James and Kam declare for the draft im very interested to see what Lance snd Mario do in the portal with the safety position. Do they trust Jaden Harris enough to take one spot and only take 1 safety from the portal?

I get the sense that they are counting on a guy like Patterson to play from day 1. Which I know is a bit of a gamble, but that is todays game...

But I'd settle for Hurlie Brown/Charles Pharms level safety play. Just be sound and reliable. I see way too much gambling and free-lancing from this years unit

some of this is absolutely a case of needing to upgrade the talent (which is Mario's forte), I trust him in this department

It's the other stuff that concerns me...
im not concerned about development because I have seen enough from fletcher, bain, Francis, kiko, damari, porter jr, even Wes and Jaden Harris that kids who are smart and put in the work, they seem to be fine. Damari shut down Keon Coleman last week.

im not concerned about development because I have seen enough from fletcher, bain, Francis, kiko, damari, porter jr, even Wes and Jaden Harris that kids who are smart and put in the work, they seem to be fine. Damari shut down Keon Coleman last week.

that's the unfortunate part of this season, this program is better in a lot of ways, many rooms have been improved. Miami/Cristobal left wins on the table

I really hope/pray/beg that Mario will evolve as a football coach

I get the sense that they are counting on a guy like Patterson to play from day 1. Which I know is a bit of a gamble, but that is todays game...

But I'd settle for Hurlie Brown/Charles Pharms level safety play. Just be sound and reliable. I see way too much gambling and free-lancing from this years unit
Feels like a mistake to count on a guy like Patterson to start day 1 but Guidry has earned trust this season so we roll with it if that’s his choice.

It will be really interesting to see what year 2 looks like with Lance after a full portal/recruiting/off season. This is something that I’m pretty excited about for next season.

Advertisement
that's the unfortunate part of this season, this program is better in a lot of ways, many rooms have been improved. Miami/Cristobal left wins on the table

I really hope/pray/beg that Mario will evolve as a football coach
its not just Mario.. TVD had an epic collapse.

also, the dumb plays upperclassmen make. Like Chaney, we are up 7 and he has a clear first down and steps out of bounds. Meanwhile fletcher is constantly tip toeing his way around the sideline. its awareness.

Feels like a mistake to count on a guy like Patterson to start day 1 but Guidry has earned trust this season so we roll with it if that’s his choice.

It will be really interesting to see what year 2 looks like with Lance after a full portal/recruiting/off season. This is something that I’m pretty excited about for next season.

I know yesterday his unit got gashed all over, but the job Guidry did given the talent upfront, and the the injuries, was admirable. I hope Guidry sticks around awhile. But Miami has to add more war daddies upfront, regardless

Advertisement
its not just Mario.. TVD had an epic collapse.

also, the dumb plays upperclassmen make. Like Chaney, we are up 7 and he has a clear first down and steps out of bounds. Meanwhile fletcher is constantly tip toeing his way around the sideline. its awareness.
My god why did you remind me of this. He had a first down if he just put his shoulder into it man. But instead he stepped out and we failed to convert the 3rd and 2.... UGH

I know yesterday his unit got gashed all over, but the job Guidry did given the talent upfront, and the the injuries, was admirable. I hope Guidry sticks around awhile. But Miami has to add more war daddies upfront, regardless
After QB, the DL has to be priority #2 for this offseason.

Advertisement
Initially I was tempted to say the norm, but that wouldn't be true. It'd be worse, far worse. I can't think of a longer seven game stretch where we either lost or almost lost every single game. This coach is bad, really, really bad.
In the OT games, Andy had to hit FG's in the last 2 minutes to tie. In both, we were actually were losing in OT.

Could this be our worst 7 game stretch in recent memory? 🤦‍♂️

Advertisement
Back