The most frustrating part

I'm amazed at people questioning why we run up the middle when Matt Lee and Cohen were our prized offensive additions. What the **** else did you expect?

Just to make it more fun, we somehow don’t pound the rock that last series on the 3 yard line when we should’ve.

Advertisement
Tl;Dr the offense played well, the defense sucked today. If you're gunna ***** about Mario at least ***** about the correct things from this game. Which would almost entirely be nothing to do with the offense.
You know your coaching tenure has been a failure when two years in your going " Well he aint cost us this one"

His coaching tenure here so far is looking very Randy Shannon like who yall hate...

**** near flipped the roster and yet they play flagg and couch.all the boneheaded plays are flagg, couch, jw, kam, brashard, geroge, etc. no disciple and you just cant change kids. I dont get why they play flagg and couch at all at this point.
I’ve been bashing Couch for years. Most people were slobbing on his **** because he picked off Temple twice. Cool make those plays against a FSU and Louisville type team. The Manny boys have been a huge issue and will continue to be. I’d just cut them all loose to be honest. You can’t change stupid.

Advertisement
Just to make it more fun, we somehow don’t pound the rock that last series on the 3 yard line when we should’ve.

sat at the stadium and stated you got 2-3 downs to get 4 yards....we proceeded to run a roll out play that has never worked with a qb that doesnt throw good ont he run....

a slant to a wr that wasnt looking for it and a fade or whatever u want to call it to Jacolby Geogre. This staff is dumb at times lol

Almost the whole year we have maybe thrown 1 fade to Colbie Young...maybe 1...and i dont think we ever target TES in the redzone.
Team just finds different ways to lose from week to week....this is the first one the d reallly got played with though..that being said the offense had times during the game to put pressure on thei r o and every time went 3 an out or settled for fg

lol try the never ending 6/7 win teams with the occasional 9 wins. I wish we averaged 8 wins, I would be doing back flips if we were 8-4 on average. We have only hit 8 wins once and that was the covid year. 8 for whatever the reason is a hard number for this program to hit
I think once Mario has 4 full recruiting classes he will at least win 8 games a season based off just talent alone.

2 years ago Mario had zero to work with this year he had the most important position on our team QB due to whatever physical / emotional / mental issues was incapable in doing anything thing at QB.

So basically we were in the same position we were (2) years ago.

We’ll never convince the Lane Kiffin group of this until we buy him out and get him for $120,000,000.00 and fire him in (2) years .

This will put the nail in our coffin and finish off this team of ever achieving anything anymore.

Tough to watch us eat our own then say very soon.

“ What have we done “ then it will be to late !

GOCANES

Look Ms. Cristobal cut the sh**t.

Your good for atleast 2 more years no need to get antsy

Advertisement
I’ve been bashing Couch for years. Most people were slobbing on his **** because he picked off Temple twice. Cool make those plays against a FSU and Louisville type team. The Manny boys have been a huge issue and will continue to be. I’d just cut them all loose to be honest. You can’t change stupid.
this. It's always the upperclassmen. Damari shut down Keon Coleman last week. Couch he running head first into his own teammate.
We get told how great brasahrd is but he gets two bone headed penalties two weeks in a row
Flagg is a charity case at this point.
I cant go on anymore with these kids.

this. It's always the upperclassmen. Damari shut down Keon Coleman last week. Couch he running head first into his own teammate.
We get told how great brasahrd is but he gets two bone headed penalties two weeks in a row
Flagg is a charity case at this point.
I cant go on anymore with these kids.
This is one of the reasons I’m giving Mario another offseason and year 3 before I judge him. Who else is he going to play at this point? The depth really isn’t there yet where injuries can be overcome.

Im really hoping Mario goes heavy in the portal for the entire defensive backfield. Depth needs to be built up there.

This is one of the reasons I’m giving Mario another offseason and year 3 before I judge him. Who else is he going to play at this point? The depth really isn’t there yet where injuries can be overcome.

Im really hoping Mario goes heavy in the portal for the entire defensive backfield. Depth needs to be built up there.
we need safeties with brains. I think we will be ok at CB if porter comes back because damari and Richard can play.
Need the freshmen lb's out there.
Our DL needs depth. we had health issues.

Is this team is actually pretty **** good but coaching continues to lose us games. Two years in a row of no discipline, conservative , predictable play calling.

Now go watch Brohm put pressure on all three levels of the defense and keep Guidry / players off balance. Yet we run into the teeth of the defense selling out on every third / fourth and short. Mario cares more about an attitude and making a point instead of scoring or getting a first down.

Fact is the evidence is starting to pile up that Mario is a stubborn , hard headed former OL that refuses to adapt or think out the box. We’re now reaching the insanity level of trying the same **** at nauseam and expecting different results.

The end of the half and the end of the game is Mario and his team in a nut shell. Third and a long two we run right into the D selling out because they know how predictable we are. They then drive down field and steal a td , taking the momentum in the half. I knew then we were f’d. To end the game we blow a timeout inside the five knowing we needed it desperately if we didn’t score. We proceed to pass three times when we should’ve tried runs. Just like we run when we should pass on third and two.

The last two nails in the coffin was as bad of personal fouls as you could get. Right in front of the ref in the final seconds. No discipline.

Mario **** near flipped the roster yet we still are an idiotic team. All of this looks horrible on him. He coaches to extend games rather than trying to win them.

Lastly could our army of clueless media ask him about his “ self scouting “? Because Hellen Keller knows what we’re doing on third and two.
I've never witness a team with talent n such a lack of caching with no offensive creativity in my entire life. What a big mistake n such a coaching hire. The red flags was there but we still ignored them. You take a 10 n 2 team might be 11 n 1 and make them look like completely sh@t . I'll probably never see the U back on top again. Just sad people's f@cking sad

Advertisement
Being out coached has nothing to do with Manny Diaz players.
I’m sorry but there’s no way Lance Guidry or any other defensive coach is teaching James Williams to run in a straight line past the quarterback on a blitz. I’m not trying to trash any kid that is out there because there is no way I could do what they do but that was not the sign of someone who is locked in and prepared.

Advertisement
we need safeties with brains. I think we will be ok at CB if porter comes back because damari and Richard can play.
Need the freshmen lb's out there.
Our DL needs depth. we had health issues.

our current safeties are boom or bust guy -- and that's absolutely the wrong position to have that

our current safeties are boom or bust guy -- and that's absolutely the wrong position to have that
As others have posted, we are moving toward my favorite part of the year. September through November haven’t been all that fun for a long time but the offseason is always full of hype and hope.

Assuming both James and Kam declare for the draft im very interested to see what Lance snd Mario do in the portal with the safety position. Do they trust Jaden Harris enough to take one spot and only take 1 safety from the portal?

You know your coaching tenure has been a failure when two years in your going " Well he aint cost us this one"

His coaching tenure here so far is looking very Randy Shannon like who yall hate...
shockingly similar so far.

Even down to the country club atmosphere that we had under Coker and Manny Diaz that was inherited that they oddly continue to perpetuate.

We can't escape this stuff.

Advertisement
Back