The most frustrating part

You know he's not calling the plays, right?

Cristobal wasn't brought here to run the offence or defence. He's here to recruit and install culture.

Now sure, you can blame him for hiring another OC that doesn't maximise his talent - but this is the same OC that half you were crowning at the start of the year.
He’s hiring the people that agree with his philosophy. The root of the problem are offensive coordinators mario looks for. He keeps hiring trash OCs because he’s looking for an OC that runs an outdated ineffective offense. Mario is the root of the problem. He doesn’t have to call the plays, his influence starts at the candidates he considers to run his vision for the offense.

Advertisement
Season 5 Nbc GIF by The Office
Nah fam.

Yall gotta stop acting like the coaches=Miami. *** these weakk ahh coaches when they doing dumb ****.

There's a difference between rooting against and seeing the forest for the trees when you're walking up on the woods, My guy.

Bro none of y’all know what you’re complaining about at this point. What the **** do you think is the point of an offensive coordinator if not to be the hit responsible for creating and good play calling. Lol. Again Mario is not running his scheme, and he’s not the one lacking creativity.

Us running a spread without creativity is not Mario’s fingerprints lol.
He hired the guy! Of course this is what he wants.

It’s unreal you guys don’t get it. He hired Gattis and Dawson. His offenses were mediocre at Oregon. This is who he is and what he wants.

You guys treat Mario like he’s a family meme bet, making every excuse in the book for him. He’s a clown

I'm not going to lie @Cribby I honestly believe this team is actually a 9win team based on its schedule and current scores, there just a few missing pieces.
The main one, and I don't think it has to do with Mario, and my focus is more directed at Dawson and TVD. Dawson is a mediocre play caller and TVD is a mediocre QB, he should be able to get us to an above average W/L record especially with the talent around him.

Furthermore, this offense is very stylistically is a mash of two styles. When its run, the formation clearly displays this, and same with pass.
I'm absolutely dumbfounded as to why we don't have any play action calls under center with a roll out within the RZ, that's not Mario's fault, that's gotta be Dawson, and the reasons I say this is, I recall a RZ PA play vs TAMU, with George running the orbit motion with PA and we got the TD and it was discussed that that was actually Mirabal's play design.
The RZ where it was the end of the game was literally BEGGING us to run PA, everyone and they're grandmother knew we were going to run on 1st down. Go under center have two TE one side with 1 on the other with 3 TEs (McCoy, McCormick and Williams) runs the zone ugly, with McCormick spilling out to the flat with the Split End doing a bit of a clear-out route on that side. If the numbers of Louisville dictate they're light in the box (which they absolutely would not) have TVD just run the ball to Fletcher.
This isn't rocket science, teams are monsters in the box vs on the run especially on 1st down in our end zone, mid field and in the RZ, under center play action is literally begging to be ran, but never have I seen it this year, out of gun yes, but they aren't nearly effective on the defense eyes.

Personally, i like Dawson as a guy and I think he's be an excellent passing game coordinator but his feel for the run game and packaging run concepts with PA and passing concepts is terrible. I don't see how Mario meddles with that, but you have to have some sort of in between in the run game and passing game and can't be so obvious. That's on Dawson not Mario (even though he hired him).
It’s a lot of things that continues to add up.

In game coaching , scheme , TVD continuing to struggle , no discipline , mistakes etc. The same issues as last year. We’re one game better after flipping the roster and changing the staff. That’s the facts and the only way you can look at this. Irs reality.

Advertisement
I think we have to suffer through one more year before the toxicity gets so bad that a change needs to happen. I don’t see a W at BC and we will lose our bowl game. That’s 6-7. Next year, our obstinate cognitively challenged coach will repeat the same mistakes. There’s no way he survives here but watching this wreck unfold in slow motion will be agonizing
The only way the lose to BC is if TVD got too beat up again today.

That’s the play you run play action.
Or..
What happened to that play where Colby came across the formation and was open in the flat for a TD (T A&M)?
Actually the same their TE ran for the TD.
Was thinking the same thing. Also the George touchdown from that same game where he came in motion and then retraced his steps…why haven’t we used that at all since week 2??

Where’s all the stupid motherfukers from the other threads saying “what did marrrrrrio do wrong today?” Now that the Crib said it, y’all stay quiet.

Crib’s 100 here. This is a pretty good team but coached into the friggen ground with stupidity and Neanderthal thinking.

Advertisement
It’s a lot of things that continues to add up.

In game coaching , scheme , TVD continuing to struggle , no discipline , mistakes etc. The same issues as last year. We’re one game better after flipping the roster and changing the staff. That’s the facts and the only way you can look at this. Irs reality.
All true, but until we fix QB situation we will never get to where we want. Last 20 yrs we had one qb drafted (Kaaya rd 6). That is incredible, and explains what has happened. Mario must go into deep $$$$$$ and find best portal QB and one or two big wideouts. Also, this was first game where it looked like Guidry was outcoached.

“We proceed to pass three times when we should’ve tried run”

Not only should there have been at least one running play from the 5 to keep things balanced, but it would also bleed the clock, which we needed. Louisville would’ve marched down the field with plodding TEs wide open in the flats to steal the game even if George somehow came down with that fourth down pass.

All true, but until we fix QB situation we will never get to where we want. Last 20 yrs we had one qb drafted (Kaaya rd 6). That is incredible, and explains what has happened. Mario must go into deep $$$$$$ and find best portal QB and one or two big wideouts. Also, this was first game where it looked like Guidry was outcoached.
Looking at out Qb recruiting you better pray they find a portal qb and break the bank. As for Guidry he’s been carrying this **** show while not having both his starting edges, best cb the last two games and LT today. I’ll let him slide after all the slack he’s picked up.

Advertisement
Lol so hypothetically if we have 60 plays and 3 are bad, an i to believe Mario is the guy responsible for the 3, and if it hadn’t been for his meddling, we would have had 60 high quality plays. Funny
It the way it happened where it happened and how it happened. Up 7 4 mins to go in the half and they revert to the Wolfpack game giving LVille the ball back lol. That was Mario u can say it wasn’t I’ll never believe u Dawson was calling a gem all half before that

Because the problem today wasn't offense lol. He's saying I'm caping for Mario. But the difference is I'm not blaming Mario or Dawson today lol. That's what YALL can't comprehend. Y'all are sitting here blaming the offense and assigning that to Mario. I'm saying if you're blaming the offense TODAY, the culprit would be Dawson.

However I'm saying the offense wasn't the ******[BGCOLOR=initial]g problem today. It was clear and obviously the defense. So tell me what the **** Mario has to do with the defensive play calling or system. Lol. You wanna blame Mario for the defensive personnel go for it - I haven't responded to anyone saying our DLine was bad. I haven't responded to anyone saying our LBs aside from Mauigoa are trash (though somehow still improved from last yr). Notice I haven't said anything defending Mario regarding our team constantly playing like idiots drawing personal fouls off retarded ****. In fact Id say that is a far bigger problem WITH MARIO than all the offensive B's y'all try to exclusively pin on him. I haven't defended that. [/BGCOLOR]

[BGCOLOR=initial]I mean y'all are the ones that always hide behingd "just being objective bro"... Well tell me what part of the offensive performance today was what y'all have been *****ing about the last 5 weeks? Notice today the blame is us not being creative enough lol. Please tell me how TODAY wasn't primarily and by a large margin the failure of defense. Lol. You won't be able to. [/BGCOLOR]
Im just responding to you changing the topic from Mario and Dawson to Mario and Defense. I thought the offense was better today than it’s been in a good while not withstanding that Mario coRched away the end of the first half and a timeout that cost us.

He’s a horrible game manager.

Advertisement
Im just responding to you changing the topic from Mario and Dawson to Mario and Defense. I thought the offense was better today than it’s been in a good while not withstanding that Mario coRched away the end of the first half and a timeout that cost us.

He’s a horrible game manager.
They don’t want to stay on subject for a reason.

They don’t want to stay on subject for a reason.
We all had hope that money and a recruiter would qualify 10 win seasons. It’s been a failure and we have a long contract ahead of us and they don’t want to acknowledge that there’s not much we can do but suffer where the future is bleak so they’re fighting it.

Rad and Zo are the only chance of getting this fixed with Mario by demanding change but the sad part is I think Mario has a lot more pull as to what he wants to do and what goes on here than both of them put together because the money is coming from Mario’s Columbus buddies and Mario knows it…

Advertisement
Back