The most frustrating part

Advertisement
Lol you mean the timeout where our OC called a check with me then TVD looked to the sideline for a new play with 10 seconds on the play clock. Yeah that was Mario’s fault and not Dawson. Lmfao. Yeah a TO was burned. You say it Mario’s fault, I say that was absolutely 1000% on Dawson. Let me guess the fault is on Mario because he hired Dawson and Dawson did that.

Also I’m not changing the topic, I’m literally saying the topic y’all are choosing to focus on is ******* dumb. The offense wasn’t the problem today. But people wanting to put any of the problems - almost exclusively centered around ‘creativity bro’- is not on Mario if that IS what you are focusing on. That would be on Dawson. Like what exactly do y’all think the job of an OC is?

Like you said the Offense wasn’t the problem today. But yet people here have to make it the problem cause they know they can’t blame the defensive scheme bad play calling on Mario. I do find it funny that we can lose a game so clearly because of defensive performance TODAY and y’all can still make it about Mario and the offense, and anyone not just bowing down to that opinion is the one being ridiculous.
giphy.gif

This is very well said. The object is to get a first down. Any way you can. Usually you can more effectively do that by fooling the defense. If you telegraph run, the defense expects run, and then you run....you are setting yourself up for failure. Watch any nfl game. On short yardage situations the team is trying to fool the defense with play action, misdirection, all sorts of stuff.
The point you highlighted is what I saw last year, too - which frustrates me even more in year 2... as if the approach is practice or training like without regard for the end result ....

Last edited:
Advertisement
Uhhh…yes. I’ll copy something I posted in another thread.

1. We’re up 21-14 with 3 minutes and change left in the 2Q. Despite the offense performing well and beating their 1v1 coverages, he goes full conservative mode. 3 and out, punt. Louisville drives down and scores a TD before half.

2. We’re down 31-28 with 6 min left. 3rd and 11 from the 35 or so. We run, it’s stuffed, conservative bro mode to play for the Field goal. A 50+ yard field goal lol. Kick is good, Louisville scores a TD within 2 min on a busted defensive play.

3. We’re driving down with 2 min left at the 3. 1st and goal. We run, stuffed. We throw twice, incomplete both times. We burn a timeout, come out in the same exact formation as we showed, incomplete. Turnover on downs. We get the ball back, but because we blew that one timeout, we only had 20 seconds to operate instead of having a minute.

Please tell me how none of this is his fault. I’m actually thoroughly enjoying your hard-headed, incessant excuses for his 5-10 record in the ACC and 11-12 overall. It’s fascinating.
… maybe just Maybe instead you should be blaming Dawson instead. It’s literally at the point where any play that doesn’t work all you idiots just blame Mario. If a play works I don’t see y’all crediting Mario. all the blame, no credit. Idk how that isn’t evidence in and of itself. Unlike you I’m not sitting here saying anytime we ever run a condensed set or run the ball it’s on Mario. Do you seriously think an OC has never been conservative? Lol. Y’all just want to put 100% of everything on Mario. And even in a game where it is abundantly clear that our offense did enough to beat the team ranked 10 in the country y’all can’t possibly say Mario didn’t **** up the offense this week. It’s so obvious y’all just hate Mario and will put any negative on him.

Why can’t you just say Today u like the last 5 weeks most of which the QB was the main problem, the defense failed. Because it doesn’t fit your narrative, that’s why.

If you want to blame Mario for the overall result and certain aspects go ahead. Again I haven’t been defending everything. I’ve specifically been defending the brain dead criticism of the offense based on todays game. Notice I’m not the one shifting to ‘oh man but now look how we lack creativity’ … knowing **** well we did NOT play the ‘fizycal bro-style’ y’all have been trashing the last 5 weeks.

Advertisement
Hope he loads us up with enough talent he can’t ***** it up. Maybe he lucks into a Guidry like hire at OC

Does he really intervene with the playcalling? I thought he would have the decency to stay out of it, given his inability to use common sense.

I'm going to give them a bit of credit as the offense opened up for this game. That's it though as we turtled at the times we should've opened it up more.

When you've got someone on the ropes, you don't back up and wait for them to come back at you. You go in for the kill. ***** frustrating as ****.

Advertisement
I don't care who the QB is or if he's hurt, Dawson is a bad OC period. It's not like he hasn't been around the players all season. You know TVD is hurt and you still trot out the same **** week after week. There is zero creativity...ZERO. We have massive TE's on the roster and all we do is play a guy that's 26 and use him as an extra tackle.

Advertisement
this is what someone does who knows their wrong, but can’t actually argue the point. You literally just said you thought the offense was good today. Tell me do you think the defense was the main problem today or not. That’s all I need to see you answer. Yes or no.

lol at you specifically demanding an answer of brevity. All you do is pontificate endlessly and illogically on hill after hill here.

Yes, the defense today was worse than the offense today.

Yes, like @Cribby said Guidry had a lot of guys out and he’s been really good all year so I’ll cut him slack

Yes, the offense today was the best it’s been in a while as @JHallCanes said as it wasn’t three bunch set dives in a row repeatedly.

Yes, Mario screwed up the end of half and that critical timeout and all the other examples @WeBallinBoyz hit you over the head with in here.

Yes, like @gogeta4 said, you’re one loyal golden retriever *** dude capping for Mario still. 🤣

Last edited:
All true, but until we fix QB situation we will never get to where we want. Last 20 yrs we had one qb drafted (Kaaya rd 6). That is incredible, and explains what has happened. Mario must go into deep $$$$$$ and find best portal QB and one or two big wideouts. Also, this was first game where it looked like Guidry was outcoached.
You guys don’t get it at all. Your head is in the sand.

Mario had Justin Herbert and went 21-7 in a watered down Pac12. When Mario took over, TVD was coming off a 25 TD 6 INT season and was a legit NFL prospect. On the other part, what elite WR would ever play in this offense?

Meanwhile, the guy that took over for Mario at Oregon has Bo Nix going so much, he will be picked in the first 2 rounds. He was considered a broken QB when he went to Oregon.

Advertisement
Back