The Most Damning Indictment Of Al's Coaching Ability Yet

Advertisement
Maybe these recruiting services are overrated.

Funny how this works.

NOW the services are overrated. But in December 90% of our fanbase touted our "Top 10 class," and often cites our highly-ranked 2016 class as a major factor in retaining Golden.

So clearly the majority of this fanbase puts a lot of stock into recruiting rankings. But I guess all of a sudden, they are irrelevant?

There's plenty of talent on this team to be undefeated. You can't blame the freshman QB, he's playing well.

Maybe these recruiting services are overrated.

Maybe, but then it would be pretty hard to explain Bama, FSU, and Ohio State's success over the past five years without putting it largely on coaching. Then, ****, you're back to coaching.

It's easy to read these stats at face value, but (I know I'm repeating what everyone else knows) it's been the defense causing 95% of our problems! I said after last season that if Al doesn't fire Dorito I'm done with him. He didn't so I am. It still doesn't change things. It would be incredibly easy to fix this and that dumbass refuses to do it.

Firing D'Onofrio will do nothing to assuage the defensive issues as D'Onofrio is running Al's defense.

Not trying to support as I know the coaches suck but for a true comparison you would need to show which kids got in, which transferred, kicked off and left school early. I mean bronze's class was bumped up a lot cuz we signed griffin although he never came. U take him out and the ranking drops considerably. Also, it needs to done based on avg star ranking. If u sign 25 to someone else's 15 u will be ranked higher even if their kids are better. This might even out amongst all teams, so it might be mute but there is a lot of noise in these numbers. Sorry I am statistical person.

Advertisement
One final note: The average margin of defeat has increased every season that Al Golden has been here. Miami has lost by an average of

5 PTS in 2011
18 PTS in 2012
22 PTS in 2013

Plenty of time left this season to see if he can continue the UPWARD TREND.

Thank you for accompanying me on this journey of horrors. God save the Queen.

So, if the margin of defeat is lower this year, is that a sign of program improvement (cuz, that's the trend we're on).

One final note: The average margin of defeat has increased every season that Al Golden has been here. Miami has lost by an average of

5 PTS in 2011
18 PTS in 2012
22 PTS in 2013

So, if the margin of defeat is lower this year, is that a sign of program improvement (cuz, that's the trend we're on).

It would be something that faqqots like you and Folden's other nut leeches to hang their dunce hats on.

Not trying to support as I know the coaches suck but for a true comparison you would need to show which kids got in, which transferred, kicked off and left school early. I mean bronze's class was bumped up a lot cuz we signed griffin although he never came. U take him out and the ranking drops considerably. Also, it needs to done based on avg star ranking. If u sign 25 to someone else's 15 u will be ranked higher even if their kids are better. This might even out amongst all teams, so it might be mute but there is a lot of noise in these numbers. Sorry I am statistical person.

Yes, but he ran a 5 year average. Over 5 years I think all that stuff probably evens out for the most part. At least to where you can kind of ball park where your team should be performing like I mentioned in my earlier post. Our results on the field are so far away from our recruiting ranking that it can't be explained away with the Griffin's not making it in and the Eddy Johnson's getting kicked off the team.

Also, even if the recruiting services got it wrong per se, you would have to extrapolate that they got it wrong across the board, and not just to Miami's recruits. Thus even if our ranking is inflated, so would everyone else's give or take some going up and down. In the end, we would still be back to the original point.

Advertisement

Yes, but he ran a 5 year average. Over 5 years I think all that stuff probably evens out for the most part. At least to where you can kind of ball park where your team should be performing like I mentioned in my earlier post. Our results on the field are so far away from our recruiting ranking that it can't be explained away with the Griffin's not making it in and the Eddy Johnson's getting kicked off the team.

Don't get me wrong I get the premise and I agree. think the coaching stinks but when I see stuff like this it is my nature to question the method. It's not just griffin, there are a number of others as well. Plus transfers, suspensions arrests etc. also players leaving early. Let's say duke, Tracy and one other player leave. Now u are calculating next years team based on griffin, Johnson, duke Tracy etc and they aren't playing. Regardless of whose fault that is it impacts the numbers a lot. My thing is the coaches stink and we all know it. Well almost all of us So there is no need to find these nuggets to try and prove it. If you are then it needs to be complete IMHO

The NCAA Cloud was Al's excuse. He's a good CEO man, but the coaches he has around him are just bad. If you look at any good team, they have good to great Coordinator's and Position Coaches. We don't. It's as simple as that. It has never been recruiting. This staff cant develop, teach or coach techniques and strategies at this level of football.

OP, forgetting the class ranking for a hot second, you mentioned something that is trending up for sure and that's the way we are getting pounced on the grid iron. Golden was brought in to "remedy" what Shannon supposedly had done to this program. We have regressed EVERY single year under Golden from yards/game given up, to avg points per game we have lost by. Good stuff.

Advertisement
6 losses, 5 losses, 4 losses, 3 losses.

It's a process guys.

We're at 3 losses now and we haven't played VT, UNC, or FSU yet! ****, Pitt might run us off the field. Not buying the process and I hope you were being sarcastic.

We had some heartbreakers in 2011. At least now we lose by a lot so beer intake goes up and stress level goes down since by halftime we know the outcome!

Why dont reporters bring this up when they talk to blake james and the BoT. They always say Golden was "handed a bad deal" and he needs time to recruit. But the reporter should bring this up.

Advertisement

5 PTS in 2011
18 PTS in 2012
22 PTS in 2013

It would be something that faqqots like you and Folden's other nut leeches to hang their dunce hats on.

People need to decide whether they're going to use stat-based arguments, or just spew bile. Live with stats, or not. At least What made an attempt at being productive. Don't you have a Halloween costume to work on or something?

Last edited:
If these recruiting services are overrated, why is everyone saying we are hurting recruiting with the banner etc. What are they going off to say we are getting good players under Golden?

Not that I think it would improve his results at all, but this doesn't take into account the large number of suspensions in the first few years as a result of the Shapiro bull****, as well as Randy's holdovers that left the team or were complete JAGs while here.

Regardless I don't think Golden has any excuses left concerning the cloud or similar bull****.

Advertisement
Back