The Most Damning Indictment Of Al's Coaching Ability Yet

WhatTheHell

"WE CANT DEMAND PERFECTION.”
Banned
Turn back now if you want to remain living with your head in the sand. This is a deep, dark, journey into just how bad the current head football coach of Miami really is. The following is cold hard evidence of just how terrible his performance has been. You will see some things that will change you forever. If you want to remain renting real estate on the coast of Al Golden's *******, x out of this page; shlt's bout to get real.

Welcome to those of you brave souls who continued reading. So, the following exchange really got me thinking:

They have no answer when you show them our class rankings vs those of the teams beating us.

And that's where the disconnect lies. These people focus on "the cloud" hurting recruiting, but they think about it in a vaccum. It's a black and white thing. It either hurt recruiting or it didn't. The end. But back in the real world, regardless of the cloud, we brought in recruiting classes that were highly ranked. How have they performed under this coaching staff? Their simple minds can't move past "cloud hurt recruiting" to actually think about if the team is underperforming relative to the actual talent.

After I read this, it made me want to really know the numbers. So I went and looked them up.

People seem to think “Welp, we were being investigated, so we can’t win. Every loss or bad game is justified because we were being investigated”

That's as far as they go. They don't dig deeper. They refuse to examine the information and realize that even if a few recruits each cycle didn't want to come here, we still out-recruited the majority of the teams we have lost to. If you wanted to argue the investigation cost us X amount of recruits, fine, let's assume that's true for a moment. The issue is, even if this was the case, that is irrelevant to the fact the recruits we DID have, the rosters we have brought in, were more highly-rated than 78% of the teams Al has lost to.

That is inexcusable. It is strictly on the coaching staff and has nothing to do with an "investigation." Many people seem to be overlooking this very important fact.

Here are all the games we've lost under Al Golden, along with each team’s 5-year class average going into that year.

(Listed from 2011-2014)
(Click to enlarge)

9aMZi3f.jpg

Woc66ZL.jpg

oEDKZTU.jpg

Nw4Fsl4.jpg

One final note: The average margin of defeat has increased every season that Al Golden has been here. Miami has lost by an average of

5 PTS in 2011
18 PTS in 2012
22 PTS in 2013

Plenty of time left this season to see if he can continue the UPWARD TREND.

Thank you for accompanying me on this journey of horrors. God save the Queen.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Turn back now if you want to remain living with your head in the sand. This is a deep, dark, journey into just how bad the current head football coach of Miami really is. The following is cold hard evidence of just how terrible his performance has been. You will see some things that will change you forever. If you want to remain renting real estate on the coast of Al Golden's *******, x out of this page; shlt's bout to get real.

Welcome to those of you brave souls who continued reading. So, the following exchange really got me thinking:

They have no answer when you show them our class rankings vs those of the teams beating us.

And that's where the disconnect lies. These people focus on "the cloud" hurting recruiting, but they think about it in a vaccum. It's a black and white thing. It either hurt recruiting or it didn't. The end. But back in the real world, regardless of the cloud, we brought in recruiting classes that were highly ranked. How have they performed under this coaching staff? Their simple minds can't move past "cloud hurt recruiting" to actually think about if the team is underperforming relative to the actual talent.

People seem to think “Welp, we were being investigated, so we can’t win. Every loss or bad game is justified because we were being investigated”

That's as far as they go. They don't dig deeper. They refuse to examine the information and realize that even if a few recruits each cycle didn't want to come here, we still out-recruited the majority of the teams we have lost to. If you wanted to argue the investigation cost us X amount of recruits, fine, let's assume that's true for a moment. The issue is, even if this was the case, that is irrelevant to the fact the recruits we DID have, the rosters we have brought in, were more highly-rated than 73% of the teams Al has lost to.

That is inexcusable. It is strictly on the coaching staff and has nothing to do with an "investigation." Many people seem to be overlooking this very important fact.

Here are all the games we've lost under Al Golden, along with each team’s 5-year class average going into that year.

(Listed from 2011-2014)
(Click to enlarge)

View attachment 26515

View attachment 26516

View attachment 26517

View attachment 26518

One final note: The average margin of defeat has increased every season that Al Golden has been here. Miami was lost by an average of

5 PTS in 2011
18 PTS in 2012
22 PTS in 2013

cr6bz.jpg

Good to see what we all knew laid out. We should be beating these teams. I still think Golden will be retained after this year as long as we make a bowl game, though.

There's just not really anything that is refutable about what you say. We're an all around horrible team and we regularly get blown out by teams much less talented than us.

So we've only been outrecruited by ND and FSU, and ND has just barely beat us in that department. I think I read somewhere the other day, that since Golden took over, out of the ACC teams, only FSU has outrecruited us. I would have thought Clemson has as well, but even so, that is a major indictment of Golden's ineptitude.

Its been this way for 10+ years.

We have had some of the worst coaches in major conference D1 football for 13 years now. Golden is one of those guys.

Its pretty sick.

Advertisement
WTH you have way too much time on your hands. The facts are the facts. The sad thing is most likely he will be back next year unless things get much worse. Our only hope is Al Golden decides to be the CEO only and fire No D and let the offense run without his input. He can help recruit, fool the media and try and please the Boosters.

JUST WIN BABY... Stop spewing BS

Problem is that nobody of note at the university gives a ****. We, as fans, are screwed. There is no doubt in my mind that this dope will be roaming the sidelines at a near empty Sun Life again next year. Think we're bad this year, wait until next year when we are playing without Duke.

Advertisement
Are you one of those who has his head up these recruiting gurus ***? I agree the talent is not being developed but these guys miss as much as they hit. I watched the video on this site of the 2005 team and i don't see an Olsen at TE or Jennings at corner. That team had Mcintosh at LB and NFL players at many positions,this team other than Duke, the WR's and now QB is not close to the 05 talent.

Advertisement

After I read this, it made me want to really know the numbers. So I went and looked them up.

That's as far as they go. They don't dig deeper. They refuse to examine the information and realize that even if a few recruits each cycle didn't want to come here, we still out-recruited the majority of the teams we have lost to. If you wanted to argue the investigation cost us X amount of recruits, fine, let's assume that's true for a moment. The issue is, even if this was the case, that is irrelevant to the fact the recruits we DID have, the rosters we have brought in, were more highly-rated than 78% of the teams Al has lost to.

(Listed from 2011-2014)
(Click to enlarge)

View attachment 26515

View attachment 26516

View attachment 26517

View attachment 26518

One final note: The average margin of defeat has increased every season that Al Golden has been here. Miami has lost by an average of

5 PTS in 2011
18 PTS in 2012
22 PTS in 2013

You're just a star *****.

/sarcasm

Are you one of those who has his head up these recruiting gurus ***? I agree the talent is not being developed but these guys miss as much as they hit. I watched the video on this site of the 2005 team and i don't see an Olsen at TE or Jennings at corner. That team had Mcintosh at LB and NFL players at many positions,this team other than Duke, the WR's and now QB is not close to the 05 talent.

that's the lazy argument. let's assume everyone came in a stud and left a stud. that's not how it works. even some of the best recruits need to be developed. That Olsen or Mcintosh that you know today may never exist under this coaching staff. Very few guys come in from high school polished and fundamentally sound. Not to mention it's part of a coach's job to motivate his team and get them to give it their all which you don't get the feel from this coaching staff. far more nfl pros were developed than born. you can have all the talent in the world but if a lazy or incompetent coach is handling that potential, it can easily be squandered.

Maybe these recruiting services are overrated.

Funny how this works.

NOW the services are overrated. But in December 90% of our fanbase touted our "Top 10 class," and often cites our highly-ranked 2016 class as a major factor in retaining Golden.

So clearly the majority of this fanbase puts a lot of stock into recruiting rankings. But I guess all of a sudden, they are irrelevant?

Last edited:
Advertisement
It's easy to read these stats at face value, but (I know I'm repeating what everyone else knows) it's been the defense causing 95% of our problems! I said after last season that if Al doesn't fire Dorito I'm done with him. He didn't so I am. It still doesn't change things. It would be incredibly easy to fix this and that dumbass refuses to do it.

OP thanks for posting.

ND 41-13
KState 51-13
FSU 41-16
VT 42-24
Lville 36-9
Lville 31-13

This is why every pro-Golden argument has nothing to do with what the team has done on the field.

Maybe these recruiting services are overrated.

These recruiting services have improved a lot over the years. These days there's a pretty good correlation between your recruiting ranking and how your team should perform. That said, the ranking isn't the end all be all because it doesn't take into account things like recruiting for need. For example, under Coker/Shannon we had some highly ranked classes but we kept whiffing on wr when we needed them in the worst way. The classes probably should have been ranked a little lower because we didn't fill our need.

Anyway, I think the rankings at the very least get you into the ballpark of where you should perform. Miami recruits around a 15 ranking. If we performed like a 20-25 team, I could probably live with that. Maybe you had more busts than normal or didn't fill a need, whatever. If you're recruiting at 15 though and performing at 40-50, you've got a big problem. And that's what's happening right now.

By the way....awesome stuff WTH. I love stats like these. Thanks for taking the time to put this together.

I don't know how this is even debatable. We are not performing up to our talent level relative to our opponents.

That's a coaching problem.

Advertisement
Back