The More You Know...About Wake Forest

While I'm not worried about the outcome of the game, I'm preparing myself for a little frustration Saturday when Price has success, and they move the ball between the 20s. I think, again, as they have done almost the entire season, our red zone defense will be stout, but I think Price will annoy us. He'll likely go 25-38 for 285 yards and they'll move it, but we'll hold them to 2-3 FGs and win 34-16 or 34-13 something like that. The key is turnovers, because he usually doesn't commit any, and whether we can protect the ball. Those expecting 56-0 are going to be in for a surprise. Those expecting us to gain 600 yards of offense and hold them to 100 are likely going to be in for a surprise.

Advertisement
While I'm not worried about the outcome of the game, I'm preparing myself for a little frustration Saturday when Price has success, and they move the ball between the 20s. I think, again, as they have done almost the entire season, our red zone defense will be stout, but I think Price will annoy us. He'll likely go 25-38 for 285 yards and they'll move it, but we'll hold them to 2-3 FGs and win 34-16 or 34-13 something like that. The key is turnovers, because he usually doesn't commit any, and whether we can protect the ball. Those expecting 56-0 are going to be in for a surprise. Those expecting us to gain 600 yards of offense and hold them to 100 are likely going to be in for a surprise.

They are going to throw the ball because they cannot run. In fact here are their stats again.

Scoring O: 22.0 PPG (102nd)
Total O: 324.1 YPG (112th)
Passing O: 221.0 YPG (72nd)
Rushing O: 103.1 YPG (113th)

I think the key to success against WF is to STOP giving the other team more possessions than they would normally have (i.e. stop throwing INTs). Perhaps if we punt on 2 of those 4 drives (we throw 2 picks instead of 4) the game isn't so close and our D is relied on so much.

This week I am hoping we limit turnovers, stay healthy and end this game quickly. It would be a dream to not have a close game till the end and stay healthy before FSU.

Let us not forget two other things:

1. We are at home, unlike UNC (remember our game was their super bowl), and

2. We have a long week to rest and get healthy, they don't.

So Mr. Morris, correct those mechanics and don't turn it over.

Yes, I am well aware they cannot run. UNC could not run either, and we stopped their running game, but couldn't stop their passing game. Price is a good QB that doesn't make mistakes. They have one of the better WR in the ACC. I think they'll move the ball on us, because teams move the ball on us. I don't think they'll score more than 16-17, because teams don't score more than 16-17 on us. I don't think they're getting 500 yards like UNC, but they might get 350-375, most in the air.

Yes, I am well aware they cannot run. UNC could not run either, and we stopped their running game, but couldn't stop their passing game. Price is a good QB that doesn't make mistakes. They have one of the better WR in the ACC. I think they'll move the ball on us, because teams move the ball on us. I don't think they'll score more than 16-17, because teams don't score more than 16-17 on us. I don't think they're getting 500 yards like UNC, but they might get 350-375, most in the air.

Comparing the offenses of both teams

Renner > Price

Stud Player: Ebron > Campanaro

WF has an NFL prospect in Campanaro. He is good but nowhere the mismatch that Ebron was. I really think it is as simple as Morris just not turning the ball over but I could be wrong.

Comparing the offenses of both teams

Renner > Price

Stud Player: Ebron > Campanaro

WF has an NFL prospect in Campanaro. He is good but nowhere the mismatch that Ebron was. I really think it is as simple as Morris just not turning the ball over but I could be wrong.

I think we're basically on the same page though. This is why I said they'd get 350, not 500 and get 16 points not 23 and we'd win 34-16 not on a last second score.

Advertisement
Matt Porter ‏@mattyports 20 Oct

Wake nose tackle Nikita Whitlock is just 5-10, 250, but has 45 tackles (13.5 TFL), 7 sacks, 7 QB hits, 2 forced fumbles & 1 blocked kick.

Advertisement
I'm guessing that WR will be pulling an Ebron on the defense again Saturday, unless they learned from the UNC game to do what they've been coached.

I'm guessing that WR will be pulling an Ebron on the defense again Saturday, unless they learned from the UNC game to do what they've been coached.

Not sure about that. This guy is good, but he's not a physical freak like Ebron. This guy has good, not great speed. Doesn't have great size. He has great hands. Basically he's your typical little annoying white WR. He is 5-11, 190, runs a 4.54 in the 40. He has a career 11-12 yards per catch average. He'll get his catches, but he's not the same type of threat Ebron was/is. He's not going to beat us in the same way. We have to account for him, but in a different way.

Not sure about that. This guy is good, but he's not a physical freak like Ebron. This guy has good, not great speed. Doesn't have great size. He has great hands. Basically he's your typical little annoying white WR. He is 5-11, 190, runs a 4.54 in the 40. He has a career 11-12 yards per catch average. He'll get his catches, but he's not the same type of threat Ebron was/is. He's not going to beat us in the same way. We have to account for him, but in a different way.

I agree, this guy is nowhere near the mismatch Ebron creates. Also add in that Fedora is a better offensive coach and Renner is a better QB. It would not shock me if he had a good game but here is what WF is:

Scoring O: 22.0 PPG (102nd)
Total O: 324.1 YPG (112th)
Passing O: 221.0 YPG (72nd)
Rushing O: 103.1 YPG (113th)

On the road: 1-2, and average 14.0 PPG (29.5 at home)

Advertisement
I actually kinda like the current OL shuffling.

LT Flowers - Seantrel

LG Feliciano - Bunche

C McDermott - Wheeler

RG Wheeler - Linder

RT Linder - Seantrel

Crown Arthur Francis Kehoe!!!

Advertisement
He's a zone killer--reads the defense and finds the hole. Quicker than fast, and runs good routes. Solid hands. QB tanner price makes calls at the line based on how #3 is covered.

If he runs a 4 54 realize he's faster than our back seven. Were slow back there imo..kacy rodgers is our fastest db when he is in the game usually. Pure speed wise imo were not that fastnat db..I love gunt and tracy howard

Advertisement
Back