The More You Know...About Louisville

Advertisement
So Pumped for the game on Monday Night got me feeling like this

218.gif

Heres a little something to add to #2 and that GIF:

By Matt Porter

CORAL GABLES — Because players are human beings and not robots, it was only a matter of time before last year’s Louisville game was discussed.

Cornerback Corn Elder was a freshman during last year’s Russell Athletic Bowl, out for the season with a knee injury. His memories?

“Honestly, I remember them trying to run the score up,” he said. “Just disrespecting us, pretty much.”

After Deon Bush sacked Teddy Bridgewater for a safety on the opening drive, it was all Cardinals. They went up 22-2 at halftime and were still carving up UM’s defense in the final minutes.

“I feel like they were out there talking a lot of trash,” Elder said. “They have a lot of players from here. It was a confidence thing.”

Bridgewater, the former Miami Northwestern High star, threw for 447 yards and three touchdowns. He finished his day with a 1-yard touchdown run early in the fourth quarter. After scoring, he threw up the ‘U’ hand signal and brought his hands across his throat in a slicing motion.

Standing on the sidelines, then-freshman Walter Tucker said he felt “disrespected” when he saw that.

“I looked at it and kind of got mad. I couldn’t do anything because I was on special teams,” he said. “I was a young cat. I just got there. I understood I had to wait my turn.”

They won’t get a chance for revenge against Bridgewater, who now plays for the Minnesota Vikings. They also won’t see Louisville receiver DeVante Parker, who is out 6-8 weeks with a broken bone in his foot. Parker had 142 yards and a touchdown on nine catches in the bowl game.

Elder, who is fighting for a job as a starting cornerback, said his team will draw plenty of motivation from last Dec. 28.

“Oh yeah, of course,” Elder said. “First game, they’re new into the conference. We ended last year with a loss to them. Playing the team you lost to in your last game … that’s a good thing.”

****, it was perhaps the worst game to sit through in my life. But, our D was great on that opening drive! I want to win this game soooooooo badly, and hope the players do too.

Advertisement
This is one of your very best jobs. Awesome stuff.

Also, is it irrational to feel confident that our Freshman RB (Gray) has more raw talent than their workhorse (Brown)?

It's true, so it's not irrational.
Thanks Lu, and I agree. I just put him because he was their starter and didn't feel like just writing about their OL. I expect more of this in the game:

542.jpg

Last edited:
Dan I was sh ways under the impression Burgess was a grade casualty. At least that's what was going around at the time. Waters & Burgess was a package deal until Burgess knew he couldn't qualify. Is that incorrect? Nice work!
I thought grades were fine. I could be wrong. The way Golden constantly talks about LB size I assumed they just went in a different direction.

Advertisement

By Matt Porter

CORAL GABLES — Because players are human beings and not robots, it was only a matter of time before last year’s Louisville game was discussed.

Cornerback Corn Elder was a freshman during last year’s Russell Athletic Bowl, out for the season with a knee injury. His memories?

“Honestly, I remember them trying to run the score up,” he said. “Just disrespecting us, pretty much.”

After Deon Bush sacked Teddy Bridgewater for a safety on the opening drive, it was all Cardinals. They went up 22-2 at halftime and were still carving up UM’s defense in the final minutes.

“I feel like they were out there talking a lot of trash,” Elder said. “They have a lot of players from here. It was a confidence thing.”

Bridgewater, the former Miami Northwestern High star, threw for 447 yards and three touchdowns. He finished his day with a 1-yard touchdown run early in the fourth quarter. After scoring, he threw up the ‘U’ hand signal and brought his hands across his throat in a slicing motion.

Standing on the sidelines, then-freshman Walter Tucker said he felt “disrespected” when he saw that.

“I looked at it and kind of got mad. I couldn’t do anything because I was on special teams,” he said. “I was a young cat. I just got there. I understood I had to wait my turn.”

They won’t get a chance for revenge against Bridgewater, who now plays for the Minnesota Vikings. They also won’t see Louisville receiver DeVante Parker, who is out 6-8 weeks with a broken bone in his foot. Parker had 142 yards and a touchdown on nine catches in the bowl game.

Elder, who is fighting for a job as a starting cornerback, said his team will draw plenty of motivation from last Dec. 28.

“Oh yeah, of course,” Elder said. “First game, they’re new into the conference. We ended last year with a loss to them. Playing the team you lost to in your last game … that’s a good thing.”
If golden doesn't have these guys fired up and kicking *** then I don't know what to say. We better hit them hard on every ******* play, talk **** after every play. Golden better release the reins and let these kids get their revenge.

They better come out excited like Rocco in Boondock Saints.

Solid work as always. It's time for some ******* football.

Watching that just made me mad. I have installed the protective plexiglass in front of my TV. I am ready.

Reading OP's post has me all kinds of salty with Louisville. They are flying up my most hated list alongside Virginia Tech and FSU. We better redeem ourselves and CRUSH this team.

Advertisement
Reading OP's post has me all kinds of salty with Louisville. They are flying up my most hated list alongside Virginia Tech and FSU. We better redeem ourselves and CRUSH this team.

They are indeed rustlers of jimmies. ****ers.

Must win game...this is where the rubber meets the road. You can talk **** all day long but it's winning that counts...bottom line is we need to start winning asap or its gonna get ugly fast

Advertisement

By Matt Porter

If golden doesn't have these guys fired up and kicking *** then I don't know what to say. We better hit them hard on every ******* play, talk **** after every play. Golden better release the reins and let these kids get their revenge.

I think we should knock someone out on the kickoff.........kick or receive.

GO Canes!

We've had a bad run against them lately, need to turn that around, as well as some other bad streaks **cough FSU ** cough **

Great work Dan. Didn't watch any of the videos. Scared I might kick my cat or slap my girlfriend

Advertisement
Back