The More You Know...About Kansas St.

View as article
I agree with whoever said getting out to a good lead quick could be huge for us.

Our D did play really bad last week but like Golden said, there was a stretch between play 16 and play 60 where they didn't give up much. Hopefully, this week we can figure out a little more of why. I just want us to figure out how to stop those **** dump offs to the flats that Klein was owning us with last year. I want to see Tracy and Bush sniffing those out.

Advertisement
To win we must;

1. Get turn overs. At least 2.
2. Stop there run. Make them 1 dimensional.
3. Have high 3rd down conversion %.
4. Run for 150+
5. Win TOP.

Not sure where you were going with that bit about Hocutt at the beginning. Seems that you were implying:

A) We had any idea before last year's game that K State would be a force to be reckoned with

B) Miami should avoid good teams

I imagine playing K State means more revenue than a Charleston Southern, and Miami should never back down from a tough fight. That's not the Miami football I know (but has been the state of things since the loss to LSU). Regardless of our wins and losses, playing good teams will only make us better, and playing Kline is a good prep for Logan Thomas, whom I hope we destroy.

Otherwise really enjoyed the post.

Total hindsight by me, and I detest Hocutt. So any chance I get I will try and sully his name.

Make them one dimensional?? They are one dimensional. Did you see them try to pass this last weekend. The game was all but knotted up 9-6 before they went back to what they do best which is the option. If we key on Klein and stop him...we have a very good chance at walking out of Bill Snyder stadium with a win.

To win we must;

4. Run for 150+
5. Win TOP.

Not sure where you were going with that bit about Hocutt at the beginning. Seems that you were implying:

A) We had any idea before last year's game that K State would be a force to be reckoned with

I imagine playing K State means more revenue than a Charleston Southern, and Miami should never back down from a tough fight. That's not the Miami football I know (but has been the state of things since the loss to LSU). Regardless of our wins and losses, playing good teams will only make us better, and playing Kline is a good prep for Logan Thomas, whom I hope we destroy.

Agreed. Would rather play a good team and maybe lose than waste our time with a 1-AA team

Advertisement
Make them one dimensional?? They are one dimensional. Did you see them try to pass this last weekend. The game was all but knotted up 9-6 before they went back to what they do best which is the option. If we key on Klein and stop him...we have a very good chance at walking out of Bill Snyder stadium with a win.

To win we must;

4. Run for 150+
5. Win TOP.

I did not watch them play this weekend, but I did see us give up 265 yds rushing last year and we must cut that down at least half.

Does this game remind anyone else of Oklahoma game on '07? Not comparing the two teams but the feeling going into the game.

Klein threw the ball well against us last year. Not spectacular but he was efficient and didn't turn it over. We can't let him do that again, hence making them one dimensional.

Advertisement

Total hindsight by me, and I detest Hocutt. So any chance I get I will try and sully his name.

Totally fair. I was merely faulting the logic not the sentiment.

Bottom line with this game boils down to 2 major factors; making Kline a pocket passer, and controlling the time of possession. Both coordinators will be on full display this week, especially D'Nofrio, coming off the brutal performance against BC. I also want to see Fisch utilize what looks like a pretty diverse ground attack. Get Duke his 15 or so touches, pound away between the T's with James and Clements, and mix in some QB run with Morris. I don't want to see any "cutesy" stuff from Fisch this week; just meat and potatoes run game.

Just looking at their website, these are some of the concerns they had entering the season:

• Inexperience on the OL. They're breaking in 3 new starters.
• Trying to find a 3rd LB to play alongside Brown and Tre Walker.
• Breaking in 2 new starters at S and CB.
• Also looking to bolster their pass rush. Snyder was unhappy with the lack of pressure against Missouri St.

I get the sense they didn't get the answers to all their pre-season concerns. They want to be more balanced on offense, but still win games with the run game and dominating TOP.

Last edited:
I have nightmares of their TEs and RBs being wide open all day and if we do cover them, Klein scrambling for 15-20yds. I just want our D to come out and play with some fire in their belly, we have a few kids that look like they play that way, but not enough.

Advertisement
Just saying we better get right quick.

If we had that many blown assignments last week, what happens to these guys when they are watching for a QB run?

Advertisement
Just saying we better get right quick.

If we had that many blown assignments last week, what happens to these guys when they are watching for a QB run?

Agreed. I don't think we need to make them one dimensional and I don't think we need to win time of possession. Frankly, I doubt we CAN do either. We need to win the explosion plays, hopefully get a couple of turnovers, and be good in the red zone. I don't think after last week's performance that the coaches can aim to shut this team down. I think the goal will be to hold them in the red zone where the field shrinks and get a couple turnovers. I just don't find it reasonable to think that a team that played that mistake-prone against a modest, standard offense could be responsible against this extent of variety and deception.

Great article.

Is it too soon to start fireDonofrio.com? The whole running backs in the flats thing has been a problem since game 1 at Maryland.

We got this on saturday Kansas St will come out so fired up ready to tear our *** up. Then we will have our moments were we will struggle
at the end of the day we will come back to the 305 with a W. 44-28 canes.

Advertisement
Back