The More You Know...About Florida State

Advertisement
I'm gonna need convincing throughout the week to feel better about this game.

I've lost all confidence in Morris to get the job done.

I also think D'ohno's unwillingness to be aggressive along with his refusal to play AQM and McCord on early downs will kill us this game.

Coach D took the defense from 116th last year to 18th currently. I'm going to trust that he knows what he's doing.

I agree that Morris gives me zero confidence to get the job done at the moment.

I'd be surprised if a lot of the past greats dont find a way to at least contact the team or speak to them this week

Advertisement
They have ball hawks in the secondary. We HAVE to establish a good run game or they will be sitting back picking off everything and it will get ugly early. I sure hope Coley goes with the mentality we took at the end of the last two games. Run the ball and then run it some more until they have 8 in the box. Then boom!

Florida State's ball hawks have 10 INT's and Miami's have 12. This vaunted defense of Florida State's has 4 fumble recoveries and Miami has 7. Maybe Winston comes in over confident and figures out he better not throw in the direction of our secondary because they're ball hawks. Maybe our defense punches them in the mouth and forces turnovers like they did against UF.

We can throw everything we've seen so far this season out the window for this rivalry game. It's going to be a war.

1.jpg:medium

SIAP. At FSU's practice field today.

They have ball hawks in the secondary. We HAVE to establish a good run game or they will be sitting back picking off everything and it will get ugly early. I sure hope Coley goes with the mentality we took at the end of the last two games. Run the ball and then run it some more until they have 8 in the box. Then boom!

Florida State's ball hawks have 10 INT's and Miami's have 12. This vaunted defense of Florida State's has 4 fumble recoveries and Miami has 7. Maybe Winston comes in over confident and figures out he better not throw in the direction of our secondary because they're ball hawks. Maybe our defense punches them in the mouth and forces turnovers like they did against UF.

We can throw everything we've seen so far this season out the window for this rivalry game. It's going to be a war.

Exactly. I'm not sold on the disparity between these two teams. One need to look no further than UNC stomping BC this past weekend to call into question how over hyped both FSU AND Clemson are. No way in **** are we 22pts worse going in - that's just the betting public not doing their homework and completely buying the hype. They do not out talent us by that much - and this game will be won in the trenches. If our boys put together the type of intensity and effort they displayed in the UF game - we have more than a fighting chance.

IF - we start fast (that's a big if but in a rivalry game I'm going to assume it's possible) - we are in this to win it. Who knows - maybe the adversity of the past two weeks coupled with no one giving them a shot plays in our favor?

And I'll bet any amount of $$ that FSU players are buying into the hype, too. how can't they? It's overwhelming.

Advertisement
FSU can be had on the ground. BC, NCST, and Pitt all rushed for 4.4 YPC or better.

I have to think we're better on the ground than they are. Ground and pound, baby.

How many points does our offense need to score to beat FSU?

4 TDs and 2 FG

What kind of game does Morris need to have?

21 for 28 250 2TDs and 0 INTs

How many points does our offense need to score to beat FSU?

4 TDs and 2 FG

What kind of game does Morris need to have?

21 for 28 250 2TDs and 0 INTs

if morris throws for 75% against a decent defense, i'll be too busy looking for signs of the second coming of christ to enjoy it.

Anybody remember what I said about the uf game going in? It was something alomg the lines of the following:

I hate fsu, quite possibly more than I hate uf. This season sets them up so high, and living in this ****hole among the worst of the worst of their fans makes it so much more irritating.

People say we have no chance, they cant be beat. Well **** them. We can beat them. We can find a way. We have the team and the talent. Too long weve been losing to that 2nd class *** clown of a school. This is our year. If you dont think so and preach nothing but gloom and doom for this game, leave now.

BRING THEM ON

Advertisement
All the pressure is on FSU, gonna be an anchor if UM can keep it close & run the ball in the 4th quarter...

If Miami cannot run the ball it will most likely be a long day....

We have to run the ball on them or we're gonna get destroyed on the road.

Turnovers will also be very relevant.

have to win special teams sat. night to (c'mon Matt Goudis)

Advertisement
Turnovers will be key..

Morris and Company give the ball up to FSU this will be a long afternoon.

Need Long drives to keep FSU's offense off the field and keep our D Rested.

GO CANES!

dorsett will be missed in this game. we always catch FSwho on a bomb. speed kills. Morris is going to ply turnover free football and not be scared to chuck it around while keeping his footwork on point

Advertisement
Back