The mismanagement of the roster with this staff is mind blowing

It hasn't been perfect but there isn't one position where there's a glaring problem going into 2019.

QB will be a healthy competition
RB is stacked
WR is stacked
TE is solid
OL has the numbers
DL is good not great
LB is okay
DB is above average

It will be interesting to see if QB is indeed a healthy competition. Even if it is, we need to coach these dudes up and put a scheme in to get the ball in our playmakers hands. Also, we need a QB in every class that can flat out compete.

Advertisement
What's your thought process on year 3 then? Have you seen what our class looks like right now?
The OP was referring to the first year of recruiting and so that is what I was replying to Also, if you had read my post carefully I opened with I was not defending Richt, but explaining the first year of recruiting for any new coach/staff when taking over a new opening.
Since you asked the 1) process on year 3 is abysmal. 2) Yes I've seen what our class looks like now

I knew there would be one of you guys to come here and try to justify this. So if you are coming to make an excuse for that, then make an excuse for how we whiffed on Briggs and Chatman who we recruited for months and went to FSU. Also Jalen Goss who we were after as well and Willie stole him from Auburn. Save the excuses.
Dude, calm down. No justification, just explaining what all new staff's deal with. In case you wondering, yes this staff as usual comes in with a high rated class which down the road fizzles out, and that is completely the fault of the staff and no one else

They are just amateurs. Not even on quality but even on numbers. DT-DB-LB lack numbers and quality. It's year 3.

Advertisement
It will be interesting to see if QB is indeed a healthy competition. Even if it is, we need to coach these dudes up and put a scheme in to get the ball in our playmakers hands. Also, we need a QB in every class that can flat out compete.

QB the most important position on team, look at the good teams right now led by a solid QB. No doubt coaches let this position lose a couple games this year. Name your D____ starter, let him get the reps and lead the team. Will amount to several wins next year that were losses this year.

In Richts first class he signed 1 DT and 1 OLinemen. Both aren’t even on the team anymore. Scrambling to find DTs late last cycle cause apparently they were the only ones who didn’t expect them to go pro when it was widely known they were most likely going pro. Signing 1 linebacker last year when we could have multiple LBs leave after the year, and that one linebacker we signed has been practicing at DE. This is amateur hour what’s going on..

Its called "the rebuild" did you not forget how many d-tackles stop coming here because of the moronic defensive scheme that was in place when coach richt got here. Than add to that coach kool was a **** poor recruiter for 2yrs. So as you can see, jess simpson comes in and is doing work, so far we got munoz, jason blisset, holley and maybe another one on the way, stay tuned. But to act like recruits were beating down the door to come here, this thing has to be built back up, only so much a headcoach can do in just under 3yrs. But alot has already been done, just development taking place, with alot of players going into their 3rd year of the strength and conditioning program, that's going to make a big difference in the player developments on this roster. Alot of the later enrollee's are just not physically ready to contribute, many of the guys need to redshirt, like pope. Very few freshman will come in and have an impact like Ahmon richards, but with coach richt here, the talent will continue to be here.

Its funny watching alot of players commit to UGA, they are actually committing to a program that coach richt built, we'll see if kirby is smart enuff to maintain or have continued success their.

You could say that recruiting ties in overall as well as with gameday approach, roster management and every other aspect of coaching.

This fanbase has been up in arms about everything the staff does wrong. The issues I have with them on the trail is how they leave themselves little wiggle room for when a kid plays them, like the Jobe situation. With Ingraham, we heard that the staff had to immediately start turning over to Plan B prospects; which the staff should've still been constantly in talks with other DTs. The staff from a recruiting standpoint keeps falling for the same tricks over and over.
This program thinks sometimes its better then it actual is, they go after class A recruits and get held hostage. If I was a big time school recruiting against Miami just so they dont rise I'll wait till last month before NSD to put pressure on there Class A targets. Then u weaken Miami just by taking there croots and them left scrambling, they do it now its a great strategy by other schools.

Listen, Kirby is out recruiting Richt by a wide margin. To think otherwise is foolish. Smart is doing just fine with UGA recruiting. We should focus on Richt’s lack of a recruiting class because by now, recruits are seeing the lack of results and why would they want to come here? The offense they see is stagnant, slow, and doesn’t put up points. So why come here? Richt was successful in the first couple of years because there was excitement about the program. Now? They see what kind of offense he runs and want no part of it. That’s why a hire like Leach would jump start the program, and take advantage of what Richt has been able to recruit these first few years. Couple that with what Leach could get here offensively....it could become a juggernaut.

Advertisement
QB the most important position on team, look at the good teams right now led by a solid QB. No doubt coaches let this position lose a couple games this year. Name your D____ starter, let him get the reps and lead the team. Will amount to several wins next year that were losses this year.
Our coach and OL limits qbs, we would have to get the greatest QB ever. The guy that comes in with this staff better be a Heisman type just so he can help the staffs short comings.

WR is not stacked why do people keep saying this. Richards was the bonafide #1 and when he went down, it really hurt us. Cager jag, Harley jag, Langham other than some jump balls is not good. Thomas is a player but not a true number 1, he’s linited and has dropped some balls. All the young kids have potential but what have they done in college to call the position stacked. Stacked is Bama and Clemson who have multiple game changers, we have 1.

Considering we'll return 8 WRs with game experience, most of whom were rated 4*, I'd argue that we're good at WR.

We weren't in the position to replace Richards in 2018. It's a very young unit but it's arguably our most promising one imo.

Its called "the rebuild" did you not forget how many d-tackles stop coming here because of the moronic defensive scheme that was in place when coach richt got here. Than add to that coach kool was a **** poor recruiter for 2yrs. So as you can see, jess simpson comes in and is doing work, so far we got munoz, jason blisset, holley and maybe another one on the way, stay tuned. But to act like recruits were beating down the door to come here, this thing has to be built back up, only so much a headcoach can do in just under 3yrs. But alot has already been done, just development taking place, with alot of players going into their 3rd year of the strength and conditioning program, that's going to make a big difference in the player developments on this roster. Alot of the later enrollee's are just not physically ready to contribute, many of the guys need to redshirt, like pope. Very few freshman will come in and have an impact like Ahmon richards, but with coach richt here, the talent will continue to be here.

Its funny watching alot of players commit to UGA, they are actually committing to a program that coach richt built, we'll see if kirby is smart enuff to maintain or have continued success their.
You don’t get it. I’m not talking any other class but the first one. Year three is the year you see the big boys make an impact on both lines. So to not take in a couple OLinemen and DTs in your first class is a massive failure in its own right. And for both of the guys you took to not even be on the roster, speaks even louder of the mismanagement of this roster. The following year he took 1 DT. I just don’t get it, everyone knows you win in the trenches. He has failed to balance out the roster.

All this before we can even discuss how we utilize his players, especially on offense. He’s a joke.

finishing 9-3 with a #22 recruiting class...that's the kind of thing you can write off as part of the rebuild. We'll see how the class finishes up, but 5-5 at this point isn't rebuilding, it's failure. We've gone 3 losses past the point where we should be overlooking losing as just part of the process. Richt is failing, and the best thing you can say about it is that he'll get it back together and we'll start winning again. Until we lose 4 in a row next year. Like we have every single year he's been here. Think about that. Year 3 actually looks worse than year 1.

Advertisement
In Richts first class he signed 1 DT and 1 OLinemen. Both aren’t even on the team anymore. Scrambling to find DTs late last cycle cause apparently they were the only ones who didn’t expect them to go pro when it was widely known they were most likely going pro. Signing 1 linebacker last year when we could have multiple LBs leave after the year, and that one linebacker we signed has been practicing at DE. This is amateur hour what’s going on..

You don’t get it. I’m not talking any other class but the first one. Year three is the year you see the big boys make an impact on both lines. So to not take in a couple OLinemen and DTs in your first class is a massive failure in its own right. And for both of the guys you took to not even be on the roster, speaks even louder of the mismanagement of this roster. The following year he took 1 DT. I just don’t get it, everyone knows you win in the trenches. He has failed to balance out the roster.

All this before we can even discuss how we utilize his players, especially on offense. He’s a joke.

First let me say that I've criticized Richt for under recruiting the trenches. The DT "haul" for his first two recruiting classes was beyond pathetic. I even argued with some guy on here not too long ago who had the audacity to disagree when I said that Golden actually left Richt with some DT depth. With that said, in that first class I think the intention was always for Bethel and Martin to be DT's. Now, I thought that wasn't the best idea, but ok whatever. The real killer was not Bethel and Martin, but instead following them up with only Jon Ford. THAT was pure lunacy.

Edit: I know he doesn't play at all, but is Martin already gone? I hadn't heard that. I do expect him to leave by the end of the year, though.

Martin is still on the roster.

Bethel, Martin, Ford, Silvera, Miller, Holley, Blissett, Munoz

Not an unbelievable group on paper but player development is what Simpson does well apparently.

Last edited:
Advertisement
First let me say that I've criticized Richt for under recruiting the trenches. The DT "haul" for his first two recruiting classes was beyond pathetic. I even argued with some guy on here not too long ago who had the audacity to disagree when I said that Golden actually left Richt with some DT depth. With that said, in that first class I think the intention was always for Bethel and Martin to be DT's. Now, I thought that wasn't the best idea, but ok whatever. The real killer was not Bethel and Martin, but instead following them up with only Jon Ford. THAT was pure lunacy.

Edit: I know he doesn't play at all, but is Martin already gone? I hadn't heard that. I do expect him to leave by the end of the year, though.
He signed Bethel as a DEnd and he played him there as an unathletic true freshman. The move should’ve been to redshirt him that way we have two more years as a DT. Instead we only have 1. So another mismanagement by the staff. Lol

He signed Bethel as a DEnd and he played him there as an unathletic true freshman. The move should’ve been to redshirt him that way we have two more years as a DT. Instead we only have 1. So another mismanagement by the staff. Lol

Yeah definitely should have shirted.

The defense isn't that much of a problem considering all you posted. The offense will be loaded at the skill positions next season and the OL, which takes the longest to develop, should declare itself on way or another next season. The QB position has not matured well, and there's legitimate beef to made there but I think Jarren is the real deal.

I'd like to see a 2019 kid with a grad transfer for competition at QB, and then I expect Max Johnson to be pursued for 2020. Richt will have every toy he wants on offense next season if Bryant comes in as a grad transfer and we can only hope the OL will push out 7-8 strong players.

The offensive line will still be a MAJOR concern. Especially if their are a couple of young inexperienced players starting. Nevertheless, like the LSU opener the Florida game will give Cane fan a major INDICATION what Miami will be like on offense in 2019. For example, Florida will have an EXPERIENCED defense returning next season. OUCH! And these two tangibles are why I don't believe Miami will defeat Florida. But I could be wrong.

Advertisement
Back