The mismanagement of the roster with this staff is mind blowing

Richards hurt no doubt, and JT isn't a #1 because Richt sucks at getting him the ball. Half of the game plan should be to get the ball to JT with some room to run. Do that a few times a game and this is a whole different offense. As for the other guys, they may look like JAGS right now, but you never know. Everybody said Berrios was a JAG until suddenly he wasn't. If Richt can find ways to get the ball to Harley and Cager can be consistent, there's no reason they can't both be good.
I’m sorry I didn’t mean to call Cager a jag, he flat out sucks. Please show me one video in his career him catching the ball with his hands and high pointing the ball. In two years he’s dropped more balls than I can ever remember.

Advertisement
Look at our offensive recruiting this year.
0 QB & RB. 1 WR commit. 2 O-line commits, both rumored to flip elsewhere. 1 TE commit that everyone is split on.

The worst part is the board remains a mystery. After Hasselwood & MAR who are we even recruiting? Neal? Wydermyer?

How can the ENTIRE board be such a well kept secret? Because its not a secret. They don't even know who is on it!

I’m sorry I didn’t mean to call Cager a jag, he flat out sucks. Please show me one video in his career him catching the ball with his hands and high pointing the ball. In two years he’s dropped more balls than I can ever remember.

And that means he can never get better? People said the same thing about Berrios. Which I already mentioned. It's like you don't read what I write before you respond.

And where's my party invite? Although I'm not sure I want to go to a party held by a guy who doesn't get the rooster reference.

Look at our offensive recruiting this year.
0 QB & RB. 1 WR commit. 2 O-line commits, both rumored to flip elsewhere. 1 TE commit that everyone is split on.

The worst part is the board remains a mystery. After Hasselwood & MAR who are we even recruiting? Neal? Wydermyer?

How can the ENTIRE board be such a well kept secret? Because its not a secret. They don't even know who is on it!

Hey man, the coaches are busy keeping the offensive machinery well oiled, there's no time for recruiting.

In Richts first class he signed 1 DT and 1 OLinemen. Both aren’t even on the team anymore. Scrambling to find DTs late last cycle cause apparently they were the only ones who didn’t expect them to go pro when it was widely known they were most likely going pro. Signing 1 linebacker last year when we could have multiple LBs leave after the year, and that one linebacker we signed has been practicing at DE. This is amateur hour what’s going on..

We were never two classes away. When fan bases think they are close somehow they brainstorm that it equates to two classes.

Advertisement
And that means he can never get better? People said the same thing about Berrios. Which I already mentioned. It's like you don't read what I write before you respond.

And where's my party invite? Although I'm not sure I want to go to a party held by a guy who doesn't get the rooster reference.
Berrios was never given an opportunity to begin with so let’s not make up this narrative that he all of a sudden got better out of no where. Berrios was always a playe. Stacy was a very good receiver and Richards was a stud. I’ve seen Cager for two years now and what has he done? You either have it or you don’t, he doesn’t. Going off your logic Rosier should’ve been way better than last correct? Same with Bar Milo. **** Robert Knowles is a redshirt junior so he’s 4 years removed from high school and he still sucks.

Berrios was never given an opportunity to begin with so let’s not make up this narrative that he all of a sudden got better out of no where. Berrios was always a playe. Stacy was a very good receiver and Richards was a stud. I’ve seen Cager for two years now and what has he done? You either have it or you don’t, he doesn’t. Going off your logic Rosier should’ve been way better than last correct? Same with Bar Milo. **** Robert Knowles is a redshirt junior so he’s 4 years removed from high school and he still sucks.

Barrios didn't get better out of nowhere, he was always good he just needed time to develope. But porsters on CIS decided he wasn't because he dropped a ball freshman year and didn't get many touches. I didn't say Cager has done anything, I said if he stops dropping the ball he may turn into a decent player. I merely cautioned you not to write all of our receivers off because they haven't done much yet. There's always time to grow.

Everything you said after that is just stupid and insulting.

Since you're so bent on making up my side of the convo, I'm gonna leave you to it.

Don't forget my invite.

Hey man, the coaches are busy keeping the offensive machinery well oiled, there's no time for recruiting.

I just dont get it man! I'm starting to think there's something seriously wrong with him. His plays aren't working. His offensive recruiting class is nonexistent. But everyday its finger pointing. He's going in circles.

If its not the plays, but the execution, then dont we need to recruit different players? Apparently not because we aren't exactly recruiting an offensive juggernaut.

If its not the players, it must be the coaching? So we need to make playbook &/or staff changes? No.. He shot that down too.

So if it's not the players, coaches, recruiting, plays or play calling.. What's left?? Lol the fck?!

Advertisement
I just dont get it man! I'm starting to think there's something seriously wrong with him. His plays aren't working. His offensive recruiting class is nonexistent. But everyday its finger pointing. He's going in circles.

If its not the plays, but the execution, then dont we need to recruit different players? Apparently not because we aren't exactly recruiting an offensive juggernaut.

If its not the players, it must be the coaching? So we need to make playbook &/or staff changes? No.. He shot that down too.

So if it's not the players, coaches, recruiting, plays or play calling.. What's left?? Lol the fck?!

Not to be rude, but don't you get it? It's exactly the same thing as with al.

He's in over his head and doesn't know what to do now. He feels like everybody is attacking him (true) but doesn't see the reasons for it. He just thinks a few random things have gone wrong and he'll get it fixed. He doesn't understand why the fans don't see it and aren't willing to give him the time he needs.

There are two ways to go in situations like this: make changes or circle the wagons. 90%+ of people will circle the wagons, and that's what Richt seems to be doing. There's a chance he's already moving behind the scenes, but not a very good chance.

Saban spent years trying to get the game slowed down. But when he realized it wouldn't happen, he went with it and changed. You see the results in his offense this year. Urban's the same way, when he sees somebody else having success he tries to figure out what he can learn from it. Those guys are exceptions though.

Couple of weeks ago he had some crucial drops. Can't remember the game and I won't say it was all on him we lost. He definitely contributed to the L though. A game changer grabs those and in turn all the glory.

In Richts first class he signed 1 DT and 1 OLinemen. Both aren’t even on the team anymore. Scrambling to find DTs late last cycle cause apparently they were the only ones who didn’t expect them to go pro when it was widely known they were most likely going pro. Signing 1 linebacker last year when we could have multiple LBs leave after the year, and that one linebacker we signed has been practicing at DE. This is amateur hour what’s going on..
giphy.gif

Advertisement
Which team are you paid to coach and recruit for?

Ill wait

Not to defend Richt, but anyone can tell you that when a new coach comes in, he is basically trying just to keep the incoming class together. The new staff isn't yet put together, and many of the recruits brought in weren't necessarily the new staff's first choice, but bodies are needed
A better gauge is to judge the 2nd year of recruiting Then you can see the athletes the staff was truly targeting.
Excellent point, my friend

Those nsd misses are always a sign if a HC will be successful or not. Follow the first two classes and if they get held holding there dik in there hands on NSD then thats a sign they wont win. Its never failed me to tell whos a jag.....but people put the blinders on and they see what they want to see when the evidence early on tells u all u need to know
I agree. You can’t be left at the alter. You always have to have a contingency plan, if a kid has to wait until Feb signing day, you are better off taking the slightly less talented guy who WANTS to be a Cane and will commit sooner

Advertisement
Those nsd misses are always a sign if a HC will be successful or not. Follow the first two classes and if they get held holding there dik in there hands on NSD then thats a sign they wont win. Its never failed me to tell whos a jag.....but people put the blinders on and they see what they want to see when the evidence early on tells u all u need to know

You could say that recruiting ties in overall as well as with gameday approach, roster management and every other aspect of coaching.

This fanbase has been up in arms about everything the staff does wrong. The issues I have with them on the trail is how they leave themselves little wiggle room for when a kid plays them, like the Jobe situation. With Ingraham, we heard that the staff had to immediately start turning over to Plan B prospects; which the staff should've still been constantly in talks with other DTs. The staff from a recruiting standpoint keeps falling for the same tricks over and over.

Not to defend Richt, but anyone can tell you that when a new coach comes in, he is basically trying just to keep the incoming class together. The new staff isn't yet put together, and many of the recruits brought in weren't necessarily the new staff's first choice, but bodies are needed
A better gauge is to judge the 2nd year of recruiting Then you can see the athletes the staff was truly targeting.

What's your thought process on year 3 then? Have you seen what our class looks like right now?

The defense isn't that much of a problem considering all you posted. The offense will be loaded at the skill positions next season and the OL, which takes the longest to develop, should declare itself on way or another next season. The QB position has not matured well, and there's legitimate beef to made there but I think Jarren is the real deal.

I'd like to see a 2019 kid with a grad transfer for competition at QB, and then I expect Max Johnson to be pursued for 2020. Richt will have every toy he wants on offense next season if Bryant comes in as a grad transfer and we can only hope the OL will push out 7-8 strong players.

Not unless we get a new OL coach. It doesn't take 3+ plus years for OL to develop in a consistent unit. UF had a dumpster fire OL during the McElwain era. In Mullen's first year, his OL coach has his unit playing at a consistent level. And mind you, Miami and UF have about the same talent level at OL; it's not like UF was recruiting like Bama at that position.

Advertisement
Back