The Miami Hurricanes playing back on the holy land

Advertisement
So we should return to the area FIU started an on field brawl with us?

This would be amazing!!! It would put some excitement in a otherwise average game. The canes should wear throwback 2001 uniforms to add to the atmosphere. Long live the OB the only true sports temple that this city ever had and maybe Traz too.
I agree totally... the energy the OB had was amazing. When I would enter the stadium I would get goosebumps, and others would say the same happened to them. There was an energy vortex that the Canes (Fins too) tapped into. For all the advancements and high tech this and that that Joe Robbie Stadium has it still is missing something. And as I've said before... the Rock is not our home, we just play there.

I agree totally... the energy the OB had was amazing. When I would enter the stadium I would get goosebumps, and others would say the same happened to them. There was an energy vortex that the Canes (Fins too) tapped into. For all the advancements and high tech this and that that Joe Robbie Stadium has it still is missing something. And as I've said before... the Rock is not our home, we just play there.

Did you go to the Rock last year? We play in one of the best stadiums in the country.

Advertisement
Hard Rock last year against Notre Dame was insane! Every Domer fan sitting in front of us had their fingers in their ears throughout most of the game. Their fans were just as shook as their team.

Did you go to the Rock last year? We play in one of the best stadiums in the country.

Clearly wasn’t at any games last year. VaTech & ND were insane. The atmosphere alone was worth a couple of TDs or more for each game. If you weren’t there you don’t get it. End of story, case closed.

I was at the (Rock) last year and the years before. I really don't want to go back and forth about J.R.S... in my post I was just agreeing with Joe'Cane. ... so lets just agree to disagree (about the stadiums). But at least we're both on the same page... the Canes are our priority.

Don't give OP a hard time, I hear Blake James is trying to schedule a home and away with Jerusalem State U.

Advertisement
Don't give OP a hard time, I hear Blake James is trying to schedule a home and away with Jerusalem State U.

JSU WOW!!!
No more of this imitation Holy Land stuff..... we'll be the 1st to play an Am. football game in the real Holy Land!!!

The score we put up will be of Biblical proportions!!

I was at the (Rock) last year and the years before. I really don't want to go back and forth about J.R.S... in my post I was just agreeing with Joe'Cane. ... so lets just agree to disagree (about the stadiums). But at least we're both on the same page... the Canes are our priority.

Ask Ed Reed what he thinks about HRS. Or if you were there all you had to do was look at his face at the beginning/right before the game. He never heard that at the OB. You could see it in his face.

Ask Ed Reed what he thinks about HRS. Or if you were there all you had to do was look at his face at the beginning/right before the game. He never heard that at the OB. You could see it in his face.
Ok, I got to see if I still have Ed's number in my directory.
Look, this forum is exactly that, a place where opinions are aired. As you have seen here, there are numerous opinions about the OB, the Rock, and other issues which play into this discussion. As a 21 year OB season ticket holder, who by the way never missed a single game either, I have a different perspective than younger folks. I'm 100% for making the best of our present playing location, as long as the Dolphin front office doesn't pull any more stupid celebrations that aren't Canes related. But since I'm not a Fins fan I will not be going to see pro games there... besides, I live in S. Dade.
Regardless, I will attend games in the future, I will go to baseball and basketball games in CG, I may add another Canes tattoo though I'm in my sixties, I will cheer the Canes until the man upstairs calls my number. But please don't tell me about the OB.
Let's just hope that we can kick ***, no matter on what field we play.

Advertisement
I hate the idea. Marlins Park is a baseball facility; a football field fits awkwardly in there at best.

FIU's stadium is perfectly adequate for this game. Would it be a tough ticket? Would it feel like glorified high school football? Of course, but so what? The game at FAU a couple years back worked fine, aside from the painfully long "lightning" delays from a storm that had to be 7 miles west of the stadium. I was there and it was brutal, but the stadium was fine. I've also been to a FIU game...it would be fun.

Alternatively, there's a perfectly good football stadium in town that I'm pretty sure people have heard of...it's called Hard Rock Stadium. Play the game there and have Miami on the other sideline, who cares.

Advertisement
Back