The Miami Hurricanes playing back on the holy land

Advertisement
This would be amazing!!! It would put some excitement in a otherwise average game. The canes should wear throwback 2001 uniforms to add to the atmosphere. Long live the OB the only true sports temple that this city ever had and maybe Traz too.

Advertisement
It makes no sense to leave The Rock! Best Stadium for a college football team if you ask me. It’s been just too long to go back now.

Advertisement
Smart choice by Butch.

Should be a big crowd there for this game to see if he's worked some magic there at FIU.

Doubt it changes the results

If I remember correctly both teams have to be on the same sideline to get football to work there.

Could potentially end up being a mess with zero upside for us

Believe it's FIU's call but have zero desire to have that game there.

I have sat in the womb of The Ole Lady for 60 or more games in my lifetime. I traveled 4 hours for every one of those games. I attended the the last Miami Hurricane game every in the Orange Bowl against Virginia on November 10th, 2007.

I will never step foot in the Marlins Stadium to watch a Cane football game. Fock the Marlins organization, the corrupt Miami officials & any company that made money building that that place. All of them took away what really made attending a UM game special. The Ole lady was a mess.....

But She Was OUR Mess.........

I have sat in the womb of The Ole Lady for 60 or more games in my lifetime. I traveled 4 hours for every one of those games. I attended the the last Miami Hurricane game every in the Orange Bowl against Virginia on November 10th, 2007.

I will never step foot in the Marlins Stadium to watch a Cane football game. Fock the Marlins organization, the corrupt Miami officials & any company that made money building that that place. All of them took away what really made attending a UM game special. The Ole lady was a mess.....

But She Was OUR Mess.........
My father was the Orange Bowl Stadium Manager from 1960 to 1979. He started working there as a janitor in the mid 50's. I knew that place inside and out. Broke my heart to see it torn down, but the city wouldn't/couldn't invest any more into it.

Advertisement
Our Holy Land is at Marlins Stadium???
AAAAAAAAAAAA.jpeg

I guess I completely missed out ever hearing it called that.... and I'm a lifetime fan and alum.

Would've thought that Holy Land title would have gone to the Orange Bowl.... not some monstrosity ( great for Baseball ) trying to pass as football stadium.

Last edited:
They tore the Old Lady down. **** whatever place that is and **** the Marlins. And why not, **** Butch and FIU too

Advertisement
If I remember correctly both teams have to be on the same sideline to get football to work there.

Could potentially end up being a mess with zero upside for us

Believe it's FIU's call but have zero desire to have that game there.

Hard to tell from the angle of that video, but it looks like there is virtually no room between the back of the end zone and the right/center field wall. If true, that scares the crap out of me for injuries.

Advertisement
Back