Off-Topic The Melting Pot: a Food Thread

Advertisement
what? for pizza. there is a nice little town near Yale home of some of the best pizza in the country and its between NY and MA lol
Restaurants in general. You'll find a diamond in the rough at times, but I've never had great luck finding good food.

Restaurants in general. You'll find a diamond in the rough at times, but I've never had great luck finding good food.
I mean I can say that in Florida too tho. outside of SFL, there is nothing between here and orlando and between orlando and Tampa, there is nothing in between. Florida is a gigantic state lol so its not like up north where you drive three hours and youre five states away. compared to other big cities, we aren't up to snuff.

****, ATL actually has a great food scene. miami can get there but its not there yet. adding in more of Grutman trash overpriced concepts aren't gonna help either (dont get me started on Komodo).

but you go to NYC, you can find the best food in the country and never have to leave which is the point though. you can't say that about miami or Florida as a whole.

same w Chicago, SD (actually one pizza and gelato spot there was some of the best ive had), etc.

Advertisement
There is a reason FSU and Clemson both had nobody in the top 20 last year, poor QB play. Good QB/OL play still matters to WR production…

That's true. But that article I read cited that this has been ongoing for a while. Receivers aren't going to Tally and thriving.

Advertisement
Yes. Richard Wood was the Chair of Wawa...now he has some new title I believe (if he is still involved). I'm not up on my recent **** Wood news.

"What do you need to kn...oh umm yeah the Wawa guy" - @JG14
I know Richard and his brother. Met and spoke to them in Orlando 5yrs ago at a Wawa Grand Opening where a friend is the GM......Two extremely nice older Gentlemen.

Advertisement
Wtf does that even mean??....Only a complete Moron would think the South has anything on the North in ref to Culinary fare. I'll put 2 Soul Food restaurants in NYC (one in Harlem) up against anything the South can offer.
I agree with you. I think the only exception would be BBQ. Not to say there isn't great BBQ up north (i.e Chicago). I don't think you can beat Texas BBQ.

Advertisement
I mean I can say that in Florida too tho. outside of SFL, there is nothing between here and orlando and between orlando and Tampa, there is nothing in between. Florida is a gigantic state lol so its not like up north where you drive three hours and youre five states away. compared to other big cities, we aren't up to snuff.

****, ATL actually has a great food scene. miami can get there but its not there yet. adding in more of Grutman trash overpriced concepts aren't gonna help either (dont get me started on Komodo).

but you go to NYC, you can find the best food in the country and never have to leave which is the point though. you can't say that about miami or Florida as a whole.

same w Chicago, SD (actually one pizza and gelato spot there was some of the best ive had), etc.
Chicago Beef sandwiches in Chi-town deserve a culinary award every yr. Orlando's food scene, (aside from a few) is mediocre at best. I'm close friends with Chefs/owners Jim & Julie Petrakis of the Ravenous Pig....in my opinion, best restaurant in Orlando, and has been for a dozen yrs.

Last edited:
Chicago Beef sandwiches in Chi-town deserve a culinary award every yr. Orlando's food scene, (aside from a few) is mediocre at best. I'm close friends with Chefs/owners Jim & Julie Petrakis....in my opinion, best restaurant in Orlando, and has been for a dozen yrs.
Orlandos food scene is def meh at best. they have some decent asian food bc of their asian town area but overall, nothing to write home about. I kinda feel that way about the rest of the state too. Tampa has some decent spots here and there but nothing crazy. miami prolly has the best food in the state and its okay still.

I will say w orlando, its def more than just chain spots but you actually have to leave the Disney area to get there

I agree with you. I think the only exception would be BBQ. Not to say there isn't great BBQ up north (i.e Chicago). I don't think you can beat Texas BBQ.
Memphis AND Kansas City both lay waste to Texas Barbecue, except ONE thing....Brisket, where Texas is King. Go to Rendezvous in Memphis for their Dry-Rub ribs, and Thank me later.

Define SFL. I'm in northern PBC and I can find great places between WPB and Stuart. Usually my wife can usually find a decent non-chain restaurant just about anywhere in FL, GA, and SC along the major routes. I can't say that up north. I'm not really talking about one stoplight towns, but places like Worcester and Hartford should have a couple of go-to places.

Nothing is going to compare to going to NYC and stopping in any random place in Little Italy and having a fantastic shrimp fra diaviolo. You're not going to get that kind of kitchen staff cross-pollination in a lot of places.

Advertisement
Back