The loss is 1000000% on Mario, but I'd still like to discuss the fumble call

The head official was Jeff Heaser.

So this was a really bad sequence. And one of the worst all night. This roughing the passer was called because Mauigoa was blitzing and he got cut and had to jump or he probably gets injured and he lands by the QB feet. The very next play, Jaden Davis Jersey was literally off his shoulder pads from getting held on the QB run by King. Few plays later they score. ******* brutal.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Can @Lance Roffers or @DMoney or @Peter Ariz look into this, create a legitimate report, and send it to Miami and/or leak it to the media? Could you imagine the scandal if Lance took the time to do one of his reports on this going back a few years or more? The evidence would be so overwhelming and undeniable.

Mauigoa roughing the passer was awful since he was being cut by the RB. They don't score a TD without that call imo.
Is a low shot on the QB even a penalty in college? I thought that was an NFL rule only.

Bro their OL was tackling our DL and they didn’t get called the entire game. Every big play they had blatant holding on the replay. 1000% rigged
So why isn’t Cristobal in their ear non stop?
Why aren’t we setting up all week a la Phil Jackson informing media that Michael is getting fouled or held…next game he shoots 20 free throws

All I’ve been saying is that despite one of the worst QB performance in UM history, should have been 6 picks. Bad calls throughout, and the boneheaded decision by Cristobal we came through and won that game. There is no in the refs hands because there was no phuggin’ fumble. It wouldn’t have been any more crazy, the way that call was blown, Gatech could have gotten away with swiping at our center on the kneel down play and causing a fumble.

What I want, is our players to go back to work, with the coaches and show the maturity to not allow this season to come off the rails. BUT with that…our entire Administration with the wrath of ****, all of South Florida Media, and anyone that has any respect for the game, non-stop pounding the ACC and NCAA to refinish the end of this game or give us the W as the game rightfully ended.

Like I said there are verifiable and tangible dollar figures that can be calculated on what that call costs Miami in terms of a possible CFB playoff run, marketing exposure for both the University and players, and ticket sails.

It’s just a sickening and ridiculous end to what we should have been a sweat it out game - that it seems all top 25 teams have had in the young season. The fact that it isn’t is a savage blow to us fans who have been waiting for a team to believe in again.

Advertisement
We should go full William Wallace on these bums and force them into accountability.
1696819354676.gif

Agree, except it should be done immediately from here on out.

That call was a war crime. We should declare war on this conference and it’s officials.

I mean seriously aside from fines for public shaming, what’s the worst thing that can happen. The refs scrèw us even more blatantly? Don’t think that’s possible at this point.

We should go full William Wallace on these bums and force them into accountability.
Yea now that I think about it I want the U to make it official that they refuse to accept the crew that reffed this game in any other game and then extra sauce Miami wins out and the TV announcers have to say the refs were banned from reffing Miami @ UNC, MIami @FSU, ACC title game

Anybody else catch how the guys calling the game didn’t question the elbow being down at all? I haven’t been able to rewatch the whole thing, but the knee/shin might have been down before the elbow too. Really bad review and call when the ref was 2 feet away. Should have called him down then let the refs review it.

Advertisement
The second it went for replay I knew it wasn’t getting overturned. I don’t know the numbers but all I remember GT getting called for was a ton of procedural stuff on offense. The one facemask call where they ripped Chaney’s helmet off. We did also get bailed out for them running into the snapper once.

Anything else was against Miami.. complete bull **** roughing the passer, bull **** taunting, bull **** holding, etc.. typical because we’re either undisciplined every year or we’re continually ****ed by the refs. Either way… wasn’t going our way.

Anybody else catch how the guys calling the game didn’t question the elbow being down at all? I haven’t been able to rewatch the whole thing, but the knee/shin might have been down before the elbow too. Really bad review and call when the ref was 2 feet away. Should have called him down then let the refs review it.
Maybe it’s because there are so many more games on TV so the pool of applicants dwindle…more people calling games where you seem to know more than they do at times.

Advertisement
So the entire game officiating was bad to awful…

And Mario Cristobal, instead of kneeling for a sure win, mismanaged the clock, which is a long term Mario problem, and we lose, with a bad call contributing to the loss.

I agree that Mario should have been all over officials (like yall wanted Manny and others to be), and we should be concerned with the ACC officials, but imagine that call goes a **** of a lot better after a win, than after Miami LOST THE GAME ITSELF….

Sour grapes. Miami was undisciplined, ill prepared and mismanaged the game.

The king of timeouts doesn’t call one when he fumbled away the game and the opponent is driving for a winning chance…

HEAD OF THE SNAKE

The fix was seemingly in all night.

Very questionable holding call on a TD that the point I was calling shenanigans.
I think we had 55 penalty yards in first half to 15. Don’t know how it ended but I know it took points off the board and changed drives.

We should have never been in that position, but it was clear there were at least 3 horrendous calls that officials should be fired for. Three "fake calls" a non late hit, a non hold and a non fumble. We played a lousy game and put ourselves in a position to let the refs swing the game.

The second it went for replay I knew it wasn’t getting overturned. I don’t know the numbers but all I remember GT getting called for was a ton of procedural stuff on offense. The one facemask call where they ripped Chaney’s helmet off. We did also get bailed out for them running into the snapper once.

Anything else was against Miami.. complete bull **** roughing the passer, bull **** taunting, bull **** holding, etc.. typical because we’re either undisciplined every year or we’re continually ****ed by the refs. Either way… wasn’t going our way.
We really weren't bailed out on the extra point, the guy who blocked the kick was the guy the penalty was on.

Advertisement
Back