The lights and distractions are bigger in Miami....

Guys we have a revelation.......there are women everywhere.....some **** nice ones too, all over.

We do NOT have the monopoly of beauties only in SoFla, so in other words, you can be tempted at ANY football College with the right moves.

Remember, we are talking College kids here, anything goes if you have been there............. Even if you don't play football.
Wonder if the OP went to school at the U?.....
I know when I attended our U, there was good stuff everywhere..........soooooooooo....failed premise.
The one thing you didn't learn was what not to put on your hot dog while you were there.

Advertisement
Boosters slipping wads of cash into players hands would be a fantastic problem to have. We have the opposite problem.

I agree in most part with the OP. While yes, the 80's teams dealt with the beginnings of the Miami Vice vibe, there is no comparison to the Miami of today to the one of the 80's in terms of activities, fun, luxury, or money.

IMO the TYPE OF PLAYER that now commits to Miami i think is different. He might be seeking the " Miami lifestyle"( See Tate Martell) and thus easily succumbs to it, versus the players from the 80's that came here first and foremost to ball out, not party. Did they party? Yes. I saw it. But I saw it on Saturday nights AFTER busting up Oklahoma, or ND, or whomever. For our great squads the party was secondary to winning.

I think we get a lot of kids now more enthralled with the city and our brand than with working and winning.

The epic fall of Tate Martell to easy p*ssy makes me realize what the UM Football program is truly facing...

The international epic center of South Beach with it's super stars, super models, super yatchs, and super-star players has become a huge carnival of distraction to your college athletes...

Imaging being some wide-eyed kid (mostly from humble roots) arriving to Miami and being bathed in the lights of SUPER Everything-- girls, money, power, luxury...

Imagine suddenly being invited to parties with J-Lo & A-Rod, with Jay-Z & Beyonce, with Lebron & Wade, with Whoever is big today....

Imagine being chased by packs of groupies who would drop to their knees and open their mouths if you just give them the signal...

Now also imaging wads of CASH$$ being slipped into your hands by boosters, fans, and every shady business man looking to win your favors to come be at their party and hang out with them....

This UM school is not what it was back in the 80's and 90's where it was still humble and was built on kids from Overtown and ghettos of south and central Florida....hungry to prove their worth, but didn't have the swanky South Beach and Miami lifestyle that exists today.

Miami is now the Beverly Hills of the South USA....

Full of temptations, distractions, and fame....

Now pretend your are some 18 year old kid showing up with expectations to go to classes and study 25hrs a week and put in another 15hrs at football practice.... but "don't you dare get distracted by the girls, the parties, the money, or the bling" of the Miami night life....

Good luck-- everyone of us on this board would fail in 1 week....

This is the battle Manny and every other coach before him has faced at Miami...

It's not just the football competition they fight-- they also fight the distractions of the glitter and the *****....

Tate Martel and Kiki Passo has just become the EXAMPLE of the temptations facing every Miami Hurricane today and in the future....and example of how ***, MONEY, FAME are the temptations most mere mortals have ZERO power to resist....

Now think about Bama, Clemson, UF, Georgia etc.... what i call the "KKK schools" where athletes run the risk of being shot or lynched if they leave the campus and touch the wrong family's white daughter.... No wonder those schools have athletes that focus and win big-- they don't have nearly the distractions that occurs in Miami....

Miami likely only has 2 schools with similar temptations-- USC and UCLA-- also located in a big time, star-studded, money-greased big city of temptations in L.A.

Until Miami begins the PAY-TO-PLAY program and pays bigger than most schools will we be back to the top....

CFB will become a "minor leagues of football" eventually....it'll take having a top 5 athletic payroll to win big in Miami...

Truth.

:monkey-serious:

Advertisement
It’s very easy to both work hard and play hard, we just happen to suck at football so it looks like how you portray it.

Meanwhile we’re consistently among the best for team community service hours and the last player to get in trouble was Jermaine Grace who got a discount on a rental car.

The players work hard every day, just cuz got don’t see it doesn’t mean it’s not happening. But tell yourself whatever you need to hear lol.

Please. This was written like some screenwriter's version of what THEY THINK Miami and especially the University of Miami is. Sans the "brighter lights" of being in an actual city almost everything else is completely offbase in relation to our football team.

If anything it actually works in the reverse because our players are essentially nobodies in the social scene that is South Florida whereas players in most big time football college towns are gods.

The whole Tathan/Kiki Passo example is beyond flawed too as that was wayyyyyy more the result of Instagram than any environment around our football team.

Advertisement
The epic fall of Tate Martell to easy p*ssy makes me realize what the UM Football program is truly facing...

The international epic center of South Beach with it's super stars, super models, super yatchs, and super-star players has become a huge carnival of distraction to your college athletes...

Imaging being some wide-eyed kid (mostly from humble roots) arriving to Miami and being bathed in the lights of SUPER Everything-- girls, money, power, luxury...

Imagine suddenly being invited to parties with J-Lo & A-Rod, with Jay-Z & Beyonce, with Lebron & Wade, with Whoever is big today....

Imagine being chased by packs of groupies who would drop to their knees and open their mouths if you just give them the signal...

Now also imaging wads of CASH$$ being slipped into your hands by boosters, fans, and every shady business man looking to win your favors to come be at their party and hang out with them....

This UM school is not what it was back in the 80's and 90's where it was still humble and was built on kids from Overtown and ghettos of south and central Florida....hungry to prove their worth, but didn't have the swanky South Beach and Miami lifestyle that exists today.

Now pretend your are some 18 year old kid showing up with expectations to go to classes and study 25hrs a week and put in another 15hrs at football practice.... but "don't you dare get distracted by the girls, the parties, the money, or the bling" of the Miami night life....

It's not just the football competition they fight-- they also fight the distractions of the glitter and the *****....

Tate Martel and Kiki Passo has just become the EXAMPLE of the temptations facing every Miami Hurricane today and in the future....and example of how ***, MONEY, FAME are the temptations most mere mortals have ZERO power to resist....

Now think about Bama, Clemson, UF, Georgia etc.... what i call the "KKK schools" where athletes run the risk of being shot or lynched if they leave the campus and touch the wrong family's white daughter.... No wonder those schools have athletes that focus and win big-- they don't have nearly the distractions that occurs in Miami....

Miami likely only has 2 schools with similar temptations-- USC and UCLA-- also located in a big time, star-studded, money-greased big city of temptations in L.A.

Until Miami begins the PAY-TO-PLAY program and pays bigger than most schools will we be back to the top....

CFB will become a "minor leagues of football" eventually....it'll take having a top 5 athletic payroll to win big in Miami...

Truth.

Were you just born, that **** has no logic or reason for the losses, it was worst in the 80's and 90's when most places were real country, and no internet just pull everything up like you can these days. While Miami will still mesmerize many, its alot more known now, that's not the reason these ****'s been losing, until we weed out all the double agents at UM, we'll be back on track, starting with flake james, he was forced to hire coach richt but he doesnt want in Truth to hire an established headcoach, he was raised by troll shalala, and right out of her program castration playbook, only hire either 1st time headcoaches or small school program coaches itching to take a step up, so in many ways they'll be indebted to the A.D.(=Always Dumb)as long as flake is at the helm.

What Super Stars / super-star players you talking about? I ran yachts so I'm with you there, seen plenty of great looking women, but did I somehow miss Pele come back for an exhibition? Did Jeter fix the Marlins? Is Zonka running someone over, or Marino doing a two-minute drill? Are Dwayne Wade, LeBron and ET back in town for another try?

If not, Please don't insult the Pre-Hardrock Dolphin and Canes memories by even suggesting there are any true Dolphin and Canes Super Stars or even stars, of late - also don't throw shade on the city's legacy - its all we have left. The way these teams are playing Global Warming can't get here soon enough to put us out of our misery.

Advertisement

Truth.
?????

Advertisement
This is wrong lmao. If you go to a school with a big football team like Bama, that is where girls drop to their knees to suck off the players. At Miami most of the girls don't even know who the players are. Tate is the exception for getting a ton of *****. He has the hottest girlfriend of any Miami player since at least the late 00s(could be before, but I wasn't on campus at the time). When I was at school the only football player that was known to get a ton of ***** was Colin McCarthy.

The kids that got the most *****, by far, at the U were the kids whose parents were worth hundreds of millions

Op have you been on deserted island of kidnapped by aliens and have just recently returned to earth/civilization.this stuff been going on since florida became a state.our players in the eighties got better treatment than the stars did.these kids today just can't handle it maybe it's the testerone level or maybe they don't know what manhood means.which would explain a lot why they can't beat anyone with a pulse.

Advertisement
Back