Bain
Wayne
Bryant
Lightfoot
Blount
McConathy
Rudolph
Pickett
Five are true Fr , most of them are under sized and Blount is a future DT down the road that reclassified. We need a rotational guy. That’s not enough proven guys that are ready, it would be foolish to roll with what we have after last year.

Complete panic move by an insecure HC.

10 DEs is more than enough everywhere but here:

Alston
Mesidor
Bain
Wayne
Bryant
Lightfoot
Blount
McConathy
Rudolph
Pickett
That’s not enough. We should add another vet to that room. Going off last year at least 2 of our top 3 projected contributors were lost to injuries. And bain doing what he did as a TF was a blessing..not really a norm.

Advertisement
Five are true Fr , most of them are under sized and Blount is a future down the road that reclassified. We need a rotational guy.
I respectfully disagree. Portaling over your best recruits is unecessary.

Blount is a man-child 5-star talent regardless of his age. He didn't reclassify and flip his commitmentnt to sit behind some career JAG like Romello Height. Just an awful evaluation and total panic move.

Mesidor and Alston have a combined 9 years of service time.

Bain, Wayne, Lightfoot, Blount, Bryant were mega recruits.

McConathy is already drawing rave reviews.

This is absurd.

I think the staff panicked a little when some of our guys told them they were going to transfer. Then they realized filling spots with JAGs is stupid.

IMG_3599.gif

Blount is a man-child 5-star talent regardless of his age. He didn't reclassify and flip his commitmentnt to sit behind some career JAG like Romello Height. Just an awful evaluation and total panic move.

This is absurd.
You realize we lost 2/3 guys from that Room to injury last year and were thin. What we got out of Bain is not normal. So to expect anything similar or even a fraction of that from RS fresh or TF is absolutely absurd. You need 4/5 who can go if you want to compete for ships. The best D lines come In waves

Advertisement

This is absurd.
Depending on true Fr DL as depth is lunacy lol. If you need evidence watch last year. Bain is a once a decade type player that was physically ready. You saw what happens when the vets went down , he ran out of steam and the younger guys wasn’t ready. You want grown ups in the trenches. Not depending on 6’4 225 -230 pound pups playing real snaps.

Btw nice work. It took me a second post to realize I’ve been Rok’d lol.

Five are true Fr , most of them are under sized and Blount is a future DT down the road that reclassified. We need a rotational guy. That’s not enough proven guys that are ready, it would be foolish to roll with what we have after last year.

Facts. With a Ward-run offense, we have a chance to make a playoff run (win 10 and we're almost certainly part of the 12 that get in). You can't f that up hoping your starters stay healthy.

It's why I want 2 RBs, 2 DTs (a 1-tech AND a 3-tech), 2 DBs (a pure CB, a pure S), a DE and potentially a OG and LB. I know that's a lot. But we're sooooo close to being a dominant team, no time to get cheap or too loyal to existing players on the depth chart.

Depending on true Fr DL as depth is lunacy lol. If you need evidence watch last year. Bain is a once a decade type player that was physically ready. You saw what happens when the vets went down , he ran out of steam and the younger guys wasn’t ready. You want grown ups in the trenches. Not depending on 6’4 225 -230 pound pups playing real snaps.

Rok or no, a lot of CISers think the same. There are roughly a dozen Bains and Mauigoas across all college football each year. We hit the lottery with 2 of them. You CAN NOT count on true freshmen. Hope for the best, plan for the worst.

Advertisement

You don't stash 5-star talents like Blount, Scott, Lightfoot so they can "develop" behind the veteran JAGs this staff continues to assemble. Their obsession with experience is lunacy. Why bust your *** recruiting elite athletes if you're going to make them sit and wait behind older players you picked up off the scrap heap?

I'd prefer for my 5th DT to be Justin Scott instead of Thomas Gore, and for my 5th DE to be Blount, Bryant or Lightfoot instead of 4 sacks in 4 years, 6'3 230 Romello Height. We dodged a bullet but I'm ready to cringe at our next offer to another average veteran DE.

so how do you suggest getting the young guys live action? spot snaps, situational ... also, don't you have to give wayne burn being that he's from the northwest and those guys tend to get homesick? bain, messidor, alston, wayne, and bryant is a nice rotation

In a perfect world blow outs or situational. You don’t want these small one trick ponies having to lineup in obvious run downs or every down spots where they’ll get exposed. Put them in spots to succeed. Third and longs when you slide 3 end 44 inside. As for Wayne he’s in year two and should be ready to hold up.
same for bryant? he showed some nice burst ... not sure how he'd hold up against the run ... but he'd fit perfectly into the idea of kicking bain and messidor inside on passing downs and bringing in bryant

Advertisement
You don't stash 5-star talents like Blount, Scott, Lightfoot so they can "develop" behind the veteran JAGs this staff continues to assemble. Their obsession with experience is lunacy. Why bust your *** recruiting elite athletes if you're going to make them sit and wait behind older players you picked up off the scrap heap?

I'd prefer for my 5th DT to be Justin Scott instead of Thomas Gore, and for my 5th DE to be Blount, Bryant or Lightfoot instead of 4 sacks in 4 years, 6'3 230 Romello Height. We dodged a bullet but I'm ready to cringe at our next offer to another average veteran DE.
Putting 230 pounders in there every down is a bad recipe. If you play those types it’s in situational spots or blow outs. Depending on that every down if injuries happen ( and they will) is irresponsible roster management.

same for bryant? he showed some nice burst ... not sure how he'd hold up against the run ... but he'd fit perfectly into the idea of kicking bain and messidor inside on passing downs and bringing in bryant
Bryant playing Mike was insane to me , he never had the fluidity to be there. I harped on that one making no sense then in the BCU game thread I reiterated that guy is completely lost and has no business there. He might need some time to get acclimated to things but I like him a lot more at his natural spot. Not sure if he’s ready to be rotational guy. I’m out of the loop more than normal.

It was the part about it being an awful eval and panic move pertaining to a kid we DID NOT take that really shows the elite lateral quickness

when JAGs start people just say to play the young guys and take lumps that way

Then the young guys play and they look like absolute **** and get destroyed

Then the same posters just move on to calling them busts and talking about the guys in our recruiting class being the answer

Talk about job security

Advertisement
Back