The King and Ragone Show with Nesta Silvera

Advertisement
But...he did...

Maybe he did. I personally find it hard to believe somebody like Ivey who got high when hosting a recruit, was scared to tackle, and got constantly got burnt was given a chance but he wasn't. But maybe a coach bad mouthed him to Mario on the way out and advised him to move on.

I understand that some people might want to put all of the emphasis on "on-field" only.

But without going into specifics, just look at the timing and circumstances. Later this spring, we will see some guys leave who basically agree with Mario (that things need to change) but that are not fully capable of doing all the things that Mario requires. You might also see some guys leave before spring practice who simply don't buy in to what is happening, and what changes are being made.

If this were an "on-field play" evaluation situation, this would have happened at the end of April.
I’m not debating you on this…. at all, I’m just wondering what did Mario hear or know in regards to Nesta. That’s all. Mario came in… and then poof…. Nesta was in the Portal.

Eyeroll.gif

You can eyeroll all you'd like. I have no idea why a bunch of people continue to try to white-knight for Nesta because they fell in love with his "make the crib great again" schtick. Or his good play against F$U.

So many times when I wonder why abused women keep insisting that they can "change" their men and that the men will treat them better in the future, I just come to this website and realize that the mentality is not limited to any particular gender.

I don't have anything against Nesta, I hope he does well at ASU. But I'm not too worried about losing him either. Nesta is UM's John Roper.

Coach Jimmy Johnson cut the fifth-year linebacker from Texas A&M, who was obtained from Chicago in a preseason trade.

Roper, who had drawn praise from Johnson for his effort in previous games, was put on the inactive list for Sunday’s 26-17 victory over the San Francisco 49ers.

Johnson caught Roper asleep during a special teams meeting Friday. “John didn’t fit in,” Johnson said. “He’s a good football player and has the ability to make plays, but we expect certain things from our players. The chemistry on this team is very important.”

Roper, Markus Paul and Kelly Blackwell came to the Cowboys in exchange for Vinson Smith, Barry Minter and a late-round draft choice. “I guess Chicago got the best of the trade,” Johnson said. “Vinson Smith is starting and (Bear Coach) Dave Wannstedt is happy. We get a minus on this one.”

Last season, Johnson cut running back Curvin Richards for fumbling twice during a game.

I’m not debating you on this…. at all, I’m just wondering what did Mario hear or know in regards to Nesta. That’s all. Mario came in… and then poof…. Nesta was in the Portal.

It wasn't anything Mario had to hear, it was just the interactions. Mario came in, spoke to the team, spoke to the players, communicated expectations, etc. Not everyone on the roster bought in.

So Mario Roper-doped him.

Advertisement
You can eyeroll all you'd like. I have no idea why a bunch of people continue to try to white-knight for Nesta because they fell in love with his "make the crib great again" schtick. Or his good play against F$U.

So many times when I wonder why abused women keep insisting that they can "change" their men and that the men will treat them better in the future, I just come to this website and realize that the mentality is not limited to any particular gender.

I don't have anything against Nesta, I hope he does well at ASU. But I'm not too worried about losing him either. Nesta is UM's John Roper.

Coach Jimmy Johnson cut the fifth-year linebacker from Texas A&M, who was obtained from Chicago in a preseason trade.

Roper, who had drawn praise from Johnson for his effort in previous games, was put on the inactive list for Sunday’s 26-17 victory over the San Francisco 49ers.

Johnson caught Roper asleep during a special teams meeting Friday. “John didn’t fit in,” Johnson said. “He’s a good football player and has the ability to make plays, but we expect certain things from our players. The chemistry on this team is very important.”

Roper, Markus Paul and Kelly Blackwell came to the Cowboys in exchange for Vinson Smith, Barry Minter and a late-round draft choice. “I guess Chicago got the best of the trade,” Johnson said. “Vinson Smith is starting and (Bear Coach) Dave Wannstedt is happy. We get a minus on this one.”

Last season, Johnson cut running back Curvin Richards for fumbling twice during a game.
Because you’re just guessing and assuming and have no source on this, I honestly don’t care if he transfers or not just with people pretending to be in the “know” . I wouldn’t of even said anything in this thread if you would of just said “I’m making an assumption based off of what I seen that Mario asked him to leave” Not acting like Mario himself told you he did .

Maybe he did. I personally find it hard to believe somebody like Ivey who got high when hosting a recruit, was scared to tackle, and got constantly got burnt was given a chance but he wasn't. But maybe a coach bad mouthed him to Mario on the way out and advised him to move on.

Mario wasn't there when Ivey did that stuff, and maybe Ivey will be out later on, who knows. Again, I said that this particular situation was not related to on-field performance, and you are bringing up Ivey's on-field play. There will be time for Mario to evaluate Ivey's play over the next 2 months. But Mario had his fill of Silvera quickly. It wasn't a coach "bad-mouthing him to Mario on the way out".

Because you’re just guessing and assuming and have no source on this, I honestly don’t care if he transfers or not just with people pretending to be in the “know” . I wouldn’t of even said anything in this thread if you would of just said “I’m making an assumption based off of what I seen that Mario asked him to leave” Not acting like Mario himself told you he did .

I'm not guessing and you are free to assume whatever you want. I never claimed that Mario told me anything and nobody is pretending to be in the know. You're entitled to try to diminish me any way you want to.

Sounds like revisionist history from a guy trying to make himself look good on the way out the door.

No insider knowledge. I wish Nesta the best. But I don't buy some of the stuff he's selling in that podcast for a second.

Advertisement
Never seen a program air out dirty laundry as much at UM.
Players who transfer out, some alumni, some Board of Directors, players who leak out stuff, even staff have.

Am I crazy? Or is this pretty common place. Like shoot, if guy thought that some players shouldn't have played, wouldn't be the perfect time to bring it up to a guy (i.e., Cristobal) who lived it beforehand, and to be quite honest, seems like Mario would welcome it and notice that in a leader type person?

Either way, I think this is a grey area (ex. the way he's speaking of the program) between sour grapes and just straight fed up with some **** that was flying around the program while he was here and maybe he didn't want to have to be part of a rebuilding effort AGAIN.
Ummm… I think it’s more common than you think. In fact, I think UM have done a better job. Gators doing the same. ****, you see what’s happening to the dolphins? That’s just the way it goes.

Good post. The question is then, did new new staff want him to stay. With all of his passion, was he going to be a fit in their scheme and at his size and at his position?
Judging by the other comments, it looks like Mario either nudged him out or, at minimum, made it appear he was indifferent to Nesta staying/leaving.

The groupies he has on here is crazy. I've never seen someone get pushed around so much but people still think he's a "bully".

Advertisement
Advertisement
Yall really think ppl are gonna put their sources?

C'mon, now, stop with that, he's loyal to his sources so he isn't gonna out his sources. Asking for SoUrCeS knowing good **** well no one will tell you is weak sauce and old asf, vet.
Nah I dont think he wanted like a specific name. but when someone posts something the "source" could be an article, tweet, post on a website etc. If it is not that it is easy just to say someone connected with the team if it is not in a public forum somewhere. I only say that because I have asked the same question when someone posted "Player "X" in the portal" I asked source because I had not seen it, sure enough it was a tweet.

Yall really think ppl are gonna put their sources?

C'mon, now, stop with that, he's loyal to his sources so he isn't gonna out his sources. Asking for SoUrCeS knowing good **** well no one will tell you is weak sauce and old asf, vet.

That's been the "discredit people" game for 10 years on this board, and even longer on other boards.

1. Demand a source
2. Discredit posters who do not disclose sources
3. Repeat

What do I have to gain? Nothing. What do I have to lose? All credibility. Why would I do such a thing when I am a UM alum who supports other UM alums and doesn't like to crap on our former players?

I have no problems with anyone choosing not to believe what happened, but I would challenge anyone to produce a hypothesis (or, ****, even an alternate factual scenario) that accurately describes what took place (since I'm just making stuff up, according to some).

Advertisement
Back