The King and Ragone Show with Nesta Silvera

Advertisement
Others were weak and didn’t want to do right thing, make him looking aggressive when he’s just passionate. When 2 want to do right and 10 want to do wrong, who do you think wins?

more importantly and believable is D’Eriq backed him wanting to win more than almost anyone.

essentially, culture issues….. still loves Miami.
(didn’t watch whole thing, that’s Just the 20 minute mark cliffs)

Advertisement
Others were weak and didn’t want to do right thing, make him looking aggressive when he’s just passionate. When 2 want to do right and 10 want to do wrong, who do you think wins?

more importantly and believable is D’Eriq backed him wanting to win more than almost anyone.

essentially, culture issues….. still loves Miami.
(didn’t watch whole thing, that’s Just the 20 minute mark cliffs)
I don't mean this to come across as questioning King's statement (or Nesta), but it just seems odd to me that he would leave when UM FINALLY has a HC and a structure in place that demands 100% full effort. Nesta, for all of his limitations, always looked like a guy to me that gave it 100% every time he was out there.

I know he is maybe a bit undersized by Mario's standards, but surely one would think Nesta's competitive spirit would be welcomed to stay on the team, especially with the lack of depth at DT.

I don't mean this to come across as questioning King's statement (or Nesta), but it just seems odd to me that he would leave when UM FINALLY has a HC and a structure in place that demands 100% full effort. Nesta, for all of his limitations, always looked like a guy to me that gave it 100% every time he was out there.

I know he is maybe a bit undersized by Mario's standards, but surely one would think Nesta's competitive spirit would be welcomed to stay on the team, especially with the lack of depth at DT.

This is his 2nd HC change

Advertisement
I may have been one of the few that wished he stayed. Thank God the previous staff is gone

I wanted him to stay. He might not be the space eater we need to pair with Taylor, but IMO he was better than any other DT on roster including JHH.

Some other guys who are super well respected on here suggested Nesta's attitude had turned cancerous. I don't doubt it at all. But it's clear we're talking about a young man who wears his emotions on his sleeve.

This podcast reinforced to me that Nesta is a good kid even if he ran into insurmountable culture issues where it was better for him and the team to move on. Every one of us has faced a similar situation at some point in our lives. And even the best kids can take it personally and turn sour if their dreams aren't being realized.

Personally, I think Mario, Steele and Salave'a would have gotten him to perform at peak.

Advertisement
Imagine the DT getting bullied and pushed around in most games attempting to "check" his team mate.

Summed up perfectly below:

"So he leaves when he finally has a coach who will hold people accountable and goes to a program with little accountability in ASU? Ok."

lol @ the mopes reacting to this. Ya'll really bought into Jade's fake tough guy act didn't you?

Last edited:
Advertisement
After watching that it is extremely clear that there was some serious issues with the 2019 team beyond football (Losses to FIU, Duke, LA Tech).

The culture obviously needs to change and hopefully the freshman from last year can be the guys who do it.

But it seriously makes you wonder how can you play power 5 football and not take it extremely serious, you have a chance to perform at a level people dream about doing.

Advertisement
Back